Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I've wondered before if the bar code can be scanned or if the numbers can be made out and inputted somewhere. But would that make any difference if the physical copy was never sold anywhere?

Ages ago I tried that using one of the apps on iPhones and it didn't work~ didn't expect it to but just to check.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

No ambiguity.

plxFU.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've seen this as part of a fanmade album cover set.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

It’s funny, when i first saw it, the first thing i thought (besides that i really liked it) was that, for some reason, the front and back do go together. It made "sense" to me when i first saw it. It's obviously a subjective matter. I’m not a graphic designer by any stretch, but wouldn't you say that the gradients of pale yellow and pale blue complement each other?

I thought so too, Monicker, even if nobody else on here seems to have when they first saw it.

However, for those of you who think the colors don't go together, and consider that proof that the back cover is fake-- I don't know why you'd consider that proof given her history of horrible cover art-- I'll play devil's advocate and ask this: What makes you so sure that front cover image was actually used on any physical copies of the CD?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

It was a sketch anyway, we don't know if it was the final back cover.

What makes you so sure that front cover image was actually used on any physical copies of the CD?

Some blogs that reviewed the album/interviewed her back then posted it, so I don't think there was another artwork, at least for the digital release.

2wn4whw.png

This?

tumblrlu6pwkiS5u1qftigpo2500c06c46dapng_probfanmade.png

Yeah, thank you. Interesting that this fan-made one used the Lana Del Ray title. And this one was around even before .fm, prior to 2012, i believe.

Question: Does anyone know when the FBI Anti-Piracy notice started appearing on CDs? Was that around in 2008?

I'll play devil's advocate and ask this: What makes you so sure that front cover image was actually used on any physical copies of the CD?

I've been wondering that, if maybe the physical copies never had any artwork, and the cover we know of today was made afterwards for the digital release.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Is the Summertime Sadness demo just the radio edit? Some people have told me it is, some people told me it isn't so I don't know what to believe and is Blue Ribbon just another name for Gramma or is it an actual demo?

The demo and Radio Edit of SS are not the same.

Blue Ribbon is Gramma and the file that goes around as the Gramma demo is just the AKA recording.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

However, for those of you who think the colors don't go together, and consider that proof that the back cover is fake-- I don't know why you'd consider that proof given her history of horrible cover art-- I'll play devil's advocate and ask this: What makes you so sure that front cover image was actually used on any physical copies of the CD?

Because when the album was being sold digitally, they used the front cover image with which we are all familiar. I didn't say I considered it proof though, that the colors not matching means it's fake, I don't think anyone did? Too lazy to scroll up and look.

14417469274.gif

I've been wondering that, if maybe the physical copies never had any artwork, and the cover we know of today was made afterwards for the digital release.

Yeah, or I'm suggesting it's possible the back cover art was used on the physical copies with some other front cover and the front cover art was made afterwards for the digital release.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Well, I have a question.

There was a guy/girl who posted a link of his/her site-project for Lana, a while ago. He uploaded his first essay about her and it was quite impressing. Maybe it's even someone of you so i'm looking for this link - i just can't find it anywhere and i don't remember where i saw it. It was like a blog.

Thanks in advance!