Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

I thought that she was going to post about Derek Chauvin sentence or something in George's Floyd memoir.

Or she's tired of always getting unnecessary hate or she's busy with something else or she doesn't seem the purpose.

I hope that it's the second and the thing that it's keeping her busy is RCS

Hey, people. Can I ask before I do anything stupid? I want to make a thread with all the locations Lana's been photographed for her albums but I don't know where to start it and if it would be useful. After a lot of sweaty research I found the locations and photographs of BtD, UltraViolence, Honeymoon and NFR! and I'd love to share the info especially on NFR!

Part of me wishes she’d take more time between albums and let them breathe a little bit. I honestly wouldn’t mind if she took a Fiona Apple/Lorde/Frank Ocean approach and released every 5 years or something. And I honestly wouldn’t mind if she deleted her social media and just lived her life normally. She always talks about hating fame but then she always provokes unnecessary attention... make it make sense.

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Part of me wishes she’d take more time between albums and let them breathe a little bit. I honestly wouldn’t mind if she took a Fiona Apple/Lorde/Frank Ocean approach and released every 5 years or something. And I honestly wouldn’t mind if she deleted her social media and just lived her life normally. She always talks about hating fame but then she always provokes unnecessary attention... make it make sense.

Careful with what you wish for

forgive me if this is long, but I want backstory with it!!!

So Paolo De Gregorio is an Italian producer who was living in Brooklyn around 2007 when he signed up to be a juror for a songwriting competition, which a young Lizzy Grant was apart of. He thought she had potential and invited her to his studio to record some stuff for free (generous king!) and they ended up recording two songs in the session. One being "Rahab" (which has a separate mix titled "Rahab II") and another, unknown song which he previously described to another user on here back in 2017 as a "4-5 minute blues ballad." He told them back then that he wouldn't feel comfortable sharing the title and if he were to ever share the song he would only sell it to a label. Today he mentioned that the song is actually still on his hard drive, and that he's "not sure what to do with it." He described "Rahab" as being just a simple voice and guitar demo and was aware that it eventually was finished and retitled "For K, Pt. 2". While searching for "For K, Pt. 2" on YouTube, he stumbled upon "Rahab" and was really shocked (and considered asking them to take it down) as he didn't know it had leaked, so I informed him of the infamous stolen laptop. After he found that out he seemed a little bit disinterested in the conversation, so I didn't pry any more for the song we don't have other than a final try at knowing the title, to which he replied that he actually didn't remember.

This is all stuff he revealed to me today. The only previous knowledge of his existence was just his name being attached to "Rahab" and the unheard song. He is like the nicest person ever as he didn't have to share any of this with me yet still did and was willing to converse casually. This is how producers should be treated btw, not scammed :wub:

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

2 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

So Paolo De Gregorio is an Italian producer who was living in Brooklyn around 2007 when he signed up to be a juror for a songwriting competition, which a young Lizzy Grant was apart of. He thought she had potential and invited her to his studio to record some stuff for free (generous king!) and they ended up recording two songs in the session. One being "Rahab" (which has a separate mix titled "Rahab II") and another, unknown song which he previously described to another user on here back in 2017 as a "4-5 minute blues ballad." He told them back then that he wouldn't feel comfortable sharing the title and if he were to ever share the song he would only sell it to a label. Today he mentioned that the song is actually still on his hard drive, and that he's "not sure what to do with it." He described "Rahab" as being just a simple voice and guitar demo and was aware that it eventually was finished and retitled "For K, Pt. 2". While searching for "For K, Pt. 2" on YouTube, he stumbled upon "Rahab" and was really shocked (and considered asking them to take it down) as he didn't know it had leaked, so I informed him of the infamous stolen laptop. After he found that out he seemed a little bit disinterested in the conversation, so I didn't pry any more for the song we don't have other than a final try at knowing the title, to which he replied that he actually didn't remember.

This is all stuff he revealed to me today. The only previous knowledge of his existence was just his name being attached to "Rahab" and the unheard song. He is like the nicest person ever as he didn't have to share any of this with me yet still did and was willing to converse casually. This is how producers should be treated btw, not scammed :wub:

thank you for sharing this with us! :spin: 

WGe8ynS.gif

15 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

hehe someone has a crush... :kiss2:

Im glad he is respecting her work, it looks like he was getting ready to contact lana and ask if she wanted to release the bluesy song. Maybe he was catching up on her work

Found a short story which features Lana in a literary magazine. I think it’s interesting in that it reveals how she is generally perceived outside the fandom.

The Horizontal Calf Scar by Alina Stefanescu

At the academic roundtable on recent pop culture trends, the discussion centered on songstress Lana del Ray. Gretel, the only sandy-blonde of the bunch, held her own. The lyrics suggested a possible fourth wave of feminism, which the token male on the panel found to be highly implausible. Truly unlikely.

I don’t want to like her, Gretel explained to a Sister during coffee hour, but the transgressive part intrigues me. Lana is a new avatar — the sex object gone wrong, the fuckable female who embodies all the maskuline fears about money, rage, moodiness, infidelity, and ulterior motives. I want to extend my research to answer the question of why men enjoy her. Why don’t they feel threatened?

