Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

I’m very glad Lana didn’t go to the MET (and I hope she doesn’t attend next year either). 

I mean not out of negativity but I really hope this whole “disconnect and live a normal life because I’m tired of culture” deal is truly authentic (and I think it is). I wouldn’t really blame her about changing her mind (because we all do) but it would mean some sort of step back from the mindset she is in right now. 

Also not to put another artist on the spotlight but look at Lorde. She went full out about being ill of celebrity status, playing the martyr advocate of the planet, being disconnected and what not… and she shows up at the MET as “Jesus”, shows up half naked and with expensive ass dresses on Vogue… etcetc

i know artists need a platform to

get their message across but you preach with actions. That said…. i am glad Lana is out of this whole toxic internet environment and I hope for her best and whatever keeps her happy even if that meant no more music from her (I doubt that but hey..) 

if Lana ever tours again, what songs from Chemtrails and Blue Banisters so far do you hope and think she'll perform?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

32 minutes ago, Thunder said:

if Lana ever tours again, what songs from Chemtrails and Blue Banisters so far do you hope and think she'll perform?

For Chemtrails I think that TJF, Wild At Heart, DBJAG and Dance Til We Die would be fun live. For Blue Banisters, I'd probably want WW, Arcadia, Thunder, and maybe two of the songs we haven't heard yet like Black Bathing Suit and Sweet Carolina 

imageproxy.jpg

16 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Realistically: NATWWAL, COCC, Breaking Up Slowly, LMLYLAW, For Free, WW

The ones I want: White Dress, COCC, TJF, LMLYLAW, Wild at Heart, DBJAG, Yosemite, Dance Till We Die, WW, BB, Arcadia, Nectar of the Gods, Cherry Blossom, Dealer

34 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I think from Chemtrails album she would only perform "Let Me Love You Like a Woman" and "For Free". And from Blue Banisters, so far, none. :toofunny:

I would like her to include "Thunder" in the setlist.

29 minutes ago, Thunder said:

sadly I think white dress is prob off the docket bc of the v high vocals, unless she adapts it for live performance. I think COCC, TJF, WAH, NAWWAL, LMLYLAW, DBJAG & Yosemite all stand a decent chance of making it on the setlist (not all together, but at least one or two of those). I don’t think For Free will make a comeback since she did it every night of the NFR tour. 

wildflower wildfire is so personal that I can’t imagine it live, but I guess u never know. I could def see BB and text book and Arcadia on a setlist, and I would absolutely die for her to play cherry blossom live.

all that said she’d have to majorly revise the way she does setlists- ie finally kick out most of those old ass BTD songs- for any of these songs to stand a chance. I really hope we get a BB tour next year- I think it’s somewhat likely that she does at least a few dates, even if it’s just festivals next summer.

aOaIzH2.gif

Blue Banisters Tour ideal setlist

Spoiler

1. Wildflower Wildfire

2. Thunder

3. Dark But Just A Game

4. Tulsa Jesus Freak

5. Born To Die

6. Cinnamon Girl

7. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

8. Pretty When You Cry

9. Dealer

10. West Coast

11. Cherry Blossom / Black Beauty / Living Legend 

12. Video Games

13. Ride

14. How to disappear / Wild At Heart

15. Mariners Apartment Complex

16. The greatest

17. Off To The Races

18. Venice Bitch

no honeymoon songs breaks my heart but we’ve got to cram half of nfr, chemtrails songs and blue banisters songs in there for a live performance and keep her obligatory classics :noparty:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost