electra

Lana covers Mojo Magazine ("The Rise and Rise of Lana Del Rey - It's Dangerous On The Edges!")

2 minutes ago, new gods said:

ride definitely has those influences by video games not at all

Video Games verses melodically are very similar to old country. Literally just sing "open up a beer, take it over here, and play a video game" with a  little drawl and you'll hear it 

25 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Video Games verses melodically are very similar to old country. Literally just sing "open up a beer, take it over here, and play a video game" with a  little drawl and you'll hear it 

This.

39 minutes ago, White Dress said:

omg i cant unhear it now:cryney2:

1 hour ago, White Dress said:

I definitely hear it in the demo most

chile.. i overreacted :flop: the "ugly" photos are actually not that bad in the scan and there's some pretty good ones too! it's not the best i've ever seen but it has it's own shine you know

12 hours ago, Mer said:

Low-key got triggered when she called 40 degrees "cold" when I woke up to snow and 28 degree weather in this stupid little coastal town I'm trapped in...

Super excited for the chorus of White Dress though now :trisha:

lmao if its anything below 70 i start to wither

12 hours ago, bel air rose said:

ok but anyone else thinking about how she called video games and ride country songs :bebe:

They do have that Americana vibe though and if the instrumentation was different, I think they’d actually sound very country. It’s like how I used to always get confused when Joni Mitchell referred to For Free as a country song because I was blinded by the piano and strings and flutes, but I then eventually realized without all that it did sound like a country song. I actually feel like lots of Lana’s songs on Born to Die and Paradise are like that, and stripped back a lot of them probably would be quite country, especially with the vocal inflections she uses on those albums.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

3 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

idk where it came from but i found a textless photo on facebook

Reveal hidden contents

Może być zdjęciem w zbliżeniu przedstawiającym 1 osoba

This is just a fan untagged edit ! 

You can see the blurry bits of some parts + this is the actual most untagged version we have, and you can spot cloning on her jacket in the version you posted.

ZhG9nyV.jpg

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Random thoughts in no particular order, after reading the interview again:

1. I think of old-school country (not pop-country) as songs that tell stories, often stories of heartbreak and/or traveling the open rode; LDR does have that same narrative quality in Video Games and Ride. Doesn't mean she's going to sing with a twang or play the harmonica. :giggle:

2. I've been wanting to hear Lana cover anything Portishead forever, but her writing her own songs in that vein is even better! :legend:

3. Trip-hop is literally my favorite genre. So damn sexy. :sluttybunny:

4. I do think Charlie used overly harsh lighting for the cover shot; Lana has delicate features, so I don't love that. But the picture with the face-framing white fur (?) is a serve. It looks like a halo for an angel livin' in the garden of evil.

5. The interview is wonderfully thoughtful and in-depth, plus the A-Z suggestions for appreciating her influences are a bonus!

6. To clarify: no one said NFR is "about" Father John Misty meaning she literally fucked him. :facepalm: The interviewer said the persona of FJM (not the real man, Josh Tillman) is the kind of man that she's gently mocking in the song, the same kind of character he played in her Freak video, a guy in love with himself.  

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

8 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

This is just a fan untagged edit ! 

You can see the blurry bits of some parts + this is the actual most untagged version we have, and you can spot cloning on her jacket in the version you posted.

ZhG9nyV.jpg

oop right i thought someone just used remini on it:derpna:

2 hours ago, BoardingSchool said:

Random thoughts in no particular order, after reading the interview again:

1. I think of old-school country (not pop-country) as songs that tell stories, often stories of heartbreak and/or traveling the open rode; LDR does have that same narrative quality in Video Games and Ride. Doesn't mean she's going to sing with a twang or play the harmonica. :giggle:

2. I've been wanting to hear Lana cover anything Portishead forever, but her writing her own songs in that vein is even better! :legend:

3. Trip-hop is literally my favorite genre. So damn sexy. :sluttybunny:

4. I do think Charlie used overly harsh lighting for the cover shot; Lana has delicate features, so I don't love that. But the picture with the face-framing white fur (?) is a serve. It looks like a halo for an angel livin' in the garden of evil.

5. The interview is wonderfully thoughtful and in-depth, plus the A-Z suggestions for appreciating her influences are a bonus!

6. To clarify: no one said NFR is "about" Father John Misty meaning she literally fucked him. :facepalm: The interviewer said the persona of FJM (not the real man, Josh Tillman) is the kind of man that she's gently mocking in the song, the same kind of character he played in her Freak video, a guy in love with himself.  

You read my mind. I always wanted this and this the first time I heard BTD. imagine Lana taking back the flights of Beth that just wouldn't be real. Make her hear that  message and same for trip-hop, best genre musical.

It's definitely interesting hearing where she's coming from and the complex way she perceives things as an artist, especially during this current phase of not being able to reconcile with past criticism of her authenticity and bad experiences with journalists. It actually made a lot of sense when she said it didn't surprise her that critics loved NFR because there "wasn't anything not to like", which is kind of true. That tells me that she knew some of her earlier albums and the way she portrayed of herself would turn some people off as opposed to NFR which was a phenomenal but also very accessible version of Lana Del Rey. Maybe it bothers her that she can receive acclaim so easily by shying away from telling parts of her story that exist in more of a moral grey area like songs about an abusive relationship. I don't think she would have lashed out at Ann Powers (the only serious critic who had some genuine criticism of the album) or posted QFTC if she had come to some sort of resolution over that. I know a few people personally who have a hard time accepting success or approval once they get it because they still haven't reconciled with how isolated they felt before when they weren't being approved. Kind of a "you like me at my most palatable but can't handle the real me" mindset. It seems Lana is still searching for the balance in that.