americangothic

Lana's diction and incomprehensible lyrics

28 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

The lyrics are "with ribbons in knots" for the studio version and she adds 'my' live and makes it "with my ribbons in knots".

The lyrics goes "so i do what you want with ribbons in knots", her hands are tied up (she gestures live) and she does whatever this guy wants.

:hair:

So the lyrics in 'Music to Watch Boys to' was NEVER "blue ribbons on ice"?!? I'm shocked.

Also, what do y'all think about the line:

"Playing their guitars, only one of my toys"

being

"I play 'em like guitars, only one of my toys".

I remember buying a 'Honeymoon' songbook and it was written that way but idk.

west coast was the worst for me like I never detected the Spanish parts and never looked up the lyrics for ages & even the entire pre-chorus was just incomprehensible for me ?? I still don’t hear “you’re pushing hard, I pull away” like there is not enough syllables I swear. I don’t know what I ever heard it as but when I searched the lyrics I was shook

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

in "dangerous girl" i always thought she was saying "baby i'm a forlorn on fire" instead of "baby i'm a four alarm fire" and i honestly still wish she was saying "forlorn on fire" :toofunny: i also thought the "goin' nero nero" part was actually saying "goin' near 'em, near 'em" :deadbanana:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Idk if this was pointed out already but what the fuck does she say in Bel Air towards the end? 
grenadine, sunshine, can you fade inside of mine??? Can you break this heart of mine???

these are the two options I usually find but neither convince me that much 

5 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Idk if this was pointed out already but what the fuck does she say in Bel Air towards the end? 
grenadine, sunshine, can you fade inside of mine??? Can you break this heart of mine???

I think the consensus is “can you break this heart of mine” 

This isn’t really an incomprehensible lyric but the “it’s not simple, it’s trigonometry” line in The Blackest Day irritates me :scoff:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

6 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

i think she's saying "can you break this heart of mine"

"can you fade inside of mine" doesn't really make sense

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

It doesn’t really make much sense tho. I definitely don’t hear a “br” sound, it sounds more like “can you fade this heart of mine” but wtf is it supposed to mean 

The whole song is pretty ambiguous anyway so I guess it’s acceptable 

oh speaking of honeymoon lyrics, I would always hear her say "all the lights in my attic begin to gleam" in salvatore. I'd hear "a little body never hurt no one" in art deco. and at the end of 24 I always heard "you're hard to reach... you caught the touch." lmao why. 

this is so embarrassing, but in west coast before I knew she said "parliament's on fire" I always heard "his bottom is on fire (??)" even though I knew it could never be that. and another from UV, I used to think I was crazy hearing the "lay me down tonight..." line in both, title track and FMWUTTT, but it IS in there. I just think the lyrics are a bit altered. we love a queen of recycling.

OH and in bel air I thought the line was "in your face, on your mind" instead of "can you break/fade this heart of mine" but I was way off...

Also I always used to sing “but hollywood legends will never grow old and all of what’s hidden it will never grow cold” until like 2 years ago when I realized it’s “and though our love was hidden” which is much more beautiful imo

1 hour ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

in "dangerous girl" i always thought she was saying "baby i'm a forlorn on fire" instead of "baby i'm a four alarm fire" and i honestly still wish she was saying "forlorn on fire" :toofunny: i also thought the "goin' nero nero" part was actually saying "goin' near 'em, near 'em" :deadbanana:

ME TOO I thought the same, and that would be so better. honestly I think the unreleased are even harder to decipher what she's saying. so we just make something up. :what:

28 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

This isn’t really an incomprehensible lyric but the “it’s not simple, it’s trigonometry” line in The Blackest Day irritates me :scoff:

i always hear it as "it's not simple, it's trippin on a tree"... which doesn't make sense but i kinda prefer it :thumb: i also always hear "i can't feel nothing" as "i can't feel my feet"

sUcVobB.png

i think methamphetamines has baffled the fandom for years, this is what i think she's saying:

"methamphetamine, pink flamingo

blue fifty's queen, blue oyster cove

for then a dream, why don't we go

(i also think she could be saying "for the big dream")

to coney island?

one diamond, the gala's on

the record spins blue fifty's song

the veranda, looks ocean on

the neon palm sway

what's happening? where did we go?

the jersey shore was long ago

as with our hopes and ocean grove

and so i bid you farewell"

On Art Deco outro she says “a little party never hurt no one” but sometimes the “party” sounds like “powder” 

On Swan Song she says “say good night, say goodnight to the life and the world you knew” but it sounds like “take a knife, say goodnight” 

I choose to believe those are intentional :blush3:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

56 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

It doesn’t really make much sense tho. I definitely don’t hear a “br” sound, it sounds more like “can you fade this heart of mine” but wtf is it supposed to mean 

The whole song is pretty ambiguous anyway so I guess it’s acceptable 

I hear the R sound but it sounds like it begins with an F, sounds like "fray"

guys PLEASE

in the "serial killer" chorus , do yall know what she says in the "ah ah ah ah sweet serial killeeer " backing vocals ? 

"Ah Ah Ah Ah AAAH (?it's not about to happen?) sweet serial killer Ah (?i think you you know her?) do it for the thrill of it all love u just a little too much much.." 

1 minute ago, imenos said:

guys PLEASE

in the "serial killer" chorus , do yall know what she says in the "ah ah ah ah sweet serial killeeer " backing vocals ? 

"Ah Ah Ah Ah AAAH (?it's not about to happen?) sweet serial killer Ah (?i think you you know her?) do it for the thrill of it all love u just a little too much much.." 

(You send me right to heaven) and (I guess I’ll see him over) right?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat