Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Lana shouldve covered Misery is a Butterfly (by Blonde Redhead) on the NFR tour. It makes perfect sense as a parallel to HIAB, plus that song with a trip hop arrangement around it a la the verses of DBJAG + orchestral undertones would fit her so well. I wish she'd fully go in this direction again, it's so much more interesting than what she seems to be doing now 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

14 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

Deluxe Edition:

- Interlude by Lorde: I'm whore, you're a dragon

- Let's RIDE (feat. Charlie XCX)

- Fuck Him Hard in the Hot Cum Rain All Night (feat. Azealia Banks)

- Video Games (Nikki Lane Cover)

- My Pussy Belongs to Daddy (Previously Unreleased)

- Outro by Donald Trump: Witchcraft sucks

ok but a my pussy belongs to daddy cover would be giving what we need 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I may be off base but Lana seems to promo an album less when she's over/doesn't want to think about the guy who is heavily written about on the album.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

16 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

Lana in 2014: I want to die : (

The media: how dare you be public about your depression you stupid fucking cunt, you set women back a millennia kill yourself

that's why we are getting piano flops

giphy.gif

im so fucking sick of this romanticization bullshit 

Why is it anytime a musical artist journalizes a relationship or literally ANYTHING that isn’t politically correct or sings about something that isn’t palatable it gets reduced by some stupid pseudo intellectual who has the audacity to police art or immediately assume the artist is glamorizing whatever the fuck they’re talking about

It’s always let’s blame the fucking artist and make them feel shit for romanticizing “x” as if the artist is tone deaf or some insane person who enjoys traumatic situations

It’s wild to me that some people immediately think Lana is like advertising Lolita/these type of predatory relationships as if she’s like the Ghislaine Maxwell of alternative music or some shit, like is it so hard to believe perhaps Lana’s been through an experience herself in which she was pursued by an older man when she was younger and like many artists found catharsis in reimagining the “sour” situation she experienced and turned it into something sweet, or in this case a bombastic pop song? 

6 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

Why is it anytime a musical artist journalizes a relationship or literally ANYTHING that isn’t politically correct or sings about something that isn’t palatable it gets reduced by some stupid pseudo intellectual who has the audacity to police art or immediately assume the artist is glamorizing whatever the fuck they’re talking about

It’s always let’s blame the fucking artist and make them feel shit for romanticizing “x” as if the artist is tone deaf or some insane person who enjoys traumatic situations

It’s wild to me that some people immediately think Lana is like advertising Lolita/these type of predatory relationships as if she’s like the Ghislaine Maxwell of alternative music or some shit, like is it so hard to believe perhaps Lana’s been through an experience herself in which she was pursued by an older man when she was younger and like many artists was found catharsis in reimagining the “sour” situation she experienced and turned it into something sweet, or in the case of this case a bombastic pop song? 

And honestly? The song is not even problematic. Many other singers played with the lolita archetype at the time

@brandon @lover hope I tagged the right ppl but the Lana song itself isn’t really controversial, it’s more that whoever leaked it (allegedly) stole & leaked things like her medical records which obviously is far more extreme. idk how true that is, that’s just the reason that was being given for not listening to the song (apparently the song had been circulating among leakers and Lana had asked some of them to not let it get out). 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

9 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

The media: how dare you be public about your depression you stupid fucking cunt, you set women back a millennia kill yourself

i always thought this was bothersome, it was such a blatant erasure of mental health and it was so unfair, if any other celebrity had said this, they wouldn't receive such a harsh reaction, i feel like a lot of people, especially anybody who critiques her, doesn't even realize that she's a human being, they only see her as a vintage-era depression sugar daddy starlet :eyeroll2:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Hey guys but random but I don’t suppose any one will know where I can get AKA on vinyl in the UK for a decent price it’s the last one I need to finish my Lana albums and I’m getting desperate at this point lmao :lange:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

58 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

@brandon @lover hope I tagged the right ppl but the Lana song itself isn’t really controversial, it’s more that whoever leaked it (allegedly) stole & leaked things like her medical records which obviously is far more extreme. idk how true that is, that’s just the reason that was being given for not listening to the song (apparently the song had been circulating among leakers and Lana had asked some of them to not let it get out). 

wtf :biblio: leaking medical records??? that shit is very odd behavior 

anyways thanks for the info i was v curious :creep:

5 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

Spoiler

It’s wild to me that some people immediately think Lana is like advertising Lolita/these type of predatory relationships as if she’s like the Ghislaine Maxwell of alternative music or some shit, like is it so hard to believe perhaps Lana’s been through an experience herself in which she was pursued by an older man when she was younger and like many artists found catharsis in reimagining the “sour” situation she experienced and turned it into something sweet, or in this case a bombastic pop song? 

Imo even if Lolita wasn't what it is the song on her own is pretty cringe for Lana's standards. The spelling, the chorus along with the high pitched voice is all ughhh. 

I agree with you. People are going back to policing art the same way religion policed everything only on the other spectrum. The only time I'm for policing is when people promote sexualization of minors in TV shows, modeling industry etc. There's a team that creates it for profit rather for art and that makes it disgusting. 

People have sang and wrote about toxic things since forever. Without that, we have children's music or classic music. Without "glamorizing" toxic things new subcultures would've never been born. 

It sucks how people are so selective what should be glamorized. For example, it's okay glamorizing being a slut, being a piece of shit to your boyfriend, partying extremely hard, drugs etc. 

Okay so if I continue this I'll write a better version of Question of The Culture so I'll end here. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

6 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

The way Lolita (song) is just about how all the boys want her, and only references Lolita in that exact vein.. Like, I don't even think Lana's talking specifically about age gaps in relationships? Just that, like Lolita, her man is infatuated with her. How do people not have the critical thinking skills to realise that

12 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

when i see that ugly arse interviewer from the guardian.... girl u dont wanna know

1 hour ago, shady said:

Imo even if Lolita wasn't what it is the song on her own is pretty cringe for Lana's standards. The spelling, the chorus along with the high pitched voice is all ughhh. 

oh wow,  am I the only one who absolutely LOVES it?  :awkney: 

Actually idec because ISSA FUN AND FULL BOP :party:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

3 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

does this have anything to do with why chemtrails was delayed? i imagine lana was probably v upset about the leak but am not sure if that directly corresponds with choosing to delay chemtrails?

mUENGN9.png

1 minute ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

does this have anything to do with why chemtrails was delayed? i imagine lana was probably v upset about the leak but am not sure if that directly corresponds with choosing to delay chemtrails?

I don't think so, the song (According to lanapedia) leaked on the September 5th which i think was the date chemtrails was originally scheduled for? but lowkey she probably delayed it twice after that anyway

12 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

the way no one questioned her mental health and instead chose to punish her for publicly displaying signs of mental illness :brandy: i wonder if frances cobain ever apologised to her for being so presumptuous in her criticism of lana esp since lana and courtney are now good friends

Edited by Alison by Slowdive

mUENGN9.png

15 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

the way no one questioned her mental health and instead chose to punish her for publicly displaying signs of mental illness :brandy: i wonder if frances cobain ever apologised to lana esp since lana and courtney are now good friends

i don't think so...

because frances is problematic (follow her twitter/instagram but she deletes everything}

it's sad to see women destroying each other.