americangothic

Lana's diction and incomprehensible lyrics

My type of thread yay

55 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

I wanted to ask this one too because if I remember correctly in Milan or Rome when she sang it live she seemed to be kicking a ball and she clearly said "calciatore" 

Like for example here at 1.05

All the official lyrics say

"Cacciatore" though so we'll never know.. 

3 hours ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Pretty sure it's 'Cacciatore', it means 'hunter'. 'Calciatore' means footballer/soccer player

3 hours ago, Aphrodite said:

In Salvatore, she sings "Ah ah ah ah, Ah ah ah ah, Salvatore" or "Ah ah ah ah, Ah ah ah ah, Cacciatore" or even "Ah ah ah ah, Ah ah ah ah, Calciatore"?

2 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

I hear Cacciatore and that makes the most sense. Cacciatore means "hunter" and salvatore "savior" so it creates a nice contrast...soccer player/savior on the other hand :bebe:

I used to talk to Lana in DMs and she confirmed the lyrics for me. It's calciatore:

The official lyrics for Fuck It I Love You are:

"Jazz is in my veins, running out of time"

8 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

My type of thread yay

I used to talk to Lana in DMs and she confirmed the lyrics for me. It's calciatore:

The official lyrics for Fuck It I Love You are:

"Jazz is in my veins, running out of time"

Oh thanks :party:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

i'm kinda glad it's calciatore and not cacciatore because i would always think of chicken cacciatore.... :oprah:

i also always heard the bridge as:

and so i's (i was) wondering nothing waiting for you

all this time i adore you can't you see i meant for me

and so i saaa did have been cold without you

i was so long not to tell a metejine tangerine dreams

which is.... so far from the actual lyrics :bebe: i would just sing the sounds and not know what i was actually saying... embarassing

sUcVobB.png

So, we can conclude that in 'Salvatore' the word is 'Calciatore', right? Thanks @Eclipse <3

Oh, how I wish we could have the chance to ask Lana what are the official lyrics to some of her songs. It irks me when in meet & greets fans waste the opportunity to ask her the real questions. 'Lana, what the fuck are you saying in the bridge of Cherry?', for instance. 

I truly WISH she released a book of her lyrics (something like Florence's 'Useless Magic') — it's not like she's the one who's going to write them from scratch, she just has to proofread them and detect the mistakes and ask someone to edit them and call it a day. Smh.

5 minutes ago, americangothic said:

It irks me when in meet & greets fans waste the opportunity to ask her the real questions. 'Lana, what the fuck are you saying in the bridge of Cherry?', for instance. 

Kinda like how fans post on her Instagram or Twitter feed saying “love you” all the time. Damn people can’t ya’ll come up with sumn else? Sumn eye catching like “eh you’re alright I suppose” :ma:

10 hours ago, conceptart47 said:

And a bonus, my preference for West Coast is “he’s crazy y cubano como yo my love” even though I’m pretty sure it’s “la la” which sounds like sis couldn’t come up with two extra syllables :nono:

In the studio acapella of West Coast it's clearly "la la" and I hate it. I just keep singing "my love" and pretend I don't know better

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

For the longest time I thought “te deseo cariño” in West Coast was “they ain’t seen Yo Gotti” :air:

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

5 hours ago, Elle said:

Yep! Although it would be very LDR of her to feature Coca Cola in another song, this lyric feature Coco Cool, AKA this disgusting sht:

B1626B-1.jpg

COCO COOL???? I'm SURE that in other performances she has said Coca Cola :deadbanana:

8nl2OpX.png

I always found funny how universally everyone thought it was "Pabst Blue Ribbon on Ice" in MTWBT, thank God that she singed  "We're ribbons on knots" live in 2017, it makes way more sense in the context of the song.

8nl2OpX.png

3 hours ago, colacoven said:

I feel the need to point out some BTD lyrics I use to hear and sing incorrectly (and I think others did too.) 

Summertime Sadness: "Sizzling like a snail" always gave me a funny image, but now we know it's "like a snare."

also I only found out like a couple years ago the bridge says "even if you're gone I'm gonna drive (?)" instead of "try." I use to also think it said "rain is better than never" lmao "even if you're gone I'm gonna dry."

Carmen: I use to think it said "buy her tonight, she's still shining." but it's "audio-tune lies (??)"

I know for a fact there's more I use to mishear too, but most of them have been mentioned in this thread. It's good to know we all were confused on some of these together lol, instead of just one.

That carmen lyric would honestly make sense because its a song about a prostitute 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

18 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

I always found funny how universally everyone thought it was "Pabst Blue Ribbon on Ice" in MTWBT, thank God that she singed  "We're ribbons on knots" live in 2017, it makes way more sense in the context of the song.

With my ribbons in knots :crying5: She changes a lot of the lyrics for that live.

21 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

With my ribbons in knots :crying5: She changes a lot of the lyrics for that live.

I'm still going to fool myself and still believe it's "We're ribbons on knots" to represent false commitment, she's such a player I love MTWBT with all my heart :icant:

8nl2OpX.png

Just now, TheBoss said:

I'm still going to fool myself and still believe it's "We're ribbons on knots" to represent false commitment, she's such a player I love MTWBT with all my heart :icant:

The lyrics are "with ribbons in knots" for the studio version and she adds 'my' live and makes it "with my ribbons in knots".

The lyrics goes "so i do what you want with ribbons in knots", her hands are tied up (she gestures live) and she does whatever this guy wants.

:hair:

1 hour ago, Serene Queen said:

For the longest time I thought “te deseo cariño” in West Coast was “they ain’t seen Yo Gotti” :air:

I never noticed that before but now I listened to it I hear it as well and im probably going to every time I hear the song now :crai: