Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Araby said:

She has a history of drug abuse and you're saying you want her on "dope"— weed is a legal drug in her home state so I don't know why you'd refer to it by that name. I thought you wanted her back on harder shit, as "dope" implies.

Either way, implying an artist needs substances (that theyve expressed have been unhealthy for them) to make good music is....weird, love :derpna2:

i would like some heroin to get through this insufferable discourse. yes implying that is bad, but terrence didn't. lana is open about weed and it's not a substance she struggled with so kindly touch grass. (geddit?)

Anyway, I feel like the three songs are puzzle pieces for the sonic soundscape of the album. BB gives me sad gay cowboy vibes to the 10s. WF gives me driving in a corn field after dark dealing with some shit not happy but confident. I think it's western but not country. Americana.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

9 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

if an alcoholic uses another substitue drug which is not alcohol, its still considered a relapse. doesnt matter whether you relapse on drinks or pills etc

although id say weed is deffo debatable in that sense

can we bring this convo to the Lana Drug Thread it's bumming the vibe on this joyous day?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mike Dean is a god said:

i would like some heroin to get through this insufferable discourse. yes implying that is bad, but terrence didn't. lana is open about weed and it's not a substance she struggled with so kindly touch grass. (geddit?)

Anyway, I feel like the three songs are puzzle pieces for the sonic soundscape of the album. BB gives me sad gay cowboy vibes to the 10s. WF gives me driving in a corn field after dark dealing with some shit not happy but confident. I think it's western but not country. Americana.

I'm not a hypersensitive stan I just hate the narrative that drug use (of any kind) inherently makes artists' music better. Wouldn't have reacted that way had the word "dope" not been used either, but I guess that's what ppl who don't smoke a lot of pot call it :rip:

30 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

yall are still pretending Annie Mac set Lana up, when in reality she tried her best to steer Lana away from the problematic dumb shit she was talking about :rip: 

she asked Lana about QFTC, her thoughts on quarantine (which had received politically charged answers in previous interviews), and asked her to elaborate on all of her answers. she literally asked Lana about her controversies & then asked her to explain them, how is that not a set up bestie

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I can't believe that some of you think that Lana doesn't smoke weed or that Mike Dean could corrupt her. Her bff Nikki Lane is a huge stoner. Lana is probably getting some of that smoke too

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

lana and mike dean when jack surprise visits them in the studio

I think it's time to leave Daddy Jack to rest in peace. 

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

7 minutes ago, HeadBitch said:

Let me put my 50 cent right now and tell you guys that I'm sniffing a pregnancy announcement alongside these singles and she's about to break the internet.

The announcement is coming either today, when the music video for PB is released or on her birthday, but it's coming.

Get your coins ready, because that baby is about to be fed with this album.

Untitled-2.thumb.gif.2410e76abd85a16ec0e

Clementine can wait. What we really need is the announcement of a tour in 2022

3 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Clementine can wait. What we really need is the announcement of a tour in 2022

I mean... It's not like she does much on stage anyway and plus, pregnancy could enhance her vocals, so she can tour with Clementine. 

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

13 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

we'll see how it is when we get the tracklist - whether today or at another time - but i'm glad she seems to have brought longer songs AND bridges back. nfr, chemtrails and lfl really lacked good bridges

no heroin bridge erasure pls

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

18 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

maybe there will be another surprise tonight.

It seems too good to be true

but i wish lana and mike announce their engagement tonight.

lana del rey fall in love gif | WiffleGif

Unidentified_Flying_Bill_REF_Mix.wav and Crazy For You.wav being uploaded on dbree

23 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

If this is real, I'll burn my Melanie Martinez collection 

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

even if it’s not fake burn it just in case :gurl:

don't do that

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

yeah that one was good but the other bridges on lfl are either uninteresting and based on the same chords as another part of the song or just uninteresting or non-existent so lfl still lacks good bridges!

6 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

And no Cherry and LFL and Tomorrow Never Came (Demo) and Doin' Time and TNBAR and Hope and White Dress and COCC and LMLYLAW and Yosemite and Dance Till We Die and The Greatest/How to disappear/Cinnamon Girl/Wild at Heart (outros) erasure