Random Lana Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

They’re back omggg yess Bushes TYSM :trisha:

ngl i got mad but they're kinda iconic

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

lmfao me listening to DBJAG alone in my room

when you take your headphones off while singing :trisha:

2 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

so simple but so beautifully executed :trisha: in a completely non ironic way i hope lana brings this energy

:wowcry:

Capture.jpg

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

who is this twerp and why is he giving me a heart attack like that :pls:

an icon

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

So I was stalking that BlackoutZone insiders last.fm and he has scrobbled a bunch of tracks from an album where it’s labeled as “Artist 3 - New Album” and some of the acronyms for the songs are TIAL, ITWAM and... CB, which leads me to believe that this is Lana’s album and this song is cherry blossom 

:bebe:

TIAL...Topanga Is Always Lovely :ma:

Capture.jpg

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

So I was stalking that BlackoutZone insiders last.fm and he has scrobbled a bunch of tracks from an album where it’s labeled as “Artist 3 - New Album” and some of the acronyms for the songs are TIAL, ITWAM and... CB, which leads me to believe that this is Lana’s album and this song is cherry blossom 

we lost

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this album is Kacey Musgraves' new one. She's revealed a few track titles already (Cherry Blossom and Star-Crossed being two of them) that match up.

4 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

ok after further snooping, there have been 16 songs scrobbled by this insider under the "artist 3 - new album" tag

ITAWM

CB

SC

TIAL

B

CR

ESTD

A

HS

J

KLU

ST

WDKM

GW

GALV

and blue banisters but its not attached to this exact album

i am probably massively reaching and this probably isnt her album but :bebe: lets hypothesize girlies 

there being no RCS makes me think its not her album but i love to stir up drama :bebe: 

you are so reaching but i love it :bebe::bebe::bebe: CR... CRabs. std psa album incoming

sUcVobB.png

12 minutes ago, May said:

he is the moment, come on now

omg I'm dying, the way he served a wider variety of aesthetics, more locations and a more intense storyline than Lana.... If I don't see this at Grammys-

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

30 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

when you take your headphones off while singing :trisha:

EXACTLY omg so accurate :eartha:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

What have been her influences lately? I don't feel like it's the 50's, 60's and 70's anymore. At least not so much as it used to be.

I kept trying to find Joni Mitchel's influence in COCC, but couldn't really find it. Her vintage aesthetic have been so shallow in those past years, that I really wonder if she's over it, but keep using it because it kinda became her brand

4 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

What have been her influences lately? I don't feel like it's the 50's, 60's and 70's anymore. At least not so much as it used to be.

I kept trying to find Joni Mitchel's influence in COCC, but couldn't really find it. Her vintage aesthetic have been so shallow those past years, that I really wonder if she's over it, but keep using it because it kinda became her brand

Joni's presence was very up front in COCC. ie. white dress, down at the men in music business conference, the style she sings it in is very folk and reminiscent of Joni's vocals and writing. there's also the joni cover on it. she's still very inspired by 60's/ 70's but a different genre. it's more laurel canyon, desert folk kind of stuff. she was also hanging out with joan baez while she made this album  who is another icon and influence from the 60's. i would also argue that some of her influences lately are a bit outlaw country, a lot of people freak out when lana says country but i think of it more along the lines of june carter, patsy cline kind of stuff. 

faSE.gif