Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, cru3lworld said:

Joni's presence was very up front in COCC. ie. white dress, down at the men in music business conference, the style she sings it in is very folk and reminiscent of Joni's vocals and writing. there's also the joni cover on it. she's still very inspired by 60's/ 70's but a different genre. it's more laurel canyon, desert folk kind of stuff. she was also hanging out with joan baez while she made this album  who is another icon and influence from the 60's. i would also argue that some of her influences lately are a bit outlaw country, a lot of people freak out when lana says country but i think of it more along the lines of june carter, patsy cline kind of stuff. 

I never heard anything from June Carter and Patsy Cline (I'm not a country fan). I'm going to check out for this era ❤

Edit: I started to listen and I actually know Patsy's Cline songs. I just didn't knew it was country and who was singing it :ohmy:

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I never heard anything from June Carter and Patsy Cline (I'm not a country fan). I'm going to check out for this era ❤

i love this june carter song (and her look here is SO good, lana come back to blue eyeshadow!), could see lana doing such a great cover:

aOaIzH2.gif

2 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Her vocals are getting worse, there I said it

tenor.giftenor.giftenor.gif

girl no, the VOCAL TREATMENT is getting worse, while on honeymoon she was using fucked up mics to records, now it feels that she recorded on an iphone and just put straight up the intrumentals like a karaoke

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

19 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Her vocals are getting worse, there I said it

tenor.giftenor.giftenor.gif

what are you listening to? whose vocals? lana's sounds better than ever.... did you hear NAWWAL?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

18 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

This is sending me ? 

it just can't get more embarassing than this omfg :icant:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Hoping this album continues the recent trend of Lana having a bomb ass psychedelic song on the album (like Venice Bitch and Tulsa Jesus Freak). Easily two of my favorite songs she’s ever done and the best song off of their respective albums. 

did you just call tulsa jesus freak psychedelic 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

what are you listening to? whose vocals? lana's sounds better than ever.... did you hear NAWWAL?

ok so i agree her vocals are fine but she's said that higher vocal registers are much easier for her and she's started to sing songs in a higher register live so her voice i think is kinda deteriorating like endless summer tour vocals are soo much more consistent than the nfr tour vocals (like how much she relied on backing tracks)

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

36 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

ok so i agree her vocals are fine but she's said that higher vocal registers are much easier for her and she's started to sing songs in a higher register live so her voice i think is kinda deteriorating like endless summer tour vocals are soo much more consistent than the nfr tour vocals (like how much she relied on backing tracks)

but she was actually with health problems in the nfr tour, that's why the tour stopped (it was right before the pandemic starts). In la to the moon tour she delivered very consistent vocals

5 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

but she was actually with health problems in the nfr tour, that's why the tour stopped (it was right before the pandemic starts). In la to the moon tour she delivered very consistent vocals

i saw her on the la to the moon tour and you could barely hear her over the backtrack in most parts, her voice after endless summer was never as good and that’s fine but it’s true

6 minutes ago, Peace said:

i saw her on the la to the moon tour and you could barely hear her over the backtrack in most parts, her voice after endless summer was never as good and that’s fine but it’s true

i saw her on lolla when she was touring this tour, and i watched alot of videos of la to the moon in different cities, when you look in, Spain, Belgium her voice was amazing

7 minutes ago, Peace said:

I saw her in Madrid on her last concert for the la to the moon tour. She sang perfectly and her voice was so confident and strong.

4 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i saw her on lolla when she was touring this tour, and i watched alot of videos of la to the moon in different cities, when you look in, Spain, Belgium her voice was amazing

I saw her in Abu Dhabi for NFR and she sounded perfect.

I hope she tours this album bc this conversation gave me fomo. A small venue tour jointly touring COTCC and BB up and down the west coast would be amazing. I'll literally be a groupie and road trip the entire tour

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

3 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

did you just call tulsa jesus freak psychedelic 

Everyday someone comes on LanaBoards and wax poetic about music genres and it makes absolutely no sense in any way whatsoever :usrsney:

6 minutes ago, Max said:

Everyday someone comes on LanaBoards and wax poetic about music genres and it makes absolutely no sense in any way whatsoever :usrsney:

To be fair, a lot of things don‘t make sense on LB. That‘s why I love it here :ma: