electra

Lana covers Mojo Magazine ("The Rise and Rise of Lana Del Rey - It's Dangerous On The Edges!")

Okay, I thought the interview was gonna be chaotic and bring another controversy but I’m happily surprised at how good this interview was! She explains her thoughts nicely, they bring up things from past and present and we got lots of small details about the album and its songs!

I really don’t like the pictures (also a bit sad that Lana went from blonde to, like, box dye black instead of something less dramatic) but I really want buy the magazine just to keep the interview in my small collection.

A thousand thanks to @electra!!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Omg I can't wait to read the interview.

I agree with @Clampigirl, she just doesn't look with such a dramatic black color. In my honest opinion, we all look best with our natural hair colors and tones. Blonde Lana best Lana.

i was worried but wow this really turned out to be one of her best interviews in a long time, the power of editing :teehee:. it was nice to finally hear about the music and also her recent “controversies” being explained rather insightful, i hope that’s the end of it tho. she’s so uncertain about this album which i think explains the rather short tracklist  probably because there weren’t a whole lot of songs she was in love with but i’m excited nonetheless from what she described. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

what a great interview!!! it actually sounds like they respected her for fucking once. and she seemed fragile but realistic, but almost uncertain about things. i can't wait for this album to drop so we can see where she'll go afterward. hmm....

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Nah, but it's true. 

It's her only album that doesn't have anything challenging/wild. It has that singer/songwriter feel, and I love Norman, but it was clear most of the critics would eat that shit up. Nothing wrong about that tho

I took as if there was nothing to dislike not because it's wasn't too wild just because it was THAT good and she was sure of the quality of the material though? Idk at least I read it that way lol

8nl2OpX.png

3 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

I took as if there was nothing to dislike not because it's wasn't too wild just because it was THAT good and she was sure of the quality of the material though? Idk at least I read it that way lol

I mean, it could also be read that way but imo, I still think she meant it was a safe sound. 

I got that impression bc she shrugged when saying it wasn't anything not to like about it and her saying "Norman's just cool, it's easy to cheer for that." 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

This was quite an interesting read. Makes me kinda nervous for the album since she is so unsure of it. I am so intrigued by White Dress and Dark But Just a Game. The part where she calls WD's chorus stupid made me giggle. I wonder what happened at that party with Jack. The photos are breathtaking. Weird but beautiful. The photo with the hoodie in particular is immaculate:pray2:

-Homeland of the Gods-

13 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Omg I can't wait to read the interview.

I agree with @Clampigirl, she just doesn't look with such a dramatic black color. In my honest opinion, we all look best with our natural hair colors and tones. Blonde Lana best Lana.

She can look like an absolute goddess in black hair too, but I prefer her in a darker brown over pitch black. :3 It doesn’t look as harsh against her skin tone and more alive imo.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

buy the print if you like the interview!!!! support mojo magazine for giving us this beautifully edited so it isn't crazy amazing insightful article :thumb2:

and if we're on the subject of hair i think dark brown looks better than black on her, just for a little more natural look, but it also depends on her makeup/outfit/look... i think for this shoot the lighting also kinda washes her out/is very high contrast so it makes it look super super extreme

sUcVobB.png

As for the hair convo, yes the black is a little too black. She doesn’t even look like herself anymore anyways so it’s kind of whatever 

Anyways I am interested in Dark But Just A Game. It being commentary on Hollywood after an awkward party is probably the last thing I would’ve expected it to be about, but I’m here for it. 

in general, I think fame and scrutiny weighs extremely heavily on her (as is becoming more obvious) so I’m interested to hear what she’s got to say lol

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I‘m gonna listen to all of the artists mentioned on that A-Z list (bzw, did Mojo create that list or did Lana?) So far, Sibylle Baier sounds exactly like May Jailer, even the lyrics.

A really good interview, I love the way they included her Lizzy Grant days! 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible