icecreamqueen

The Problem with Sia

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Can't Sia pop out her own child? 

With that being said, I never liked Sia's voice/songs. Too grating. 

Sia can't have children no that's why she adopted 2 sons. 

Also no one really cares about your opinion on her music. 

5 minutes ago, Sis said:

Yes, canceled!

Btw, one of the girlies in this thread is a massive Sia stan irl. Y'all got her triggeredT. :lmao:

:willcut:

i understand that sia has fans and this thread isn't to insult them or accuse sia of illegal or immoral activity, but to shed light on what i believe to be a dynamic that seems somewhat unhealthy. as has been said in the thread, children can absolutely be close with adults that aren't their parents and there's nothing wrong with that.

what concerns me is the influence sia seems to have over her career, such as discouraging her from accepting movie roles but having her play a role in her own film that she was uncomfortable with.

2 hours ago, alienprincess said:

Have you guys heard about the restrain scenes? Yikes

didn’t she say there was gonna be a disclaimer for that but someone who watched it said there wasn’t? i’m confused why she isn’t doing more damage control tbh

3 minutes ago, partymonster said:

didn’t she say there was gonna be a disclaimer for that but someone who watched it said there wasn’t? i’m confused why she isn’t doing more damage control tbh

yeah its pretty questionable that she said she researched the subject matter for 4 years but didn't find anything about how prone restraint has literally killed people :facepalm:

On 2/27/2021 at 11:16 AM, jvcx said:

I've never really understood how her music got so much praise but I always found her artistic image and visuals pretentious to say the least. Also I've never thought much of her relationship with Maddie but the cuddling and other things you mentioned do make me uncomfortable. From what I've read it seems like there could be some kind of power relationship between the two. 

Also the film definitely deserves all the negative backlash.

She’s got a few bops but I don’t see her to be anything groundbreaking. I find her relationship with Maddie really off.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Unpopular opinion but I love her work with Zero 7 and detest most of her solo work. 

As for her relationship with Maddie: some of it makes me feel uncomfortable but I accept that only they know what their relationship is. Maddie seems to have a good relationship with her biological mother and I tend to think that she wouldn't allow contact if she thought there was anything sketchy going on. 

No comment on the movie. Idk much about it. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

On 2/27/2021 at 8:11 PM, evalionisameme said:

I think it’s really cruel to insinuate that sia had a grooming esque relationship with maddie. Otherwise agreed, but think before you post-people’s lives can be detrimentally destroyed with accusations if picked up by Kpop Twitter.

even if their relationship isn't sexual, maddie is 18 and sia is 46 and they met when sia was 40 and she was ELEVEN cause sia explicitly asked for her to be on a video. sia has called her "her muse" and stuff like that. 

like if sia was a man she would never get away with this behavior without being called a creep.

now i don't think sia is a pedophile nor do i think there's something sexual going on, but it's still a very unbalanced power dynamic and the attachment sia has to somebody who's 1) not related to her 2) 30 years younger than her is just weird and there's no other way to put it 

edit: it pains me to say this cause up until some years ago i thought sia was a very interesting musician with a powerful voice and a sweet being, but with all the stuff that has come out and what she said it's like a 180. ALSO lets bear in mind that sia's excuse for covering herself up is cause she dreads fame, yet she put an eleven year old on the spotlight for MILLIONS of people to see. what? 

I've followed Sia ever since Chandelier came out, and her previous three albums Colour the Small OneSome People Have Real Problems and We Are Born are of my all-time favourites and have been really special to me. That's why it didn't feel right to learn all the negative reviews about the Music era, so here's what I think.

1) I heard bad reviews from the autist people representation in the film so I kept myself from watching it. Usually I do that, when I know there are negative reviews about anything I usually don't watch/listen to it. And, of course, I feel some resentment towards Sia because of how important her music has been to me in some stages in my life, so my mind couldn't conceive at first that an artist so important in my life could have had this move. Maybe later I'll watch the film just to be able to elaborate more on my comment/opinion on the situation.

2) I've liked most of the album and I think I'll be listening to it every now and then. Particularly the midtempo tracks feel really good, and they seem to mark a good direction in her musical career.

Regarding her relationship with Maddie Ziegler, I'm not really updated with it, so I won't comment.

P.S. Toad is so cute but his covers always make me wonder how the vocal cords of the people who make these videos are actually doing :eek3:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

52 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

P.S. Toad is so cute but his covers always make me wonder how the vocal cords of the people who make these videos are actually doing :eek3:

finally someone appreciates the toad video