electra

Lana covers Mojo Magazine ("The Rise and Rise of Lana Del Rey - It's Dangerous On The Edges!")

43 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

I'm guessing the way Beth Gibbons sings is what she's referring to, because musically Portishead are one of the Godfathers of the Trip-Hop movement. I don't really imagine Lana going trip-hop especially given how she's described COCC thus far. Also, is she referring to Dummy, Portishead (self-titled 2nd album) or Third because all 3 albums are all different sonically ?‍♂️ The heavy, deep bass of Dummy still gets me all tingling inside when I play that album at ridiculously loud volume ?Nonetheless, name dropping Portishead makes me really excited !! ? 

i don't know, TJF sort of leans in a portishead-y direction sonically (from what we can tell of the clip, anyhow). i know the album as a whole won't be trip-hoppy but i do wonder about these 2 songs.

aOaIzH2.gif

9 hours ago, May Fucking Jailer said:

im still waiting for the why she named the album after this title and the deeper meaning 

To me it's all about "how this deep normality settles down over [her]"

In the interview she talks about "the girl next door having things going too"

I think with the song and the video she sees beauty, godliness and mysticism in simple things

- chemtrails being a natural thing but creating conspiracy theories

- all the mysticism behind astrology explaining personality traits

- contemplating god through the chemtrails

- having these nice looking ladies become shewolves at night

k it might not make a lot of sense but I think she's basically praising normality and finding it transcendent

In White Dress, according to the interview, she does seem to be talking about a very regular-normal life filled with a lot of dreams too.. there's sth there idk

16 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Focus on the cheekbones, lips and eyebrow bridge. If you still can't see the difference then never mind.

001.jpg

Dude that photo on the left is old as hell. Are we also forgetting that weight gain can go to your face? Like jeez it's not that deep.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

That was a nice read. I'm not a huge fan of "interviews" where the author is just talking about the artist's life etc, I personally prefer real Question-Answer-Question-Answer articles, but I'm super glad we got this! I loved the subtle information she gave about the tracks. So excited!

Am I the only one who thinks that her nose looks like it's edited in a way different way than any other photographer ever does it? I don't mean to be rude, the vibe this photoshoot is aiming for is very cool but her brother is obviously not there yet. Anyways, back on the nose- i feel like every other photographer makes it look smaller idk

9 hours ago, Trash Magic said:

Not a Kings of Leon mention. I was just listening to Aha Shake Heartbreak last night and was upset how disappointing their new album is shaping up to be.

Such a similar answer to the one she gave in the NY Times interview in Aug 2019. I wonder if White Dress was written around then?

On “The Greatest,” you sing about missing rock ’n’ roll. Do you think rock is dead or dying?

It’s more about the concept of actually just chilling and listening to music for no reason. I was thinking of when I was 19, 20, 21 and had my first real boyfriends in this [expletive] apartment and just listening to Kings of Leon, that song “Milk,” or like White Stripes and the Strokes. We were trying to get into this secret bar they had on the East Side and no one would ever let us in. It was so fun. Maybe I should’ve said indie rock.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/28/arts/music/lana-del-rey-norman-rockwell-album.html

Just when I was talking about The White Stripes and The Strokes yesterday. She has good taste in music. I give her that. 

9 hours ago, electra said:

got the pages ! she looks HOT in the neil photo!!! i’m glad they included it.

Reveal hidden contents

f3YLhUg.jpg

vjYmr9X.jpg

mN5rjhc.jpg

OBXBb8u.jpg

Thanks for scanning the interview. It's the first time in a long time she doesn't sound erratic and crazy. 

The Neil Krug photo is beautiful. 

19 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Sorry what the fuck is portishead

Please say that you at least know who Mazzy Star is. 

3 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Thanks for scanning the interview. It's the first time in a long time she doesn't sound erratic and crazy. 

The Neil Krug photo is beautiful. 

Please say that you at least know who Mazzy Star is. 

Lol ???

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

NFR being about Father John Misty?? What on earth, no. 

I'm happy with what we got in this article though!! Nothing problematic, and I actually feel for her about trying to change the topic from feminism to Space X after being ridiculed for ages by that interviewer. She didn't make up for it, but I can tell she's really afraid of ridicule after all of that, and it's understandable. 

Dark but just a game also sounds like everything I want omg

I don't really understand anything she is on about in the last page. It seems like more explanation that doesn't change anything but it's whatever I guess. If she can move on and it sounds like she wants to.

15 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

i would agree w u a year ago but one day hey blue baby just clicked with me and now i need it in studio quality

exactly. I think the two songs from the coalition were so pure and soft. "the only girl you had eyes for played downtown at the local bar, that was me. she was me!" 

I wonder if any of the four Nikki songs with Lana could be a rework of Hey Baby Blue (blue baby?), and IMBSFBSH. I mean they are country/folk-ish songs after all. 

I would live for a COCC deluxe w Dealer, Thunder, and the coalition songs. and the fact that she was working on a Country cover album AND folk cover album? Maybe the idea of 'American Standards' melded into two genre-albums or vice versa. Either way I'm here for any cover by Lana. A studio 'Heart-Shaped Box,' or 'The End of the World,' or even 'Smile.' I'd love any cover she does. 

Also: I would LOVE to buy this magazine, but the three times I've tried to, the website says my order is unsuccessful, so I'll have to get it from some seller I guess. 

3 hours ago, bel air rose said:

ok but anyone else thinking about how she called video games and ride country songs :bebe:

this just goes to show that when she described this record as being “Country” and everyone here near tore up their stan cards it was unwarranted. I feel like I understand the qualities in those songs that make her view them as being “Country”, but I still wouldn’t call either of those songs “Country” myself.