Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

which shade of blue will the banisters be? :oprah3: i like "carolina blue" :agree: 

Shades of Blue | Blue shades colors, Types of blue colour, Types of blue

oooo ok i feel like COCC is cornflower & carolina and the forthcoming one will be sapphire/prussian/navy ombre 

aOaIzH2.gif

With “The Greatest” what do y’all think Lana meant when she said “I miss doing nothing the most of all?” For me it felt like she was referring to the political climate in the US. Possibly referring to a time where we didn’t have to worry so much because even if there were problems in the world they weren’t so in our face.

With Chemtrails (esp the title track) I feel like she kinda continues this theme. Living a privileged life amidst the chaos in the world and under the chemtrails (which I figured were symbolic of the chaos in the US again).

Idk. I could be reading too much into lyrics but genius sucks at annotations for Lana songs so.

Just now, anwdelrey said:

With “The Greatest” what do y’all think Lana meant when she said “I miss doing nothing the most of all?” For me it felt like she was referring to the political climate in the US. Possibly referring to a time where we didn’t have to worry so much because even if there were problems in the world they weren’t so in our face.

With Chemtrails (esp the title track) I feel like she kinda continues this theme. Living a privileged life amidst the chaos in the world and under the chemtrails (which I figured were symbolic of the chaos in the US again).

i always interpreted that line as before she was famous, although it can definitely be interpreted in many different ways

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

I want to say a few things about the industry plant issue. Lana Del Rey has always struck me as the person Lizzy Grant actually was or wanted to be but simply did not have the platform to express it in a manner she saw fit. Some people also do not seem to have a fixed personality and they instead draw on many other influences to discover who they truly are. What most people project to others on social media is a persona in itself for it requires condensing your personality to what you want others to see. When you're a true artist, you tend to shape your image towards your music which is the innermost expression of your being. It seems to me that she has always been authentic and did not play according to what has been expected of her or else she wouldn't be so controversial - and by controversial I don't mean the kind of controversy that would get you good publicity, I mean the kind that would get you "cancelled" whatever the hell that means. Yes, she changed, and she keeps changing, but it does not mean she is shedding off a persona carefully calculated, she is a human being and is being transformed through her experiences.

5 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

Idk. I could be reading too much into lyrics but genius sucks at annotations for Lana songs so.

It could be. I thought it meant a time when she was happy doing nothing. Nowadays perhaps she can still do nothing but it's not satisfying and entertaining as it used to be. It reminded me of how she explains what Video Games is about- when she was just hanging out with her bf, doing nothing/whatever. Stuff like that, when you miss the little things. Like she can still do the little things now, but it meant everything back then and now she has more to worry about, which could be politics included. 

9 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

It could be. I thought it meant a time when she was happy doing nothing. Nowadays perhaps she can still do nothing but it's not satisfying and entertaining as it used to be. It reminded me of how she explains what Video Games is about- when she was just hanging out with her bf, doing nothing/whatever. Stuff like that, when you miss the little things. Like she can still do the little things now, but it meant everything back then and now she has more to worry about, which could be politics included. 

I agree with this. I remember Kurt Cobain talking in an interview about how he has always had a fascination with dolls, but he did not have the money to buy them and when he could actually afford something to his liking, it was like finding a treasure, and now that he could buy the whole store it doesn't mean as much. I guess once you've found your fame, not only the materialistic stuff it gets you as in Cobain's case, but the little pleasures you were once so fond of may not hold the same importance or effect they used to do. I think this could be why Lana gravitates towards living a simple life and talk about not changing in Dark But Just A Game.

14 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’d absolutely hate another Cocc or NFR , I can’t really call any of the material a memorable or iconic highlight 

Good songs are there but nothing that matches Blue Jeans, Video games or shades of cool for sure 

NFR isn't too bad but COCC... i've even tried getting high while listening and it doesn't make it anymore interesting :toofunny:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

NFR isn't too bad but COCC... i've even tried getting high while listening and it doesn't make it anymore interesting :toofunny:

it's not that kind of album lol 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

22 minutes ago, WildMustang said:

it's not that kind of album lol 

It’s not any kind of album. You can’t dance to it, cry to it, smoke to it, drive around to it...it’s just there

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 minute ago, recklessdaughter said:

Maybe you can’t dance/cry/smoke/drive to it, but that’s a you problem :awk: maybe you’re just boring

well the album did an avalanche down the charts so clearly I’m not the only boring one then :um2::icant:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

18 hours ago, bluelikeyou said:

Just emailed a couple of vinyl/cd plants if they're gonna receive any new or have heard about any new BB shipments or some shit, I'm so bored so hopefully they'll reply and take away my pain :bebe:

update: one replied 

"We appreciate the time you have taken to ask about the new Lana Del Rey album. There is no additional information at the moment." 

sounds about right :oic3:

lights, camera, acción

14 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Maybe you can’t dance/cry/smoke/drive to it, but that’s a you problem :awk: maybe you’re just boring

I was gonna say like….. what?? I love the fucking album and when I listen to it high I simply collapse to it every time. And definitely can dance/walk/drive/stare at scenery to it. But that’s just me and to each their own!

The greatest is probably one of her best new songs on the whole melodically etc but it sounds wrong out of lanas mouth, it should be a soaring ballad by someone like Freddie Mercury or Mariah Carey, her voice just doesn’t fit I feel.

31 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

It’s not any kind of album. You can’t dance to it, cry to it, smoke to it, drive around to it...it’s just there

I have managed to do all of the above many times with great success :sluttybunny:

8 minutes ago, COCC said:

Every time there are no news or interesting topics, the NFR and COCC slander begins :wtf3:

Yes!! i think its the LB way to manifest news i dont know, if they hate so much nfr and cocc why they cannot stop talking about it...

why-are-you-so-obsessed-with-me.gif

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*