electra

Lana covers Mojo Magazine ("The Rise and Rise of Lana Del Rey - It's Dangerous On The Edges!")

Mojo is a pretty strange magazine for someone of Lana's era to be on the front of. I did a quick analysis of the dozen or so issues that are up on the website at the moment to show how unusual it is for an artist active 2012-now to be on the cover is:

The Cure - first album, 1979
John Lennon - active 1962-1980
The White Stripes - active 1999-2011
Bob Dylan - first record, 1962
Queen - first record, 1971
The Beatles - active 1962-1970
David Bowie - first record, 1967
Paul Weller - first record, 1977
Nick Cave - first record, 1979
Foo Fighters - first record, 1995
Jimi Hendrix - active 1967-1970
Joy Division - active 1979-1980

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

the british’ late asses still havent posted that interview huh

If you go by the opening words for the interview, it seems she's doing more doubling down of the same drama? Who knows.

148996569-1518896498306567-3691463783148

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

the british’ late asses still havent posted that interview huh

it's 6:47 am :awkney:

they sell it at sainsbury's apparently but that's like twenty minutes away from me so I'll wait for someone else to get it :awkney:

43 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Mojo is a pretty strange magazine for someone of Lana's era to be on the front of. I did a quick analysis of the dozen or so issues that are up on the website at the moment to show how unusual it is for an artist active 2012-now to be on the cover is:

Mojo was an incredible magazine in the early 2000's. I would run to the news stand to get all my White Stripes and Strokes covers.

And I did the same exact shit when they released a special on TWS last month.

12 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

It’s because she’s already a legend

ok obviously lana does not look her best in THOSE particular photos (like wtf was the concept for this shoot? drunk woman literally crawls home from the bar????) but do yall really think Lana fucked her face that bad?? I mean anyone who gets fillers in their 20's literally HAS to keep up with them or theyll look so bad and have saggy skin (fillers are like once you get them you cant go back to how you looked before) but i dont think she looks botched or anything...like she looked STUNNING in the chemtrails video, and i think she still has the same structure in her face. i mean obviously she gained a ton of weight and therefor her face looks more filled in than it did in 2017 when she was super skinny, but i genuinely am shocked that yall think her face has gone to hell!!!

15 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

ok obviously lana does not look her best in THOSE particular photos (like wtf was the concept for this shoot? drunk woman literally crawls home from the bar????) but do yall really think Lana fucked her face that bad?? I mean anyone who gets fillers in their 20's literally HAS to keep up with them or theyll look so bad and have saggy skin (fillers are like once you get them you cant go back to how you looked before) but i dont think she looks botched or anything...like she looked STUNNING in the chemtrails video, and i think she still has the same structure in her face. i mean obviously she gained a ton of weight and therefor her face looks more filled in than it did in 2017 when she was super skinny, but i genuinely am shocked that yall think her face has gone to hell!!!

Focus on the cheekbones, lips and eyebrow bridge. If you still can't see the difference then never mind.

001.jpg

3 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Focus on the cheekbones, lips and eyebrow bridge. If you still can't see the difference then never mind.

001.jpg

i mean i can totally see the difference, but lanas face changes every year! its not like i would mistake her for someone else. look at selena and ariana, they looked way different at the start of 2020 compared to the end, but they're still recognizable and such

Just now, RormanNockwell said:

We need a British bestie to post the interview and save us all ...

I bet you the Russian fan sites are going to post it first. They are first when it comes to stuff like that, so keep an eye for vk.com

47 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Mojo was an incredible magazine in the early 2000's. I would run to the news stand to get all my White Stripes and Strokes covers.

And I did the same exact shit when they released a special on TWS last month.

I've always enjoyed it as well, but probably more than 95% of their covers are either old rockers, or bands that play old rockers-inspired rock. You'll also notice she's the only lone woman on that list as well.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

4 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

I've always enjoyed it as well, but probably more than 95% of their covers are either old rockers, or bands that play old rockers-inspired rock. You'll also notice she's the only lone woman on that list as well.

I love those old rockers. lol

Over the years they had Kate Bush on the cover several times. Same with Madonna, Joni Mitchell and Amy Winehouse. It's a better magazine then Rollingstone that's for sure. Lana did well with NFR so it's about time they put her on the cover.

19 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

001.jpg

I’ll never understand the filler she got between her eyebrows like... boo what? 

10 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Why are the british so fuckin lazy?

this is so random but i always see you posting in the threads i follow on here and always at first when im reading your posts im like "ugh this bitch i can already tell im not going to be for whatever they wrote" then by the end of it im a full stan for whatever the message may be. i think it might be the avi that gives me my initial reaction, but your humor wit and bluntness always wins over! 10/10 poster!

50 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

001.jpg

Are you comparing someone’s photos in 2012 with 2021? 
sis i can see the differences between my selfies last month and today 

:smile3: