Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

But Ellie signed it

So did that Dermott guy RIP

Dua and Lana need to step up. I @ed them on Twitter; I encourage others to do the same (nicely) as they may not be aware of it for some reason

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

So did that Dermott guy RIP

Dua and Lana need to step up. I @ed them on Twitter; I encourage others to do the same (nicely) as they may not be aware of it for some reason

Honestly, I don't think that they care

So I’m visiting LA for like 24 hours and I went to mel’s to get the chemtrails over the country club shake and it was delicious. And then the waitress gave me the same picture poster of it that Lana posted on her Instagram story a few weeks ago and it was signed by her. Not sure if it’s a reprint or not but it definitely appears real. The waitress said she comes in all the time. Literally made my entire trip. 

1 hour ago, gatadelrey said:

So I’m visiting LA for like 24 hours and I went to mel’s to get the chemtrails over the country club shake and it was delicious. And then the waitress gave me the same picture poster of it that Lana posted on her Instagram story a few weeks ago and it was signed by her. Not sure if it’s a reprint or not but it definitely appears real. The waitress said she comes in all the time. Literally made my entire trip. 

!!! i'm going up to la next weekend and glad to hear they still have the shake, am definitely gonna go get it 

aOaIzH2.gif

Just now, rightofjupiter said:

!!! i'm going up to la next weekend and glad to hear they still have the shake, am definitely gonna go get it 

Yes do it!! It’s so cool. Even on the receipt it says Lana Del Rey shake lol 

51 minutes ago, Be Free said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20081120190147/http://www.thisisthebestdayofyourlife.com/cinderella.html

I didn't know where to post this, I found it years ago and always thought it was somewhat cute. 

omg i've seen this before but i didn't know where it was from! 

the fact that lizzy's photo wasn't indexed but everybody else's was is just cruel :toofunny:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Two years since I saw Lana live for the first and only time today omg...

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I don’t know if anyone else feels this way but I feel like at some point in 2017-2018 something shifted. It seems like she got sick of celebrity culture and decided to cosplay as a normal valley girl (hence the less eclectic boyfriends, the more reserved and laid back style, and the LA socialite friend group). She kind of acknowledged it in that Interview magazine convo with Jack but it’s just so interesting to me. Every few years it’s like she decides to be a different person. ? 

Does anyone else ever think of how horrible this industry is based on Lana alone? She made the name "Lana del Rey" before she actually got famous, and when she finally got signed, she signed a contract for it to only be her name. They changed her hair color, her style, the type of singing she does, and her sound. The leap from AKA -> BTD was done almost entirely by her label. If anything, BTD (excluding LFL bc that album was just a grab at relevancy) is her most "un-lana" album. In the ultra violence era, she clearly didn't want to keep doing what she was doing anymore, and made some amazing songs but they're all quite depressing and worrying. I think NFR! and COCC are the most real lana albums to date. I also think the reason she still performs BTD songs at concerts is because it's in her contract still. which is why she shows no effort during those songs, hardly sings, and does lazy dances. And I think she wants a lot of us to realize this. She said multiple times in VBBOTG that she is just a poet. She doesn't want this crazy industry mess, she's always just wanted to say what she needed to.

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, bigspender said:

Does anyone else ever think of how horrible this industry is based on Lana alone? She made the name "Lana del Rey" before she actually got famous, and when she finally got signed, she signed a contract for it to only be her name. They changed her hair color, her style, the type of singing she does, and her sound. The leap from AKA -> BTD was done almost entirely by her label. If anything, BTD (excluding LFL bc that album was just a grab at relevancy) is her most "un-lana" album. In the ultra violence era, she clearly didn't want to keep doing what she was doing anymore, and made some amazing songs but they're all quite depressing and worrying. I think NFR! and COCC are the most real lana albums to date. I also think the reason she still performs BTD songs at concerts is because it's in her contract still. which is why she shows no effort during those songs, hardly sings, and does lazy dances. And I think she wants a lot of us to realize this. She said multiple times in VBBOTG that she is just a poet. She doesn't want this crazy industry mess, she's always just wanted to say what she needed to.

I think the industry can be a terrible place sometimes, but I actually disagree. Lana has always been in control of her life and what you mentioned about the label choosing her look and style is exactly the kind of narrative the media used to spew about her - that she was “manufactured” by her label. The records are true of Lana’s life at the time, and perhaps those earlier records that you feel are the most unlike Lana are from when she was working through a lot of difficult things that had happened in her life that maybe she’s gotten clarity on now, and thus, hasn’t explored in NFR/COTCC. People evolve over the course of a life but I don’t think the earlier records are inauthentic to Lana. AKA and her catalogue pre-fame naturally grew into BTD, she has even said this.