americangothic

Lana's diction and incomprehensible lyrics

23 minutes ago, itsTrigonometry said:

backing vocal in Cherry's bridge. :derpna3:

Another lyrical mystery helped solved by live performances!

Can I get a fucking hallelujah?

I've been working on you like I'm back in school

I've been sipping on you like a Coco Cool

I've been sipping on you like a Coco Cool, yeah

Example here at 1:43 - 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

27 minutes ago, Elle said:

OMG, thank you Queen. an absolute legend. 

Me rn:

Spoiler

:fabcat::sluttybunny::fabcat:

:w8ing::sluttybunny::w8ing:

:sluttybunny::sluttybunny::sluttybunny:

:cumming::hype::cumming2:

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Uh I always thought it was 'Coco Cool' instead of 'Coca Cola' :party:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

3 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Uh I always thought it was 'Coco Cool' instead of 'Coca Cola' :party:

Yep! Although it would be very LDR of her to feature Coca Cola in another song, this lyric feature Coco Cool, AKA this disgusting sht:

B1626B-1.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

36 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

In Salvatore, she sings "Ah ah ah ah, Ah ah ah ah, Salvatore" or "Ah ah ah ah, Ah ah ah ah, Cacciatore" or even "Ah ah ah ah, Ah ah ah ah, Calciatore"?

Pretty sure it's 'Cacciatore', it means 'hunter'. 'Calciatore' means footballer/soccer player

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

5 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

it's very commonly believed that she's saying "don't cry honey" but i honestly think she's saying "don't cry bunny" in gramma :bebe: it's "bunny" in the live performance, it's honestly hard to know for sure since we don't have any official lyrics for the aka album

omg i thought i was the only one who heard bunny and all the fan made lyrics say 'hunny' and i get confuseddd

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

As a non-English native speaker with terrible comprehension skills, most of her lyrics are indecipherable for me. :oic2: There's always that one lyric I can't understand but always manage to find some meaning to it even though it's nonsense (either in English or French :toofunny:).

First time I heard Get Free, I thought she was saying "out of the blah, into the moo" :cuckoo: I don't have any explanation for that, it's just what I hear.
In Ultraviolence: "We could go back to Woodstock where I don't know who you are" which I've always interpreted as "She wishes she had never met him" :usrsney:
In COCC: "Me and my sister just pay with Nico" like she sold her cat to pay a debt :wtf2:
I still don't know if she's saying "Chance is in my veins" or "Drug is in my veins" in FIILY. I think it's the latter but... eh? :crossed:

3 hours ago, Elle said:

I can't believe I use to sing it "you get fucking hard for me, sipping on you like a Coca Cola." and I swear at some part I though she said "looking at you like a magazine" or something. But, I was at that concert and I was SO glad to have that mystery finally uncovered so I could stop guessing the lyrics lol. 

1 hour ago, Glimmering Feelings said:

As a non-English native speaker with terrible comprehension skills, most of her lyrics are indecipherable for me. :oic2: There's always that one lyric I can't understand but always manage to find some meaning to it even though it's nonsense (either in English or French :toofunny:).

First time I heard Get Free, I thought she was saying "out of the blah, into the moo" :cuckoo: I don't have any explanation for that, it's just what I hear.
In Ultraviolence: "We could go back to Woodstock where I don't know who you are" which I've always interpreted as "She wishes she had never met him" :usrsney:
In COCC: "Me and my sister just pay with Nico" like she sold her cat to pay a debt :wtf2:
I still don't know if she's saying "Chance is in my veins" or "Drug is in my veins" in FIILY. I think it's the latter but... eh? :crossed:

For FIILY, the most plausible lyric is « Jazz is in my veins ». On the non-single version of the song, which is more jazzy, production is a bit more

minimal and we can decipher the lyric better. 

5 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

A damn shame Lana's too lazy to have her lyrics printed in the album booklets. She only did it with Born to Die. It would be really helpful.

I thought it was money on the side too. lol

I always thought it was;

His Bonnie on the side
Bonnie on the side

And then
His money on the side
Money on the side

I feel the need to point out some BTD lyrics I use to hear and sing incorrectly (and I think others did too.) 

Summertime Sadness: "Sizzling like a snail" always gave me a funny image, but now we know it's "like a snare."

also I only found out like a couple years ago the bridge says "even if you're gone I'm gonna drive (?)" instead of "try." I use to also think it said "rain is better than never" lmao "even if you're gone I'm gonna dry."

Carmen: I use to think it said "buy her tonight, she's still shining." but it's "audio-tune lies (??)"

I know for a fact there's more I use to mishear too, but most of them have been mentioned in this thread. It's good to know we all were confused on some of these together lol, instead of just one.

15 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

For FIILY, the most plausible lyric is « Jazz is in my veins ». On the non-single version of the song, which is more jazzy, production is a bit more

minimal and we can decipher the lyric better. 

... oh ok, so it's neither chance or drug :stareney2: I'm kinda sad, I thought chance was so cool. 

2 hours ago, Aphrodite said:

In Salvatore, she sings "Ah ah ah ah, Ah ah ah ah, Salvatore" or "Ah ah ah ah, Ah ah ah ah, Cacciatore" or even "Ah ah ah ah, Ah ah ah ah, Calciatore"?

I wanted to ask this one too because if I remember correctly in Milan or Rome when she sang it live she seemed to be kicking a ball and she clearly said "calciatore" 

Like for example here at 1.05

All the official lyrics say

"Cacciatore" though so we'll never know.. 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

3 hours ago, Aphrodite said:

I hear Cacciatore and that makes the most sense. Cacciatore means "hunter" and salvatore "savior" so it creates a nice contrast...soccer player/savior on the other hand :bebe:

Capture.jpg