electra

Lana covers Mojo Magazine ("The Rise and Rise of Lana Del Rey - It's Dangerous On The Edges!")

I’m so impressed. Her best interview in a long time! I’m getting a bit nervous for this next album just because she herself seems so unsure about it... but I get the feeling that’s because it’s very sincere and vulnerable??? I hope so.

The whole interview feels like a confirmation of how traumatized she is about being so harshly discredited by the media for so long ? but at the same time I love how they accepted how she recognizes her own power and influence in “I wanted music to change in the early 2000s and I wanted it to be better than it was. I think it is and I genuinely think I had a hand in it for female singer-songwriters”. They don’t land like shots from  a weaponised ego - more the affirmations of someone who still feels as if she doesn’t say it, nobody will.” ?

7 minutes ago, ladylazaroos said:

I’m so impressed. Her best interview in a long time! I’m getting a bit nervous for this next album just because she herself seems so unsure about it... but I get the feeling that’s because it’s very sincere and vulnerable??? I hope so.

The whole interview feels like a confirmation of how traumatized she is about being so harshly discredited by the media for so long ? but at the same time I love how they accepted how she recognizes her own power and influence in “I wanted music to change in the early 2000s and I wanted it to be better than it was. I think it is and I genuinely think I had a hand in it for female singer-songwriters”. They don’t land like shots from  a weaponised ego - more the affirmations of someone who still feels as if she doesn’t say it, nobody will.” ?

i think she's unsure because it doesn't maybe have an arc or sound that draws it into one big universe the way, for example, NFR did (she mentions the sun-washed production)– she says it has an essence of a "life lived," meaning the connecting factor is her and her perspective, rather than production and narrative tying it all together maybe. idk, i am not worried at all, i think in some ways it might feel more raw than, say, LFL and NFR.

aOaIzH2.gif

3 hours ago, partymonster said:

yasss nancy ajram

Didn’t expect to see that name here lmao, but yeah, there’s a resemblance due mostly to the lighting

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Low-key got triggered when she called 40 degrees "cold" when I woke up to snow and 28 degree weather in this stupid little coastal town I'm trapped in...

Super excited for the chorus of White Dress though now :trisha:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

7 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

Re: Dark But Just a Game

Portishead? Portishead?! :defeated:

i know!! i wonder if this means electronic elements? def something v moody. i forget the instrument run-down for this track and am too lazy to look it up rn.

Just now, Mer said:

Low-key got triggered when she called 40 degrees "cold" when I woke up to snow and 28 degree weather in this stupid little coastal town I'm trapped in...

as a so cal girl i high key identify with calling anything below 60 degrees cold lololol

aOaIzH2.gif

• "Not All Who Wanders Are Lost" has a high thrill and reminds Lana of "Cinderella in the movie, where she's holding the blue bird"
  • "Dark But Just A Game" is sonically compared to Portishead and Ricky Nelson's"Garden Party". Lyrically, it is supposed to be similar to Allen Ginsberg's poem "Howl".
    Apart from that, it seems to be inspired by an disillusioning incident at a party she attended with Jack, hosted by Madonna and U2's manager Guy Oseray, where she contemplated about how it's best not to meet your idols and how musicians change in strange ways. The title originates from a conversation between her and Jack.
    Jack also describes this song as "so LDR", being about "fly down the rabbit hole and smile in the same breath"

I KNEW THESE TWO WERE GOING TO BE ALBUM HIGHLIGHTS I JUST KNEW IT :trisha:

nice cocc bro

This is an excellent interview! :party: Thoughtful, detailed, in-depth, with lots of juicy tidbits that have me so excited for the new album! :legend:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

6 hours ago, wild caged animal said:

all this talk about narcissism as the biggest problem in america... only for Joan Baez to call Lana a gorgeous narcissist

I dont get why Joan called her that :thumb3: all artists have tons of photoshoots and makeup on in them??  beauty shaming much

27 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

Re: Dark But Just a Game

Portishead? Portishead?! :defeated:

19 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

i know!! i wonder if this means electronic elements? def something v moody. i forget the instrument run-down for this track and am too lazy to look it up rn.

I'm guessing the way Beth Gibbons sings is what she's referring to, because musically Portishead are one of the Godfathers of the Trip-Hop movement. I don't really imagine Lana going trip-hop especially given how she's described COCC thus far. Also, is she referring to Dummy, Portishead (self-titled 2nd album) or Third because all 3 albums are all different sonically ?‍♂️ The heavy, deep bass of Dummy still gets me all tingling inside when I play that album at ridiculously loud volume ?Nonetheless, name dropping Portishead makes me really excited !! ? 

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

I can't believe they mentioned Sirens AND Bob Leone :excited:

One of the best interviews of Lana's I've read!!!!! Lots of juicy new info too...

4 new songs with Nikki? Two full-length country/folk cover albums??????? Yeehaw

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

5 hours ago, electra said:

got the pages ! she looks HOT in the neil photo!!! i’m glad they included it.

Hide contents

f3YLhUg.jpg

vjYmr9X.jpg

mN5rjhc.jpg

OBXBb8u.jpg

Judee Sill, yes queen! I'm so moved she actually knows her and listens to her :crai:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

Not gonna lie, I love the fact that she isn’t sure about the album and thinks certain parts of it is stupid :thumb2::thumb2:

COTCC truly has the potential to be one of her best albums. 

I also think this is going to be the first time she’s ever released an album without announcing the next one. I don’t think she has writers block, but she’s still experimenting with the sounds she wants and hasn’t found where she wants to go yet

"Don’t forget me"

6 hours ago, bel air rose said:

need to see that close up photo with the white hood :trisha:

y'all gotta be more careful with wording when comments like this is the first thing i read :rip: 

7 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Not gonna lie, I love the fact that she isn’t sure about the album and thinks certain parts of it is stupid :thumb2::thumb2:

her version of fine tuning an album is like me fine tuning my car by throwing a molotov at it ie lust for life i want to see how the music is when she don't even like it! 

1 hour ago, Mer said:

yeah it's really interesting that she said that 40 is cold when it's -4 with a wind-chill of -22 where i'm at right now :barrie: 40 feels like summer compared to that 

WGe8ynS.gif