Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

i’m convinced y’all only like aka to seem edgy at this point cause those rankings are.... whew

I really like AKA as an album tho the narrative and the songs are really good

They really used Is This Happiness in a German model show :eartha: :toofunny: The music supervisor has to be a Lana stan, it's so random lmao

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Lana was really unhappy, suffering and struggling in her Lizzy Grant days?

I downloaded tik tok again because I was bored and it showed up a cute clip of the trailer park interview and a lot of people were asking the person who posted to erase it. They kept saying how she was severely depressed at the time, dealing with substance and sexual abuse, poverty, prostitution and abusive relationships. 

I knew it wasn't a sea of roses, but it was really all that bad?

* For me poverty is really being poor. Lana chose to live a simpler life. If things didn't work out, she could always ask for the help of her parents or siblings. 

** I always felt that the trailer park thing was overrated. She also spent time at her boyfriend's house and if I'm not mistaken she also mentioned couch surfing at her friend's house. Living in a trailer during your 20's is not the end of the world. Especially if you choose it

*** Drugs are a sensitive topic, but I don't think she was a crackhead. She was sober and clean enough to babysit. I don't think that a lot of parents would trust their kids to someone that was over the knees with substance abuse. My friends do drugs and they're able to live a happy functional life. A lot of people are too

19 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I downloaded tik tok again because I was bored and it showed up a cute clip of the trailer park interview and a lot of people were asking the person who posted to erase it. They kept saying how she was severely depressed at the time, dealing with substance and sexual abuse, poverty, prostitution and abusive relationships. 

not the tiktok kids again :pls:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

36 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

* For me poverty is really being poor. Lana chose to live a simpler life. If things didn't work out, she could always ask for the help of her parents or siblings. 

** I always felt that the trailer park thing was overrated. She also spent time at her boyfriend's house and if I'm not mistaken she also mentioned couch surfing at her friend's house. Living in a trailer during your 20's is not the end of the world. Especially if you choose it

*** Drugs are a sensitive topic, but I don't think she was a crackhead. She was sober and clean enough to babysit. I don't think that a lot of parents would trust their kids to someone that was over the knees with substance abuse. My friends do drugs and they're able to live a happy functional life. A lot of people are too

it probably wasn't the most glamorous time of her life but saying she was dealing with all of that stuff when there's no clear indication that she was, is pretty naive, living in a trailer park isn't the most ideal situation for most, but acting as if her life was a living hell simply because she was living in a trailer park... it's a bit insensitive :wtf3: obviously what she wanted for herself was different from a lot of people but that was her decision and she obviously was content with that decision

and it's funny how they say that when LANA HERSELF posted a clip from that exact same interview a little bit ago for white dress... :lmao:

WGe8ynS.gif

52 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it probably wasn't the most glamorous time of her life but saying she was dealing with all of that stuff when there's no clear indication that she was, is pretty naive, living in a trailer park isn't the most ideal situation for most, but acting as if her life was a living hell simply because she was living in a trailer park... it's a bit insensitive :wtf3: obviously what she wanted for herself was different from a lot of people but that was her decision and she obviously was content with that decision

and it's funny how they say that when LANA HERSELF posted a clip from that exact same interview a little bit ago for white dress... :lmao:

yeah i find it gross to share stuff like that around without lana herself ever saying that she used to prostitute or experience sexual abuse (if she ever said that please fill me in because i somehow missed it in the past 8 years lol). of course she has written lyrics about drugs and prostitution and rough relationships that probably mean that she has been abused in the past but kids saying all that as a truth :flop: especially that shit about sexual abuse really got under my skin you can't just bring stuff like that up because of an old interview tape someone shared on social media god

6 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Now someone claiming that she was in a gang:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSJDRXWWq/

I really hope that this is a joke and it won't be repeated by anyone else. Some people are already believing that she was sent to rehab at age 14 instead of Kent

well lana herself has described her life and past as very colourful to say the least and i understand that shit like that causes a lot of speculation. add in all the lyrics and themes she has brought up in her music and the mess is ready because her fans are so passionate to know everything. 

Spoiler

what happened in boarding school, does she have a college degree, was she ever in a cult, was she a stripper or a prostitute, all the places she has ever lived, was trailer park just for the aesthetic, has she been instituted because of her mental health, where does her artist name come, all the albums and projects never released, did she ever get really hooked on drugs, was she ever really poor or financially cut off, what has happened with her parents and especially patty, and all the men, who is k and where is he now? affair with a teacher? possible marriage? abusive men? gang affiliations? an od? a death sentence? 

and i think as a fandom we've really had some rough time trying to figure out what exactly is true and how in hell she would've had time to experience even half of that :awkney:  

3 hours ago, lover said:

well lana herself has described her life and past as very colourful to say the least and i understand that shit like that causes a lot of speculation. add in all the lyrics and themes she has brought up in her music and the mess is ready because her fans are so passionate to know everything. 

Hide contents

what happened in boarding school, does she have a college degree, was she ever in a cult, was she a stripper or a prostitute, all the places she has ever lived, was trailer park just for the aesthetic, has she been instituted because of her mental health, where does her artist name come, all the albums and projects never released, did she ever get really hooked on drugs, was she ever really poor or financially cut off, what has happened with her parents and especially patty, and all the men, who is k and where is he now? affair with a teacher? possible marriage? abusive men? gang affiliations? an od? a death sentence? 

and i think as a fandom we've really had some rough time trying to figure out what exactly is true and how in hell she would've had time to experience even half of that :awkney:  

You forgot to add working in a native reservation and with homeless outreach, drugs and alcohol rehabilitation. She's the most omnipresent being that I've heard of

Lana is a Goddess confirmed :pray2:

13 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

She was addicted to meth around that time. You can tell in certain pics, she looks very unhealthy. And she verbatim said she was clean from meth on Facebook in the born to die days. Drugs have been a constant in her life tbh. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

That snippet sounds too clean to be a random unreleased... I think it's something from the album :eek:

It’s interesting but it does sound stitched together from other songs with added piano production so I’m doubtful it’s real.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It’s interesting but it does sound stitched together from other songs with added piano production so I’m doubtful it’s real.

Yes but I think it's the "4 seconds of each random part of the song" type of snippet. I like it but I don't want anything to leak before Lana releases it.

giphy.gif

Please, you have to listen to this instrumental by 13 Beaches with headphones. It is majestic.
This instrument outperforms all Chemtrails.:kiss::kiss: The sounds in 2:00 I never listened yet

DaringAdventurousKob-max-1mb.gif