Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, Mike Dean is a god said:

Omg courtney made a meme about jack sampling wild at heart on the lorde track….does this mean lana will weigh on? How will this effect the album? Grabbing popcorn

What’s funny is that everyone thinks he sampled WAH for Lorde’s new song, but that’s actually the opposite, he sampled Stoned for WAH. Stoned was made in May of 2019 and WAH around August. Which actually makes more sense, because WAH already sampled HTD. I wouldn’t be surprised if both Lana and Lorde knew about the sample and didn’t mind. 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

58 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i didn't know people were saying direct sampling had occurred, just that jack's production for different artists across multiple albums was starting to sound uncannily similar and unoriginal

i want mike's input on this jack issue lol :bebe: 

I get the feeling Mike doesn’t like jack, don’t ask why I just do!

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I’d love if Mike got Lana collabing with other artists. He’s working with Ingrosso rn and he’s always using other female vocalists so I’d LOVE if Mike was like “Lana would fit this track, let’s get her on it”

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

What’s funny is that everyone thinks he sampled WAH for Lorde’s new song, but that’s actually the opposite, he sampled Stoned for WAH. Stoned was made in May of 2019 and WAH around August. Which actually makes more sense, because WAH already sampled HTD. I wouldn’t be surprised if both Lana and Lorde knew about the sample and didn’t mind. 

I mean the melody is similar to Hope's verses too :ohno:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

4 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

It was made in July 2019 at least, and WAH has Hope's melody and HTD's instrumental, so Stoned is still a sampled piece of lazy work. 

4 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

Lana Del Rey wrote Wild At Heart in a LFL session... Then she tryed to work the song for NFR! but she scrapped it. The final song was produced at 2019. :blush3:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

1 hour ago, WildMustang said:

I mean the melody is similar to Hope's verses too :ohno:

Personally I really don’t see it, I’ve been playing Stoned a lot and I still can’t see any resemblance with hope

And the reason why I’m almost sure Lorde and Lana both know about the sample is because not only the choruses of both songs share the same chord progression, they also share the same melody (different melodies can be sung over a single chord progression, but WAH and Stoned share the same for a few seconds). Stoned was the very first song Lorde wrote for her new record, and I believe that back then, she didn’t know if she would end up releasing it, so I guess it wasn’t that big of a problem that Lana sampled it. Especially when Lana’s notoriously known for having thousands of unreleased songs (she could’ve decided to not release WAH too). People are complaining about the sample because both WAH and Stoned ended up getting released, but there are probably a lot of unreleased tracks that sample already released ones and we just don’t know about them

~?~

10 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Personally I really don’t see it, I’ve been playing Stoned a lot and I still can’t see any resemblance with hope

when lorde sings “and the music you loved at 16 one day you’ll grow out of” (paraphrasing the lyrics because I can’t remember them exactly) it’s the exact same melody as “I was reading slim Aaron’s and I got to thinking that I thought..” 

its in a different key but it’s still the exact same melody (the same piano line that is through hope as well). The other bits of stoned don’t feel akin to hope but that one bit is exactly the same.

(I know this is off topic, also I’m not trying be a smarty, I just wanted to point out the one element of the song that seems lifted from lana most blatantly. I still like stoned, don’t get me wrong! It’s a nice song) 

10 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

And the reason why I’m almost sure Lorde and Lana both know about the sample is because not only the choruses of both songs share the same chord progression, they also share the same melody (different melodies can be sung over a single chord progression, but WAH and Stoned share the same for a few seconds). Stoned was the very first song Lorde wrote for her new record, and I believe that back then, she didn’t know if she would end up releasing it, so I guess it wasn’t that big of a problem that Lana sampled it. Especially when Lana’s notoriously known for having thousands of unreleased songs (she could’ve decided to not release WAH too). People are complaining about the sample because both WAH and Stoned ended up getting released, but there are probably a lot of unreleased tracks that sample already released ones and we just don’t know about them

I love how you decided in your head that it's Lana who sampled Lorde, while completely ignoring Hope and HTD from 2018. Proofs about May 2019 for Stoned and August 2019 for WAH? 

(this is getting off-topic) unless lorde & lana are both aware that their songs are very similar and they're okay with it, i find it incredibly ridiculous that jack antonoff can't come up with something original for all of the different artists he works with? i heard a little snippet of lorde's new song in courtney love's meme post and it sounds exactly like wild at heart, how did they let that slide? if lana wasn't aware of this, i'd imagine she'd be quite pissed, her work is her work and it's sad that a producer who is capable of so much more is basically recycling, especially when it's already used for another artist's work :brows3:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Also NY Times, V Magazine, Fader and mano others medias talked about that the songs have the same progression. Thats not doubt. I really sad for lorde because Jack could at least copy NFR! not COCC that everybody hates it :eartha2:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

:oprah2:

can't wait for venice bitch & tulsa jesus freak "samples" in upcoming/future jack antonoff projects... :ma: :bye: 

Blue Banisters, Text Book and Wildflower Wildfire are better written than any Hack song over the past year except for maybe a few COCC highlights, but we know that was from Lana pushing him. Time to give it up, deelicious :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

59 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

I love how you decided in your head that it's Lana who sampled Lorde, while completely ignoring Hope and HTD from 2018. Proofs about May 2019 for Stoned and August 2019 for WAH? 

Lorde said that they made Stoned 6 months after the Melodrama world tour ended (it ended in November of 2018, so it leads us to May 2019) and Lana posted a pic of her WAH necklace on July 31 2019, which we can assume wasn’t too long ago after she wrote the track (always thought it was August but apparently it was July, my bad)

~?~

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

(this is getting off-topic) unless lorde & lana are both aware that their songs are very similar and they're okay with it, i find it incredibly ridiculous that jack antonoff can't come up with something original for all of the different artists he works with? i heard a little snippet of lorde's new song in courtney love's meme post and it sounds exactly like wild at heart, how did they let that slide? if lana wasn't aware of this, i'd imagine she'd be quite pissed, her work is her work and it's sad that a producer who is capable of so much more is basically recycling, especially when it's already used for another artist's work :brows3:

Why is everyone ultimately placing the blame on Jack, it’s Lorde’s song at the end of the day. None of Jack’s other songs in the past sound like songs he’s done with other artists. No song on Reputation that he did with Taylor sound like any NFR songs or any of his work with St. Vincent. Stoned sounds like Wild at heart cause it shares the exact same chord progression, maybe it’s Lorde’s that’s the uninspired one, not Jack

22 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Lorde said that they made Stoned 6 months after the Melodrama world tour ended (it ended in November of 2018, so it leads us to May 2019) and Lana posted a pic of her WAH necklace on July 31 2019, which we can assume wasn’t too long ago after she wrote the track (always thought it was August but apparently it was July, my bad)

Written and fully produced & mastered are two different things. Lorde could write it in May 2019 and give it to Jack later so he can sample three Lana's songs in one Lorde song. Not the other way around.

11 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

Why is everyone ultimately placing the blame on Jack, it’s Lorde’s song at the end of the day. None of Jack’s other songs in the past sound like songs he’s done with other artists. No song on Reputation that he did with Taylor sound like any NFR songs or any of his work with St. Vincent. Stoned sounds like Wild at heart cause it shares the exact same chord progression, maybe it’s Lorde’s that’s the uninspired one, not Jack

yes, i agree, obviously if lorde knew that her song was basically recycling lana's song it would also be her fault, i just didn't wanna assume because jack's the one who produced it, and you know how stans can be... :brows3: i'm not saying lorde is 100% innocent, i guess we don't really know for sure, either way, i think it's suspicious :brows3:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123