americangothic

Lana's diction and incomprehensible lyrics

1 minute ago, WhiteHydrangea said:

No fucking way

It's actually the former. There is no way she says "and though our love".

7 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure since she didn’t release the lyrics officially. But if you listen closely or if you slow down the audio I think it’s pretty clear that she sings “and though our love was hidden”

It also makes sense since she changes the lyrics to “and though I kept my love hidden” in live performances

Ok I don't if this belongs here, but for the longest time, since 2012 to 2016/17, everytime Heavy Hitter would pop up on my Youtube recommendations I would never clicked on it, because I always misread the title as Heavy HITLER :toofloppy:

I was always like "Ugh, that is so distateful of you Lana. Why would you made a song named after Hitler? :smh: Thank G*d it's unreleased". When I finally realized my mistake and gave it a listen I couldn't believe I had deprived myself of such a BOP for such a long time :toofunny::grinds: I played it on repeat for weeks after that haha :hooker:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

4 hours ago, WhiteHydrangea said:

Ok I don't if this belongs here, but for the longest time, since 2012 to 2016/17, everytime Heavy Hitter would pop up on my Youtube recommendations I would never clicked on it, because I always misread the title as Heavy HITLER :toofloppy:

I was always like "Ugh, that is so distateful of you Lana. Why would you made a song named after Hitler? :smh: Thank G*d it's unreleased". When I finally realized my mistake and gave it a listen I couldn't believe I had deprived myself of such a BOP for such a long time :toofunny::grinds: I played it on repeat for weeks after that haha :hooker:

Lmaooo :lmao: imagine if it was named like that, Twitter would've gone crazy last year

On 2/19/2021 at 10:59 AM, katebusho said:

in the post-chorus of west coast i thought she was saying "like a shark on top" and in sequence "keep going" 

but it's actually "mic-check, one two" (like a shark on top)

and "get it girl" (keep going) 

:noparty:

sorry to quote an old post but i thought she was saying 'like a tropic one two' and then 'death row' :bebe:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

13 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

You can hear it clearly here at :50 :)

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

On 2/15/2021 at 5:17 PM, 5adboy said:

...The way she sings “and you lean on your sycamore tree” at the end of Cherry Blossom:toofunny: Always thought it was:

”I push you high, Angelina on your sycamore tree” LOL

Serve

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

On 2/15/2021 at 6:28 AM, Surf Noir said:

it's very commonly believed that she's saying "don't cry honey" but i honestly think she's saying "don't cry bunny" in gramma :bebe: it's "bunny" in the live performance, it's honestly hard to know for sure since we don't have any official lyrics for the aka album

I thought it was Bunny and her post about her grandparents calling her Bunny earlier this year led me to believe it’s true

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

12 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

time after time writing my lines, having my baby there next to me, it’s so sweet pouring you a drink, and pretending that nothing means anything 

she means the background vocal those lyrics r obvious

No matter how many times I read the lyrics and follow along, I'm just never gonna know what the fuck she's saying in the In My Feelings bridge and that's okay :really:

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

time after time writing my lines, having my baby there next to me, it’s so sweet pouring you a drink, and pretending that nothing means anything 

I was talking about the background vocals

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

reading this thread has actually made me frustrated because her enunciation is actually horrendous and i thought all these years it was just me who didn't know half the words to Bel Air/Florida Kilos/Trash Magic/Groupie Love... and she doesn't do full lyric books anymore so I'm just like what the hell. i came here looking for answers and left confused about more lyrics i thought i already knew :air:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

I kinda quickly checked the last pages so sorry if this has been discussed already but what is she saying in the second verse of Salvatore? I know the line is supposed to be "like a boss you sang jazz and blues" (I guess) but the "you sang" part sounds so weird. It almost sound like she says "who sang" or "whose'" wich doesn't make sense. 

This has been driving me crazy since 2015 cause she never did the second verse live (I think) and I still can't hear any reasonable line there. There's this weird [huː] sound right after "boss" that throws me off every time. There's also like an "n" sound so I also hear sometimes "Like a boss whose name".

I'm desperate :bebe:

giphy.gif