3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Honeymoon was made by Rick Nowels

thank you

Just now, Be Free said:

He liked this, I'm laughing 

seriously I love this man

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

36 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i just listened to Mike’s latest album and what i really like is him transitioning every song into the next one. i always dreamed of lana making a record where every song perfectly flows into the next one. imagine a whole album with freak/art deco transitions... a dream i’d like to dream :kris:

“leftover Joni Mitchell attempts” teas :oopna:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

39 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

not yall hating on Jack when he literally made the best lana album to date, he deserves respect for making NFR

he also made the worst so... :gasp:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

44 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

not yall hating on Dan Auerbach when he literally made the best Lana album to date, he deserves respect for making Ultraviolence

I couldn't have said it better honestly

13 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Honestly after hearing what Jack did for St. Vincent’s new album, it really makes me believe more than ever that he never was the problem, Lana was. I mean, NFR and Chemtrails are my favourite albums she’s done, but I know it’s not the case for a lot of people here, and always putting the blame on Jack is unfair. If he can produce something like Daddy’s Home, then it’s Lana’s vision that y’all don’t like. And I don’t really think changing producers will do much. Didn’t Mike himself say that BB was gonna be piano and strings? So basically, what you guys have been disliking on NFR and Chemtrails. If artistically, Lana’s been going ways y’all don’t like, don’t put the blame on the producers, they just do what they’re asked to. Rick produced HM which is seen as a masterpiece by many, but he also produced LFL which is often seen as her worst album. It all depends on the vision the artist has. If Lana’s artistic vision didn’t change much from NFR and Chemtrails, y’all won’t like BB, even with Mike as a producer

But didn't Lana herself say that she kept telling Jack to go further and harder with the sound but he kept stripping it down? :eartha2:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

4 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

But didn't Lana himself say that she kept telling Jack to go further and harder with the sound but he kept stripping it down? :eartha2:

I believe Jack is a good producer, but the music he made with Lana, except for a few key tracks, is incredibly dreary and forgettable. Lana was comfortably lazy with him.

7 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

But didn't Lana himself say that she kept telling Jack to go further and harder with the sound but he kept stripping it down? :eartha2:

Maybe because she told him not to go too hard with NFR so he didn’t really know what to do when it came to the final production of Chemtrails since we were in lockdown and they couldn’t see each other IRL? ;-;

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

12 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Lana said she wanted him to go wilder. Jack said she was the one pushing for a simpler sound. So probably it comes from both. We know for sure that Lana is always in full control of her music, so she wanted COCC to be they way it is.

14 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

But didn't Lana herself say that she kept telling Jack to go further and harder with the sound but he kept stripping it down? :eartha2:

I am sure that she meant to go further and harder with stripping the tracks down. I think originally they were more lush, but she wanted it to be more raw. That's what I understood from the interviews. 

Instead of rehashing the same topic of Jack and Lana, let’s focus on something we can all agree on! 

And that’s the reality that if Lana did the same sort of sound every single album, we wouldn’t appreciate the records for what they are as their own. Yes, we would probably still like them and enjoy them, but Lana is a true artist because she can recount her experiences through so many different lenses and make it authentic. 

Born to Die is innovative, lyrically and sonically. Nobody has done it like her on that album. Paradise is a thoughtful and provocative extension of that album and is a soulful piece that only Lana Del Rey could create. 

Ultraviolence is full of fire, it’s raw, aggressive, but still cool and calm and collected. Honeymoon takes that even a step further with its subdued elegance and candid-but-abstract lyricism. Lust for Life is bright-eyed and brilliant in its narrative. Norman is casual and a soundtrack for daily life, it’s a look into Lana more intimately. And Chemtrails takes that to a more existential level as a moody meditation on fame. 

My point is - they’re all different. I love Jack and Lana’s sound but I think if they did three albums together in a row, I would of course love it, but what we love about Lana is how she can step into any genre and still make it her own.

I’m sure that if Lana always made a “2.0” of her records, then people would take an issue with that. I’m also sure that Mike Dean is going to bring something fun and exciting to the table and help her reach whatever artistic vision she has this time around. It’s definitely going to be a change and that’s exciting! The uncertainty in that with room for something grand is exciting. :party:

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

Honeymoon was made by Rick Nowels

honeymoon it's also my fav album but favorite ≠ best, NFR literally got 13 #1's on best album of the year lists, and should've won AOTY :ahh:

For me, it's not that I hate Jack at all. It's quite the opposite, actually. NFR is my all time favorite Lana album. I truly love a lot of the work they've done together. I think I'm just ready for a change of pace and am looking forward to whatever Lana and Mike do together

imageproxy.jpg

37 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Didn’t Mike himself say that BB was gonna be piano and strings? So basically, what you guys have been disliking on NFR and Chemtrails. 

girl you must have different versions of those albums cause there’s like 1 song with minor strings on cocc and you barely hear them and like...2 songs with strings on nfr :stareney2: