Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

22 minutes ago, bigspender said:

Does anyone else ever think of how horrible this industry is based on Lana alone? She made the name "Lana del Rey" before she actually got famous, and when she finally got signed, she signed a contract for it to only be her name. They changed her hair color, her style, the type of singing she does, and her sound. The leap from AKA -> BTD was done almost entirely by her label. If anything, BTD (excluding LFL bc that album was just a grab at relevancy) is her most "un-lana" album. In the ultra violence era, she clearly didn't want to keep doing what she was doing anymore, and made some amazing songs but they're all quite depressing and worrying. I think NFR! and COCC are the most real lana albums to date. I also think the reason she still performs BTD songs at concerts is because it's in her contract still. which is why she shows no effort during those songs, hardly sings, and does lazy dances. And I think she wants a lot of us to realize this. She said multiple times in VBBOTG that she is just a poet. She doesn't want this crazy industry mess, she's always just wanted to say what she needed to.

i've never thought this... about BTD, I think that's what she wanted to do. If you hear the pre-BTD songs they already have this LDR vibes, I mean, same themes that she put on that album. She dyed her hair at 2010, and if u see her in that year or before, she kinda start wearing clothes with BTD style and stuff. She clearly had a stylist/image consultant in that era, she said that in an interview, bc she said she "had no clue of fashion" (that explains why she was mostly wearing just jeans, but even in BTD era u can see hear wearing that kind of clothes too). Basically, I feel she was doing what she wanted, and she was the same person, not made up

Does anyone remember which interview it was that Lana said she wanted to write a novel about a starlet who found a dead fan in her pool or something along the line? Looking up "Lana novel" or similar stuff only gets me Violet results

7 minutes ago, World At War said:

Does anyone remember which interview it was that Lana said she wanted to write a novel about a starlet who found a dead fan in her pool or something along the line? Looking up "Lana novel" or similar stuff only gets me Violet results

i vaguely remember this but can't recall which interview it's from

aOaIzH2.gif

Heroin is such a good song omg..i've always loved it, but I especially love it now

This is my Lust for Life time of year. I love how each Lana album suits my mood for each season :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, World At War said:

It’s from her October 2015 Billboard cover story! It was actually about a movie idea she had -

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/cover-story/6737539/lana-del-rey-billboard-cover-pop-stardom-relationships-anxiety

Do you guys think she’ll do interviews again? Or even attend Hollywood events post controversies? I can’t imagine how she’d respond in person to questions about qftc/the mesh mask and why she decided to wear it in the first place. 

6 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

Do you guys think she’ll do interviews again? Or even attend Hollywood events post controversies? I can’t imagine how she’d respond in person to questions about qftc/the mesh mask and why she decided to wear it in the first place. 

she has done interviews after that, haven't you read them? and yeah, I think she will

My gay ass friend when I said that I don't want a LFL vinyl as a birthday present because it's 6/10.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I played "Yosemite" right after "Change" on Lust for Life. It really fits beautifully...:oprah:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm the only one who, even though I want another interaction between Lana and Taylor, feel that a collaboration between them would be somewhat strange because feel that their voices do not match but, who knows... they could shut my mouth.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Seasons will turn
The world it will turn
The only thing we'll turn, is the pages of all the poems we burn

Yosemite has been hitting different lately

4 hours ago, Contemplating God said:

Seasons will turn
The world it will turn
The only thing we'll turn, is the pages of all the poems we burn

Yosemite has been hitting different lately

same, i've been pretty obsessed with it lately, although it's always been one of my favorites from cotcc, the bridge especially <3

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

On 6/29/2021 at 10:47 PM, strangeandwild said:

i've never thought this... about BTD, I think that's what she wanted to do. If you hear the pre-BTD songs they already have this LDR vibes, I mean, same themes that she put on that album. She dyed her hair at 2010, and if u see her in that year or before, she kinda start wearing clothes with BTD style and stuff. She clearly had a stylist/image consultant in that era, she said that in an interview, bc she said she "had no clue of fashion" (that explains why she was mostly wearing just jeans, but even in BTD era u can see hear wearing that kind of clothes too). Basically, I feel she was doing what she wanted, and she was the same person, not made up

Lizzy stuff definitely sounds like Lana, the themes she was singing about is so typical to her. Lizzy songs can easily fit into the BTD album just with more guitar and some violin. That shows that she clearly wanted that image and sound and it wasn't decided to her. I don't understand that people who claim she's an industry plant don't listen her old music but only focus on the name and surface appearance as an argument. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

4 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

I saw this on reddit.

by a woman "being really mean" to her boyfriend i'm guessing she had a lot of opinions and he wasn't having it :derpna2: and we all know lana and her blunt opinionated side so i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she brought up something small and he got pissed so she dropped the bomb

anyway she needs a girlfriend