Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Now the only thing we can do is wait for the day she decides to update us on the albumย :bebe:

ย 

ย 

๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’‡๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’‚๐’–๐’•๐’Š๐’‡๐’–๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’‰๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’„๐’๐’–๐’†

13 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

girl you must have different versions of those albums cause thereโ€™s like 1ย songย with minor strings on cocc and youย barely hear them andย like...2 songs with strings on nfrย :stareney2:

It wasnโ€™t so much for the strings, which most people enjoy, but for the piano, which seems to annoyย most people here

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

9 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

honeymoon it's also my fav album but favoriteย โ‰  best, NFR literally got 13 #1's on best album of the year lists, and should've won AOTYย :ahh:

yโ€™all finally gotta settle on which one it is, do yโ€™all hate the grammys and critics or do yโ€™all desperately need them to value anย artistโ€™s worth and the quality of their projectsย ? cause you canโ€™t do/have bothย :headache:

5 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

It wasnโ€™t so much for the strings, which most people enjoy, but for the piano, which seems to annoyย most people here

i see !! but i think itโ€™s just mostly the way jack plays and mixes hisย piano. take for exemple bel air, cherry blossom, french restaurant, the pianoย in old money... they are all gorgeous, lush, full. cherry blossom or bel airโ€™s instrumentalsย express so many emotions and have that kinda angelic, ethereal vibe that works great with lanaโ€™s vocals. jackโ€™s piano work isย usually very very muffled, weirdly mixed, mostly simple chords and they lackย that fullย feeling. i think thatโ€™s mostly what annoysย people.ย 

5 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

yโ€™all finally gotta settle on which one it is, do yโ€™all hate the grammys and critics or do yโ€™all desperately need them to value anย artistโ€™s worth and the quality of their projectsย ? cause you canโ€™t do/have bothย :headache:

why are you saying yโ€™all as if weโ€™re all one big group with only one valid opinionย :deadbanana:obviously thereโ€™s tons of people on this site and a lot of them care a lot about critics, while a ton of them donโ€™t care at all

i wish that for the 10 years of BTD she would rework the album with new vocals because at least my main issue with the album is that she evolved vocally and matured so much that it ages born to die like milkย :eek2:ย if she can maintain the energy she had then while sounding beautiful it would be perfectionย 

6 minutes ago, brandon said:

why are you saying yโ€™all as if weโ€™re all one big group with only one valid opinionย :deadbanana:obviously thereโ€™s tons of people on this site and a lot of them care a lot about critics, while a ton of them donโ€™t care at all

yโ€™all is a general statement that can apply to anyone who feels like it applies to them.ย a hitย dogย will holler thoย :glasses:

Yaaaaas the girls are fighting, weโ€™re finally close to getting newsย :hype:

ย 

era starting NEXT WEEKย :hype:

ย 

synthsย 

strings

MIKEย 

:angie::angie::angie:

ย 

blue banisters coming late July/early August to give us HEAT, ANGER, and REVENGEย 

:angie::hype::angie:

"Donโ€™t forget me"

Signs of an era approaching are fighting over Jack and scat attacks so...ย :beyonce:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย imageproxy.jpg

10 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i wish that for the 10 years of BTD she would rework the album with new vocals because at least my main issue with the album is that she evolved vocally and matured so much that it ages born to die like milkย :eek2:ย if she can maintain the energy she had then while sounding beautiful it would be perfectionย 

ย 

just because her voice has changed and matured doesn't mean born to die has "aged like milk" if that's the case, you could say that about all of her past work, including sirens & aka, and every unreleased song from pre-fame,ย even the ultraviolence era because she doesn't sing like that anymore, artist's voices will change and mature during their career but it doesn't mean their past work has aged poorly...ย :whatever2:

#lana del rey from NFR!ย ย #lana del rey from NFR!ย ย #lana del rey from NFR!

2 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

the fact that the producer of lanaโ€™s up coming album worked on the most acclaimed and one of the most important works in modern music history just gives me that RUSH like wow just him being confirmed on the record is such a great and promising omenย :lange::wowcry:

This is exactly the same some of y'all said when Lana said she was working with Jack (after he produced 1989 and Melodrama) and look what happenedย :eartha:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2:ย 

12 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

Her vocals were much betterย :rip:ย wdm? If anything itโ€™s the drums that need updating and the loon removalย 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

This is exactly the same some of y'all said when Lana said she was working with Jack (after he produced 1989 and Melodrama) and look what happenedย :eartha:

and some of us are intellectuals who ve been hating jack since day 1:nails:

Just now, plastiscguy said:

jackโ€™s catalogue before nfr wasnโ€™tย very strong nor long. mike has 2 highly acclaimed beyoncรฉย albumsย . that alone isย already a few categories above taylor and lorde

idc I SAID ITS A GREAT OMENย :hype:

Also not some of y'all acting like you are above Lana's work pre-Jack and being like "oh y'all are still talking about Jack?? ?" McScuse me bitch? Last time I check we got two records in less than twoย years from him and Lana, one of which came out not even two months ago,ย it still is fresh in recent memories, whether you appreciate his work or not.ย :bye:

2 minutes ago, Max said:

Also not some of y'all acting like you are above Lana's work pre-Jack and being like "oh y'all are still talking about Jack?? ?" McScuse me bitch? Last time I check we got two records in less than a year from him and Lana, it still is fresh in recent memories, whether you appreciate his work or not.ย :bye:

Plssss, i sheleved COCC weeks ago. That album makes me feel like shit on my good mood days. It flopped for me personally. Maybe one day that changes. Idk. Point is. He has to go. Period.