Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Finally got my LFL and COCC vinyls on the mail today, i'm so happy.

RN i'm listening to LFL (WTWWAW) and it sounds SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER than the cd, the sound it's crystal clear and I got a lot of details that we don't get on cd.

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Do you guys think there are (unreleased) songs that Lana leaked herself?

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

18 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

Interesting question, I wouldn't be surprised if she did leak something herself, but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't.

So basically, I don't know. :xgiggle:

27 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

wasnt she leaking her own songs on myspace years ago? also the only thing that she mightve leaked more recently is the honeymoon music video (not an unreleased song but yeah)

2 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

wasnt she leaking her own songs on myspace years ago? also the only thing that she mightve leaked more recently is the honeymoon music video (not an unreleased song but yeah)

I thought she was only posting the songs on myspace since many poeple used to do that back in the day. And I did not know that about the Honeymoon video, interesting!

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Anyone that knows me knows every fibre in my body is OBSESSED with the concept of Grimes making Visions (I literally am planning to attempt to pull it off next week, but in a lighter way so I don't go insane haha, I just wanna WORK) so I was reading YET AGAIN this NME article but this time I was unpleasantly surprised to see an article about Lana and Marilyn Manson controversy at the end of it, complete with a screenshot: https://www.nme.com/news/music/grimes-reflects-2012-album-visions-locked-away-insane-2648992 (for anyone that hasn't read it yet)

I mean it's a 2014 article but it's always unpleasant to read :crossed: I was just coming here for some Hildegarde Von Bingen inspo

ZKcaooE.png

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Im bored of this guessing- let’s do the 50th round of album rankings:

1:UV 

2. Honeymoon 

3.Aka

4. Born to Die/Paradise edition 

5. Sirens 

6.NFR 

7. Chemtrails 

1. lana del ray a.k.a lizzy grant

2. honeymoon

3. sirens

4. paradise

5. chemtrails over the country club

6. ultraviolence

7. norman fucking rockwell

8. born to die

9. lust for life

i don't really know how to rank them because i think they're all wonderful (besides lfl, still not my favorite :hooker:) so i did the best i could

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

1. lana del ray a.k.a lizzy grant

2. honeymoon

3. sirens

4. paradise

5. chemtrails over the country club

6. ultraviolence

7. norman fucking rockwell

8. born to die

9. lust for life

i don't really know how to rank them because i think they're all wonderful (besides lfl, still not my favorite :hooker:) so i did the best i could

Opsie need to add it in 

I’m been listening to my random Lana playlist, these days, in-between Chemtrails. 
Wether you like Jack or not, want him involved on the next record or not, there’s one thing that stands out with both albums they did together: her voice never sounded so clear or upfront than with him. I love the dreamy or weird reverb or muffled sounds of hers in the other records, but on both Norman and Chemtrails, her voice is the centrefold of the songs. 

30 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m been listening to my random Lana playlist, these days, in-between Chemtrails. 
Wether you like Jack or not, want him involved on the next record or not, there’s one thing that stands out with both albums they did together: her voice never sounded so clear or upfront than with him. I love the dreamy or weird reverb or muffled sounds of hers in the other records, but on both Norman and Chemtrails, her voice is the centrefold of the songs. 

I don't really like her voice on those records. I enjoyed a little more in COCC, but they don't do much for me

31 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I don't really like her voice on those records. I enjoyed a little more in COCC, but they don't do much for me

Definitely it’s clearer than Honeymoon and UV sure because of the reverb used but her vocals had more variation in UV and her actual voice itself was a clearer tone not the mic as in CoCC and NFR- Her best usage of voice was in BTD/Paradise for me and now she tends to mumble a lot with diction.

whatttt.. literally for me and a lot of people Ive seen It made Norman an instant success and favorite, especially the opening of mariners and the first lines of the greatest...thats one of the best things about her music, her voice is so beautiful I can listen to it all day long 

2 minutes ago, Safiresyrup said:

whatttt.. literally for me and a lot of people Ive seen It made Norman an instant success and favorite, especially the opening of mariners and the first lines of the greatest...thats one of the best things about her music, her voice is so beautiful I can listen to it all day long 

MAC, Venice and TG are the only songs where her voice doesn't sound dry and loud