Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

I know it’s off topic but re: the Lorde talk-

She did say that she made this album to “amuse [her] peers” and that she wanted certain musicians to listen to it, text her, and say “I see what you did there”. So, I wonder if the similarities between her new stuff and Lana’s signature sound/lyricism is deliberate...:um2:

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I know it’s off topic but re: the Lorde talk-

She did say that she made this album to “amuse [her] peers” and that she wanted certain musicians to listen to it, text her, and say “I see what you did there”. So, I wonder if the similarities between her new stuff and Lana’s signature sound/lyricism is deliberate...:um2:

i feel like that's a bad idea, considering lorde & lana's history :oic2: unless i'm out of the loop and they're friends or something :um2: also just the idea of "borrowing" or being heavily inspired by somebody else's work and making it some sort of easter egg is strange, in my opinion :blush:

Flower GIF - Flower - Discover & Share GIFs | Flowers, Beautiful night  images, Flowers gif

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i feel like that's a bad idea, considering lorde & lana's history, :oic2: unless i'm out of the loop and they're friends or something :um2: also just the idea of "borrowing" or being heavily inspired by somebody else's work and making it some sort of easter egg... :um2:

I agree, and I don’t think Lana is necessarily a fan of people making similar music to her *especially* if they previously voiced their distaste for her music and didn’t bother to rectify such comments  :um2: 

Although I’m not an avid listener or a fan, I think Lorde is a great musician, but I also think she should make music that sounds like...well, Lorde! I feel like after NFR, a lot of people wanted to create their own versions of that record and maybe I’m biased because it’s Lana, but nothing beats the original. :typewriter:

10 minutes ago, COCC said:

QFTC says hi :byeh8rs2: :stareney:

qftc 2.0 is coming i fear :ma: 

now that taylor swift, st. vincent, clairo, the chicks, and lorde have produced hit albums with jack antonoff, can i please go back to singing about coffee pots, smoking cigarettes, loving lots like polka dots, and being wild at heart, without being copied or saying that i'm glamourizing jack antonoff?

Flower GIF - Flower - Discover & Share GIFs | Flowers, Beautiful night  images, Flowers gif

22 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

like what if lorde was actually flirting with lana thru her music or something. that's a new perspective. she's like, no lana, I'M the prettier jesus. or, ey lets go get stoned getting pedi's girl. maybe it was jacks plan all along 

9f5d953812e6ef236745b7da14f8a1ed.jpg

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

36 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Imagine original versions of NFR!/COTCC tracks...

So glad Lana left him (for now).

wait but this is so perfect with the violins and everything??? why can't jack do something like this for lana

3 hours ago, lustforlife said:

The fact that nfr is so good that is Jack is trying to do it again with 3 artists, including lana :ma:

I guess you could call NFR… textbook :ma: