americangothic

Lana's diction and incomprehensible lyrics

3 hours ago, avenue said:

cuh wen y cawl m11

jushlyusahsonyakjbsiohbasdjkhbflas

That song is 99% incomprehensible, but it's a bop so I'm okay with it :bop:

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

what is she saying in the california (demo) snippet 2?
here is what i could hear:

Reveal hidden contents

even on horizons but never quite reaching them

even on horizons but never clouds reaching them

she’s saying “gazing at horizons, but never quite reaching them”

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

@111 do you know what all she says at the end of TJF? Like during the layered spoken part?? “If you don’t pray you’ll never learn” “you know I’m a saint (?)” “I’m like leaving him(?)”

I feel like there’s a lot of hidden lyrics at the end 

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

@111 do you know what all she says at the end of TJF? Like during the layered spoken part?? “If you don’t pray you’ll never learn” “you know I’m a saint (?)” “I’m like leaving him(?)”

I feel like there’s a lot of hidden lyrics at the end 

I always thought she was saying, “if you don’t pray, you’ll never learn—you know what I’m sayin’?”

I have no idea about the rest. It almost sounds like, “I like leaving you here,” but not exactly. I’d love to get confirmation on the rest lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

I doubt she sings "with ribbons in knots" on MTWBT, maybe on knots(?) but she doesn't sing "in"

I think it might be "where ribbons are knots"?? I'm not fully sure though, but I do know that it's definitely something about ribbons and knots lol

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I think it might be "where ribbons are knots"?? I'm not fully sure though, but I do know that it's definitely something about ribbons and knots lol

I can't believe we don't know the lyrics to part of the chorus after 7 years :rip:

8 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

I doubt she sings "with ribbons in knots" on MTWBT, maybe on knots(?) but she doesn't sing "in"

I'm screaming because it's one of my favorite songs ever and I always thought she was saying "blue ribbons on ice" like referencing "pabst blue ribbon on ice" line of this is what makes us girls

but since I'm no native english speaker I'm probably so wrong :deadbanana: I'm kinda upset now lmao

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I'm screaming because it's one of my favorite songs ever and I always thought she was saying "blue ribbons on ice" like referencing "pabst blue ribbon on ice" line of this is what makes us girls

but since I'm no native english speaker I'm probably so wrong :deadbanana: I'm kinda upset now lmao

I did too until today reading this thread but the lyrics @111 posted can't be quite right after just listening back to the intro so now I'm confused :poordat:

Just now, Chemtrail said:

I did too until today reading this thread but the lyrics @111 posted can't be quite right after just listening back to the intro so now I'm just confused :poordat:

whew I'm glad I'm not alone and you're from england! in this case I will just keep pretending it's "blue ribbons on ice" it makes so much more sense :deadbanana:

drinking blue ribbon with the girls while they're watching the boys

her and her bestie from this is what makes us girls 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

23 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

This. Not a native speaker, but there’s no way she says “in” on the album version. I hear “with ribbons our knots” which doesn’t make much sense I think :toofloppy: