Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

Yeah From what I got from reading her posts and watching all her IG videos, it happened because Ariana privately messaged her about disagreements on qftc and didnt want to be associated with her anymore, so Lana said that was fine and they unfollowed each other. I also think a similar thing happened with her and Marina, especially since Lana said in the adressing video that shes sad people who she’s been so close with for so long are  choosing to cut  themself from her over the qftc post which i think Lana was the most sad about

I just don't get why Ariana took her post in the most negative way possible, but oh well.

I think I remember Marina replying to one of Lana's tweets in a friendly manner after QFTC though. 

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

10 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Like is said the other day about black beauty being one of my favorite lana songs ever; ultraviolence and the whole "sad-core" thing for me wasnt a placebo. It taught me to see a certain majesty in my misery that only lana can communicate with. I dont think i wouldve seen sadness as something so beautifully raw and artistic if i hadnt begun listening to her when i was **TWELVE** LMAOOOO

exactly... in simple terms, it makes me feel cool even when i'm sad :agree: which is what i need

sUcVobB.png

I learned how to make love from a movie

Said he found me waitressin’ at a Ruby Tuesday’s 

He said “I wanna buy you up, plus a white milkshake”

I said “I’ll serve you up a special side of heartbreak” 

A special side of heartbreak 

I was workin’ down in the corner café

You would drive by in the Chevrolet 

Whistle at me as my hips go sway 

Lana Del Rey, how you get that way?

How you get that waaayyyyy??

I said...

He loves my heart-shaped sunglasses

He loves the heart shape my ass is

Cristal, cristal champagne glasses 

the literal best lyrics she’s ever written I swear... it makes my gay little heart so emotional I wanna CRYYY :trisha:

14417469274.gif

27 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I totally relate with you. Lana's music always made me happy. Obviously, she have melancholic songs (and who doesn't), but that's not her whole discography. She actually shows a huge range of emotions through her records. I always feel more alive listening to it.

On the other hand, most of my friends who listen to Lana fits the stereotype, so she may have a point

Omg that's painful haha but oh well at least they have taste too.

I definitely know people who consider their lana-listening a phase, like "oh remember when we all did XYZ and listened to Lana Del Rey?" And it low-key offends me because lana is not a phase to me mom :smile4:

This hasn't been discussed in a long time, but I was thinking moments ago about the time Lana stopped caring about non-US promotion. At first they marketed her very well in Europe and even Latin America... Retrospectively, it's so amazing to think she toured almost the entirety of Europe, and so successfully. However it all stopped once she made it in the United States, and that's when she basically stopped bothering. I guess it's because that's exactly what she wanted... being a famous singer-poet in her home country. The resons? We don't know. Could it be laziness at the mere thought of flying overseas? Culture shocks?

If she never made it in the US, she wouldn't be as famous, effortlessly successful and relevant as she is now. She wouldn't even be as respected, as most important music publications are located in the US. But I wonder what would've happened if she pursued a, let's say, Kylie Minogue-like career; very successful in certain places (for Lana, it'd be Europe and Latin America) but only a one-hit wonder and barely any relevancy in the US.

Does anybody here know some songs similar to Bel Air/Life is Beautiful? Ethereal, slow, few or no beats/drums, cinematic, lush, beautiful, that make you feel like dying and entering Heaven's doors, soft vocals, amazing instrumentals and delivery.

20 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

This hasn't been discussed in a long time, but I was thinking moments ago about the time Lana stopped caring about non-US promotion. At first they marketed her very well in Europe and even Latin America... Retrospectively, it's so amazing to think she toured almost the entirety of Europe, and so successfully. However it all stopped once she made it in the United States, and that's when she basically stopped bothering. I guess it's because that's exactly what she wanted... being a famous singer-poet in her home country. The resons? We don't know. Could it be laziness at the mere thought of flying overseas? Culture shocks?

If she never made it in the US, she wouldn't be as famous, effortlessly successful and relevant as she is now. She wouldn't even be as respected, as most important music publications are located in the US. But I wonder what would've happened if she pursued a, let's say, Kylie Minogue-like career; very successful in certain places (for Lana, it'd be Europe and Latin America) but only a one-hit wonder and barely any relevancy in the US.

We would have better visuals, because Europeans and Latin Americans have taste and don't like laziness 

Does anyone know what the highest quality we have of this version of (Big Bad) Wolf?

It's my favorite but the youtube rip kills me

Spoiler

also im fairly certain the intro/outro are fanmade but they sound like the official instrumental so i was wondering if this is the only place i can find this version.. if so, sad ):

So I decided to listen to all her albums in full again and I’ve only gotten though BTD>PARADISE>UV so far but I have to say,

it really cemented Gods and Monsters and absolutely one of her best songs, and I realized how much an impact it made on me as a younger fella. When she sings “gods dead I said baby that’s alright with me. No ones gonna take my soul away” that really made me feel ok with myself back when I was grappling with the fact I was gay and also had pretty religious upbringing through my grandma who is one of my closest relatives. 

its such an anthem 

15 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

So I decided to listen to all her albums in full again and I’ve only gotten though BTD>PARADISE>UV so far but I have to say,

it really cemented Gods and Monsters and absolutely one of her best songs, and I realized how much an impact it made on me as a younger fella. When she sings “gods dead I said baby that’s alright with me. No ones gonna take my soul away” that really made me feel ok with myself back when I was grappling with the fact I was gay and also had pretty religious upbringing through my grandma who is one of my closest relatives. 

its such an anthem 

it might be her best song....

1 hour ago, domandapiano said:

its such an anthem 

from what I remember back then, that was the most anticipated song on the forum once the snippets came out. it got a mixed reception upon release, but I’ve always thought it was such a great song.. wish we got more dark sounding songs like that these days. definitely some of her best lyrics in there. :) 

14417469274.gif

1 hour ago, mansfield ringer said:

it might be her best song....

it’s definitely a contender and probably my favorite song from the btd/paradise era.

also, I usually shit on the second half of UV (at least sad girl-fmwuttt), but it’s actually pretty good. It definitely pales in comparison to the first 5 tracks (and old money and the other woman), which are god tier not only in regards to lana but just in popular music in general, but they are still good songs. 

13 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Your Girl should’ve replaced Sad Girl on UV...... Sad Girl could’ve been a bonus track maybe but we really lost on that one. 

kind of agree... it feels the least essential of the songs on UV 

18 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Happiness is a Butterfly is Lana's #9 top song on Spotify right now. Pretty unexpected ?

one of my favs tbh! it's pretty simple but there's something about her vocal delivery, the yearning, that really gets me.

aOaIzH2.gif

On 5/30/2021 at 9:22 PM, Doll Harlow said:

I relate 100%. I could never relate to people who said that her music is sad. It definitely has a melancholy sound sometimes but it never makes me sad. It's hard to explain.

same, lana's music is just pure comfort to me, I can listen to her doing literally anything and it will just make me feel better and happy

when I end up crying to her music is just because what she made was so damn beautiful and I can feel her emotions

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

4 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Your Girl should’ve replaced Sad Girl on UV...... Sad Girl could’ve been a bonus track maybe but we really lost on that one. 

Everything about Your Girl is amazing - that production is spicy af. Idk why it wasn't included in UV. It should have at least replaced Guns And Roses