The panel is great, Jenny said, resting a hand on Gretel’s arm. You are doing a great job of representing us.

Gretel shrugged. One could never be sure.

Men like Lana because her position is still dependent on their lust. She is only as popular as she can be sexy.

Jenny was right. Melancholy was the New Naughty. Gretel topped off her coffee and reconsidered the full-fat creamer.

You’re right, Jenny. They own their automaton-gone-awry. She can never become undesirable and still matter. I’m attracted to the sad, plaintive moan of the noir-ish sexpot who knows her expiration date.

It took twenty-four stitches to suture the stab wound on Gretel’s calf. The Lana del Ray acolyte had been arrested after tripping over a wheelchair ramp as he ran towards the parking garage door. He told the police the panel disturbed him — how Gretel represented all that was ugly and awful about female jealousy these days. That girl was just jealous of Lana. Of course there were others whom he found guilty of the same. It bothered him that these women didn’t believe in beauty. How could they get through life without holding anything sacred?

Here’s the link:

https://www.tingemagazine.org/7-stories-about-girl-scars/

14 minutes ago, lili said:

Found a short story which features Lana in a literary magazine. I think it’s interesting in that it reveals how she is generally perceived outside the fandom.

The Horizontal Calf Scar by Alina Stefanescu

At the academic roundtable on recent pop culture trends, the discussion centered on songstress Lana del Ray. Gretel, the only sandy-blonde of the bunch, held her own. The lyrics suggested a possible fourth wave of feminism, which the token male on the panel found to be highly implausible. Truly unlikely.

I don’t want to like her, Gretel explained to a Sister during coffee hour, but the transgressive part intrigues me. Lana is a new avatar — the sex object gone wrong, the fuckable female who embodies all the maskuline fears about money, rage, moodiness, infidelity, and ulterior motives. I want to extend my research to answer the question of why men enjoy her. Why don’t they feel threatened?

The panel is great, Jenny said, resting a hand on Gretel’s arm. You are doing a great job of representing us.

Gretel shrugged. One could never be sure.

Men like Lana because her position is still dependent on their lust. She is only as popular as she can be sexy.

Jenny was right. Melancholy was the New Naughty. Gretel topped off her coffee and reconsidered the full-fat creamer.

You’re right, Jenny. They own their automaton-gone-awry. She can never become undesirable and still matter. I’m attracted to the sad, plaintive moan of the noir-ish sexpot who knows her expiration date.

It took twenty-four stitches to suture the stab wound on Gretel’s calf. The Lana del Ray acolyte had been arrested after tripping over a wheelchair ramp as he ran towards the parking garage door. He told the police the panel disturbed him — how Gretel represented all that was ugly and awful about female jealousy these days. That girl was just jealous of Lana. Of course there were others whom he found guilty of the same. It bothered him that these women didn’t believe in beauty. How could they get through life without holding anything sacred?

Here’s the link:

https://www.tingemagazine.org/7-stories-about-girl-scars/

it's so weird seeing how people over-analyze her... like... she's just a regular human-being who makes melancholic, "glamorous" music :oprah2: something about this is very... objectifying? describing her as an "avatar" or a "sexpot" :eek:

WGe8ynS.gif

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it's so weird seeing how people over-analyze her... like... she's just a regular human-being who makes melancholic, "glamorous" music :oprah2: something about this is very... objectifying? describing her as an "avatar" or a "sexpot" :eek:

Reminds me of the line "Lolita had been safely solipsised". People really erase Lana of her identity and just project whatever they want based on some weird Tumblr edit of her they saw once in 2012. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

18 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

It is truly unbelievable in that it does the exact same thing it seemingly opposes. Interpreting her whole image through the male gaze, defining her through imagined reactions she supposedly arouses in men, calling her names, implying her sexuality should be threatening to men and despised by women, suggesting that men would blame it on jealousy immediately if a woman were to criticize her... So fucked up.

This is the best video I've seen about this [qtfc]. Actually giving facts, no "tea", no swaying by opinions, just amazing research and a very levelled delivery of it. 

Also the start of the video was very good. I was largely unaware of the criticism lana went through before 2015, as I wasn't following a lot of media output, nor was I on any forum pages. Now hearing the worst of them read out ..the opinions about her that some people felt the need to express are just disgusting and scream misogyny. They weren't thought through at all, it was just plain bashing.

remember when a while back we found all those unknown registrations but then realized they were an interview :bebe: 

but there was one on that list (reaching no choir) that wasn't included in the interview track listing and has a composer listed, anyone know what this is? it's definitely something super obvious but im blanking and it doesn't come up on lanapedia and i don't feel like searching that hard right now

kb4ttUJ.png

sUcVobB.png

21 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

remember when a while back we found all those unknown registrations but then realized they were an interview :bebe: 

but there was one on that list (reaching no choir) that wasn't included in the interview track listing and has a composer listed, anyone know what this is? it's definitely something super obvious but im blanking and it doesn't come up on lanapedia and i don't feel like searching that hard right now

kb4ttUJ.png

It’s boom like that 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me