Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

tbh i'd rather see her stretch out the chemtrails era rather then forget about it and move on to bb... even paradise had more time to rest, cocc feels more like an ep than a proper album

but i do wanna see what she's preparing to promote for this next record, hopefully the gucci collab is for this next album and we get a photoshoot

the chemtrails era was dead upon arrival

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

lmao i've just been looking through mike deans twitter, he seems so real ,naturally cool and interactive, i already like his vibe way more than jacks, he always seemed a little bit pretentious and obnoxious to me, like can we just appreciate that we have a really cool new producer that lana is working with...

we really did it kids :trisha: finally out of the jack,  into the mikedeanue :makeup2:

jack really thought keeping audio errors on NAWWAL made it "real and honest" nah ah. none of that nonsense. I can't wait for the next album and some lively production

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

so with the news of mike dean stepping in, what does that mean for that country album with ricki lake? :tsk:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Inb4 yall hate this new albums sound and yall want Jack back :oic2:

There's gonna be at least a few HAHAHAAHA

EDIT: WAIT is this the SAME KingJay as ATRL right now?????

Not us both being in the same threads HIIIII BESTIE!

Edited by Distantly

6 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

so with the news of mike dean stepping in, what does that mean for that country album with ricki lake? :tsk:

i think nothing special! if that album is truly happening it's probably being planned around nikki with producers from the country world rather than lana's pop producers 

jack and lana visited sesame street rick and lana visited hell i wnoder where mike dean an dlana are gonna travel together as besties next

Just now, salvatore said:

jack and lana visited sesame street rick and lana visited hell i wnoder where mike dean an dlana are gonna travel together as besties next

i read that typo as "diana" :ohsnap2:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Hydroponic Weeds said:

i read that typo as "diana" :ohsnap2:

listen i'm strung the fuck out waiting for what type of bombshell onika is going to deliver to my timeline of sleeper-agent barbs disguised as regular human people give me a break

52 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Inb4 yall hate this new albums sound and yall want Jack back :oic2:

I can guarantee you that nobody would say that, bestie.

tenor.gif?itemid=11967698

1 minute ago, crazyforme said:

If she does I'm calling 911

no we are not calling the 911s on our queen mother

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, crazyforme said:

If she does I'm calling 911

Ya, let’s call the cops on her. She’ll just sleep with them. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

So I’ve been thinking this for a little while and quite honestly hesitated saying anything until tonight. Negating her previous records’ artistic success is, IMHO, blasphemy because her sonic direction, desires, and delivery (triple DD if you will :ma:) represents who she is - perhaps who she was at the time. I really do believe her intrinsic identity embedded to her records is representative of what she went through, what she thought, what she felt, what she experienced at the time. And dismissing the production because of the simplicity and the instrumental purity of basic, melodic layering simply because the people can’t bop their b(p)ussies to it is, to me, ultimately sad. We seem to forget she has the ultimate say in her releases and, therefore, things sound the way they sound because she wanted it that way. Sure, she might challenge her producer(s) to do something outside of their customs or their conventions. But those projects were ultimately disseminated to the masses...under her direction. And I believe the same will be true of her upcoming albums - but it’s futile to dismiss the legitimacy and the value of her work because you can’t twerk to it. If that’s not your style move on...but I seem to somehow always find a way to relate to it. Perhaps because we’re ~somewhat~ similar in age. But I rest in the fact that her lyricism stays true to herself. I find a lot of calm in this. Excuse my rant...it’s not very often I express my buried thoughts. 

4 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

So I’ve been thinking this for a little while and quite honestly hesitated saying anything until tonight. Negating her previous records’ artistic success is, IMHO, blasphemy because her sonic direction, desires, and delivery (triple DD if you will :ma:) represents who she is - perhaps who she was at the time. I really do believe her intrinsic identity embedded to her records is representative of what she went through, what she thought, what she felt, what she experienced at the time. And dismissing the production because of the simplicity and the instrumental purity of basic, melodic layering simply because the people can’t bop their b(p)ussies to it is, to me, ultimately sad. We seem to forget she has the ultimate say in her releases and, therefore, things sound the way they sound because she wanted it that way. Sure, she might challenge her producer(s) to do something outside of their customs or their conventions. But those projects were ultimately disseminated to the masses...under her direction. And I believe the same will be true of her upcoming albums - but it’s futile to dismiss the legitimacy and the value of her work because you can’t twerk to it. If that’s not your style move on...but I seem to somehow always find a way to relate to it. Perhaps because we’re ~somewhat~ similar in age. But I rest in the fact that her lyricism stays true to herself. I find a lot of calm in this. Excuse my rant...it’s not very often I express my buried thoughts. 

You should express your buried thoughts more often because man, when you do...:wowcry: I completely agree. These records are extensions of her identity. It always feels like a bit of a hit to the soul when they’re dismissed the way they can be, like you said. 

40 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

the way you articulate yourself is beautiful