Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Me writing essays defending "Let Me Love You Like a Woman" 

aOaIzH2.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 8/8/2021 at 10:08 PM, Surf Noir said:

cgkk11

That's a very nice pic :wub:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

What’s the highest quality we have for Living Legend? The one I have downloaded sounds kinda tinny. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Honeymoon, Lust for Life and Norman are Lana's "summer trifecta" to me. Each album resonates with me more than her other records every (late May)/June, July and August, respectively. :et::oprah::wub:

Listening to Venice Bitch and The Greatest in the car the other day set it off for me :angie:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

just came across this on my youtube recommended: bfQqVWN.png

@ whoever made this video: this shit is so annoying lmao not to mention brainless. first, thunder has nothing to do w lolita (the book, film, or themes). second, the fact that it's lana's very own stans doing this shit, misunderstanding her lolita references, and romanticising its imagery... fuck off :legend: 

mUENGN9.png

17 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

just came across this on my youtube recommended: bfQqVWN.png

@ whoever made this video: this shit is so annoying lmao not to mention brainless. first, thunder has nothing to do w lolita (the book, film, or themes). second, the fact that it's lana's very own stans doing this shit, misunderstanding her lolita references, and romanticising its imagery... fuck off :legend: 

at this point they're just making a lolita music video with "thunder" simply because it's a lana del rey song, it's literally the most RANDOM song they could've chosen because it has nothing to do with the book AT ALL :stop: it's disappointing that lana's music is somewhat connected to this unfairly romanticised image of the "lolita" story because people view it as a forbidden, scandalous love story, instead of the harrowing piece of writing it actually is, all they see & care about is dolores' outfits in the movie & the "aesthetic" of it, with the heart-shaped sunglasses, etc. yet they don't even understand the story, it's gross :emma:

Flower GIF - Flower - Discover & Share GIFs | Flowers, Beautiful night  images, Flowers gif

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

at this point they're just making a lolita music video with "thunder" simply because it's a lana del rey song :stop: it's disappointing that lana's music is somewhat connected to this unfairly romanticised image of the "lolita" story because people view it as a forbidden, scandalous love story, instead of the harrowing piece of writing it actually is, all they see & care about is dolores' outfits in the movie & the "aesthetic" of it, with the heart-shaped sunglasses, etc. yet they don't even understand the story, it's gross :emma:

it's criminal how dolores' suffering and abuse and death has been misunderstood and exploited for an aesthetic :( i still think it's outrageous the book was ever made into movies. 

and i keep wishing a flood of lana stans would create lyric/music videos etc with actual relevant imagery that supports lana's artistry. so, so sick of ppl associating lana with lolita imagery (an aestheticised fantasy created by a literal pedophile, humbert humbert)

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

it's criminal how dolores' suffering and abuse and death has been misunderstood and exploited for an aesthetic :( i still think it's outrageous the book was ever made into movies

and i keep wishing a flood of lana stans would create lyric/music videos etc with actual relevant imagery that supports lana's artistry. so, so sick of ppl associating lana with lolita imagery (an aestheticised fantasy created by a literal pedophile, humbert humbert)

the only movie adaptation i would accept is in the horror genre. i find both adaptations to be unwatchable. it's like the directors of both adaptations sympathized with humbert 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdoSEHrd/

Absolutely hate anytime politicians and old people try to get in on meme culture or when administrations try to insert themselves into internet jokes, but exposure is exposure and this new video by the White House and BennyDrama has Lana’s national anthem playing in the background 

On 8/8/2021 at 11:13 PM, Alison by Slowdive said:

deadly nightshade :wat:

:trisha::trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

4 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdoSEHrd/

Absolutely hate anytime politicians and old people try to get in on meme culture or when administrations try to insert themselves into internet jokes, but exposure is exposure and this new video by the White House and BennyDrama has Lana’s national anthem playing in the background 

I love that he always incorporates songs of his favorite artists (especially Lana’s) in his videos 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