Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

Ohmygod I just realized. Its scat bc its like pop culture to say something dropped? So they do. And if so. Does that make them logsmen logspeople. Loggers. Folklore. Charmin. Thats why she wears plaid. 

Is there a book thread on here somewhere for books Lana has read/mentioned? So far I have Lolita, women who run with wolves, and Tropic of Capricorn/cancer.  Need book recommendations for the summer. 

23 minutes ago, gatadelrey said:

Is there a book thread on here somewhere for books Lana has read/mentioned? So far I have Lolita, women who run with wolves, and Tropic of Capricorn/cancer.  Need book recommendations for the summer. 

I don't know all of them but also Paradise Lost, The Road to Paradise Island (seen in HM MV), Valley of the Dolls, The Bell Jar or Sylvia Plath's Journals (tread with caution though because she was lowkey racist), The Sun Also Rises. I'd also recommend Beat Poetry because she constantly mentions beat poets, such as Allen Ginsberg's Howl. She seems to love Jack Kerouac's On The Road as well.

sgopYhV.gif

20 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

I don't know all of them but also Paradise Lost, The Road to Paradise Island (seen in HM MV), Valley of the Dolls, The Bell Jar or Sylvia Plath's Journals (tread with caution though because she was lowkey racist), The Sun Also Rises. I'd also recommend Beat Poetry because she constantly mentions beat poets, such as Allen Ginsberg's Howl. She seems to love Jack Kerouac's On The Road as well.

Ah thank you. I forgot about Sylvia plath’s work and the bell jar- I am familiar with that one. Will definitely look into the others. Thanks