Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Definitely it’s clearer than Honeymoon and UV sure because of the reverb used but her vocals had more variation in UV and her actual voice itself was a clearer tone not the mic as in CoCC and NFR- Her best usage of voice was in BTD/Paradise for me and now she tends to mumble a lot with diction.

Screenshot-20210414-211341.png

Clearer doesn't necessarily mean better imo. I think the mic choice on Honeymoon suited the mood of the album and made it more cohesive.

Many things look great on paper, but do not work in reality. The relationship between the artist and the producer is as complicated as any other relationship. There's a reason why Jack Antonoff is so popular, especially among female artists, and it's not because of his looks or because he's the greatest producer in the game. Sometimes a ''decent'' producer, someone who's sensible and emotionally intelligent, is the best option. 

Jack also has great musical instincts and he's capable of doing simple tasks that so many other producers often fail at. Lana has never sounded better (so beautiful and elegant) than when with Jack Antonoff. Sometimes the most expensive, flashy production can sound very cheap. And sometimes the less is more approach can work wonders. And that's where Jack's great musical instincts come into play. He understood and produced Lana Del Rey better than any other producer, and he helped her craft an album that made noise outside of her cult fan base and brought her plenty of new fans. That's not a small thing. 

There's a reason why people with bad taste in music hate Jack Antonoff. He doesn't abuse reverb. He doesn't drain all the emotion and life out of Lana's  voice. He doesn't make Lana sound sound cheap and distant with the caked-on production. He doesn't use terrible drum loops and shitty, melodramatic strings and synths. And I could go on and on. 

I don't want Lana to work with him forever, but if the choice is between Jack Antonoff and Rick Nowells (or or some other old Lana producer), it's Jack Antonoff all the way and it's not even close. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Many things look great on paper, but do not work in reality. The relationship between the artist and the producer is as complicated as any other relationship. There's a reason why Jack Antonoff is so popular, especially among female artists, and it's not because of his looks or because he's the greatest producer in the game. Sometimes a ''decent'' producer, someone who's sensible and emotionally intelligent, is the best option. 

Jack also has great musical instincts and he's capable of doing simple tasks that so many other producers often fail at. Lana has never sounded better (so beautiful and elegant) than when with Jack Antonoff. Sometimes the most expensive, flashy production can sound very cheap. And sometimes the less is more approach can work wonders. And that's where Jack's great musical instincts come into play. He understood and produced Lana Del Rey better than any other producer, and he helped her craft an album that made noise outside of her cult fan base and brought her plenty of new fans. That's not a small thing. 

There's a reason why people with bad taste in music hate Jack Antonoff. He doesn't abuse reverb. He doesn't drain all the emotion and life out of Lana's  voice. He doesn't make Lana sound sound cheap and distant with the caked-on production. He doesn't use terrible drum loops and shitty, melodramatic strings and synths. And I could go on and on. 

I don't want Lana to work with him forever, but if the choice is between Jack Antonoff and Rick Nowells (or or some other old Lana producer), it's Jack Antonoff all the way and it's not even close. 

So many words full of such little worth. There's an unguarded bridge out there waiting for you ;)

11 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

I don't agree with Jared at all, but I love the effort that he puts in his texts.

My only question is if you're a troll or if you really believe in this?

26 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

baby no one is reading this

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Please can we make a collective effort not to respond to a certain troll on here.

I find it funny that they think they're an intellectual who alone can understand the artistry and complexity of his production. Everyone who disagrees has objectively 'bad taste'. I enjoy Jack's work with her but oh my god the lack of self awareness. :awk:

I'll take 'terrible drum loops' and 'shitty, melodramatic strings and synths' any day over Lana quietly whispering into a microphone while Jack plays the same three chords somewhere in the background on the world's tiniest piano.

No matter how many times you defend him, he's still not going to fuck you. :kiss2:

So... Do we believe in Nikki's or Lana's version of how BUS came to life?

I personally believe in Nikki's. It seems to me that Lana is often lying to make things more interesting. Like how she wishes things should be instead of how it was. Maybe she even believes in her own versions and completely forgets about reality 

2 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

I personally believe in Nikki's. It seems to me that Lana is often lying to make things more interesting. Like how she wishes things should be instead of how it was. Maybe she even believes in her own versions and completely forgets about reality 

Yep :toofunny: nikkis

2 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

What was the difference between their stories? I remembered them to be about the same

2 minutes ago, Disney Slut said:

This just popped up into my recommendations, and i already feel like its going to be a wild ride

35 minutes? It's going to be a ride. I saved to watch later

21 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

they’ve both told the story different ways :toofunny:

"Don’t forget me"

On 4/6/2021 at 5:08 PM, Nobody said:

her nose filler is dissolving

lieVbiu.jpg

i'm always amazed when white ppl/europeans are insecure about their nose asjdjsadl where my parents are from (philippines) people would pay thousands just to have lana's natural nose :toofunny:

sgopYhV.gif

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

they’ve both told the story different ways :toofunny:

19 hours ago, NewportBitch said:

What was the difference between their stories? I remembered them to be about the same

I think it was the same. I was tired last night, ignore this post if I'm wrong. I usually don't make sense when I'm awake, when I'm half asleep it's even worse. Sorry for any inconvenience

If I'm wrong, if I'm right ignore this post