Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

So I’ve been thinking this for a little while and quite honestly hesitated saying anything until tonight. Negating her previous records’ artistic success is, IMHO, blasphemy because her sonic direction, desires, and delivery (triple DD if you will :ma:) represents who she is - perhaps who she was at the time. I really do believe her intrinsic identity embedded to her records is representative of what she went through, what she thought, what she felt, what she experienced at the time. And dismissing the production because of the simplicity and the instrumental purity of basic, melodic layering simply because the people can’t bop their b(p)ussies to it is, to me, ultimately sad. We seem to forget she has the ultimate say in her releases and, therefore, things sound the way they sound because she wanted it that way. Sure, she might challenge her producer(s) to do something outside of their customs or their conventions. But those projects were ultimately disseminated to the masses...under her direction. And I believe the same will be true of her upcoming albums - but it’s futile to dismiss the legitimacy and the value of her work because you can’t twerk to it. If that’s not your style move on...but I seem to somehow always find a way to relate to it. Perhaps because we’re ~somewhat~ similar in age. But I rest in the fact that her lyricism stays true to herself. I find a lot of calm in this. Excuse my rant...it’s not very often I express my buried thoughts. 

Thats why I follow you :cryney2:

1 hour ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

So I’ve been thinking this for a little while and quite honestly hesitated saying anything until tonight. Negating her previous records’ artistic success is, IMHO, blasphemy because her sonic direction, desires, and delivery (triple DD if you will :ma:) represents who she is - perhaps who she was at the time. I really do believe her intrinsic identity embedded to her records is representative of what she went through, what she thought, what she felt, what she experienced at the time. And dismissing the production because of the simplicity and the instrumental purity of basic, melodic layering simply because the people can’t bop their b(p)ussies to it is, to me, ultimately sad. We seem to forget she has the ultimate say in her releases and, therefore, things sound the way they sound because she wanted it that way. Sure, she might challenge her producer(s) to do something outside of their customs or their conventions. But those projects were ultimately disseminated to the masses...under her direction. And I believe the same will be true of her upcoming albums - but it’s futile to dismiss the legitimacy and the value of her work because you can’t twerk to it. If that’s not your style move on...but I seem to somehow always find a way to relate to it. Perhaps because we’re ~somewhat~ similar in age. But I rest in the fact that her lyricism stays true to herself. I find a lot of calm in this. Excuse my rant...it’s not very often I express my buried thoughts. 

this is amazing, i love how you said this, and you're absolutely right, we shouldn't discredit any of her past work as inauthetic or less significant just because it might be slow, mellow or you can't twerk to it true.gif

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

omg NICKI MINAJ just released and also J Cole who idgaf about because it’s not melodic... but he’s still a major release. A newbie like Olivia Rodriguez can release her music during covid because she’s trying to establish her fame rather than trying to sell concert tickets, but I feel like A-listers are saving their material for the post-covid world because they want fresh material to sell concert tickets. Finally today the CDC said fully vaccinated people can stop wearing their masks, tons of music festivals in the last weeks just announced they are not cancelled and dropped their lineups, and now today Nicki and J Cole dropped. I feel like A-listers have all just been sitting on their music and today is the first day of a FLOOD of blockbuster summer releases. I hope Lana did the same,  like COCC was the cute Covid album for her fans to listen to at home, and BB/RCS is the huge songs to top the charts and play at concerts and festivals. But even if BB/RCS is incredible, Lana is going to have huge competition this summer. I fully trust Lana can deliver, I just hope her management/marketing team is effective, and I hope society can notice and appreciate whatever she puts out.

3 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

i love you stargirl pinky 

6 hours ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

jack really thought keeping audio errors on NAWWAL made it "real and honest" nah ah. none of that nonsense. I can't wait for the next album and some lively production

EXACTLY fuck that man idk how we ever expected anything non-pretentious from a producer who keeps his annoying mumblings in a badly mixed guitar song just to prove he makes hOnEsT music like ???? idc fuck him i hope we’ll never ever ever see or hear from him again :spin:

5 hours ago, Mer said:

I really hope she celebrates the anniversary of QTFC next week with a scandalous post to promote BB. 

i see y’all still didn’t stop treating qftc like it’s a serve and not one of the most embarrassing moments in her career? :scoff:

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

EXACTLY fuck that man idk how we ever expected anything non-pretentious from a producer who keeps his annoying mumblings in a badly mixed guitar song just to prove he makes hOnEsT music like ???? idc fuck him i hope we’ll never ever ever see or hear from him again :spin:

i see y’all still didn’t stop treating qftc like it’s a serve and not one of the most embarrassing moments in her career? :scoff:

historians will look back on it fondly

it's her Fiona Apple "fuck this world" moment, y'all will see one day

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

spilled as always

5 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

And dismissing the production because of the simplicity and the instrumental purity of basic, melodic layering simply because the people can’t bop their b(p)ussies to it is, to me, ultimately sad. 

this narrative is so boring and childish. literally no one listens to lana to "shake their bussies" whatever that even means. like i’m sorry that i simply don’t see any melodic layering, or layering of anything at all on cocc... and constantly shitting on her big productions like btd like she wasn’t the one who wanted those big and heavy productions all while constantly lecturing everyone else about how they have to love her leftover joni mitchell attempts is kinda tired too :hellno:

(and this is not an attack or critic of your post love :wub:, i say this generally cause a lot of people constantly bring up this part of your post so just my 2 cents)

7 hours ago, KingJay said:

Inb4 yall hate this new albums sound and yall want Jack back :oic2:

you just jinxed it :creep: i don't want to be coming back to this comment in few months time

15 hours ago, HyperVelvet said:

OMG so COCC is to BB what Kate Bush's Never For Ever is for The Dreaming

Her best album is coming wbk :hype:

it's the paradise to nfr

18 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

Those Mike Dean fancams send me :hype:

Lol I surely love how we need subtitles to understand him hahaha! But it’s nice to have some sort of really reliable info about that album. 

9 hours ago, KingJay said:

Inb4 yall hate this new albums sound and yall want Jack back :oic2:

you could catch me saying i want another playboy carti collab. you could see me manifest a taylor collab even tho i don’t like her. you could even catch me ask for another nikki lame collab. but you will never, NEVER, catch me wanting jack back. never. ever Tiffany. over my dead body. :nails:

4 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

her leftover joni mitchell attempts

You do realize Lana’s early music was more similar to Joni Mitchell than her more recent music, right? Joni Mitchell made experimental jazz music. Compare Lana’s recent stuff to Joan Baez or Carole King, sure, but Joni Mitchell? :wtfney: Lana’s past few albums have actually been moving further and further away from Joni Mitchell territory. If you’re looking for Lana’s “leftover Joni Mitchell attempts,” AKA and BTD are right there:yesnod:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

1 hour ago, recklessdaughter said:

You do realize Lana’s early music was more similar to Joni Mitchell than her more recent music, right? Joni Mitchell made experimental jazz music. Compare Lana’s recent stuff to Joan Baez or Carole King, sure, but Joni Mitchell? :wtfney: Lana’s past few albums have actually been moving further and further away from Joni Mitchell territory. If you’re looking for Lana’s “leftover Joni Mitchell attempts,” AKA and BTD are right there:yesnod:

sure but that wasn’t my point, you still get what i mean