Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, moonbeam monsoon said:

So you could’ve done the work to bring us the update we desperately need but you didn’t - thanks for letting us know :eartha2:

Wait when you put it that way... :delicious:

8V7Yvel.png

Is track three featuring background vocals from OUR Lizzy Grant? Or is there another Lizzy? It's from 2013 tho ?

Did it sample one of her old songs? What is this

https://www.discogs.com/Alice-BrightSky-Box-of-Me/release/7202634

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Is track three featuring background vocals from OUR Lizzy Grant? Or is there another Lizzy? It's from 2013 tho ?

Yes it’s done with Lizzy. Produced by Paolo De Gregorio (who produced Rahab)

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

19 minutes ago, The Siren said:

It’s an original song co-written by them I think, you can find it on Spotify! It’s a really cute song, I listen to it kinda regularly. Definitely one of my favourite Lana deep dives. Also, pretty sure it’s originally from her LG days, right? Not 2013 but I may be wrong. 

Kind of reminds me of Woman, Lana just offers backing vocals, but they’re clear enough to appreciate. Gorgeous: https://open.spotify.com/track/6emQ24jOEy23pTD3PkgdXl?si=uF_IHnZfTxK9FhLQkKx1VA&dl_branch=1

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

13 hours ago, Manson said:

I literally just realized the other day that it was never Lana who was roller-skating in White Dress MV :toofunny: Never noticed the girls is thinner, her hair different and that every time her face is shown they added a blur effect. All this time I believed she actually broke her arm while doing that on the set.

She actually did break her arm on the set, which is why she had a stand-in! Professional figure skater Gonna Bogdan stepped in for Lana after she broke her arm to do the main skating scenes, although you can actually see a few scenes with Lana skating while wearing her arm sling x

47 minutes ago, The Siren said:

31 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

It’s an original song co-written by them I think, you can find it on Spotify! It’s a really cute song, I listen to it kinda regularly. Definitely one of my favourite Lana deep dives. Also, pretty sure it’s originally from her LG days, right? Not 2013 but I may be wrong. 

Kind of reminds me of Woman, Lana just offers backing vocals, but they’re clear enough to appreciate. Gorgeous: https://open.spotify.com/track/6emQ24jOEy23pTD3PkgdXl?si=uF_IHnZfTxK9FhLQkKx1VA&dl_branch=1

It was recorded in 2006, but the release date may be marked as 2013 on some platforms because that was when Alice BrightSky released the record that the song was featured on! Lana also performed the song with her back in 2006 as well: 4kS0N.png&key=e54ddb2cc32ca018dd83084186

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

45 minutes ago, Elle said:

She actually did break her arm on the set, which is why she had a stand-in! Professional figure skater Gonna Bogdan stepped in for Lana after she broke her arm to do the main skating scenes, although you can actually see a few scenes with Lana skating while wearing her arm sling x

It was recorded in 2006, but the release date may be marked as 2013 on some platforms because that was when Alice BrightSky released the record that the song was featured on! Lana also performed the song with her back in 2006 as well: 4kS0N.png&key=e54ddb2cc32ca018dd83084186

Oh wait I think I remember seeing the song title this morning in one of the early shows threads ?

Edit: I wish it was a feature more than just bgv

༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

3 hours ago, Elle said:

If you look closely, it's not Lana with the arm sling skating, it's the same "stand-in". She's thinner than Lana was and the still had to blur the face and try to not show it. Idk why but Lana never seemed to have been the skater but she wanted people to believe she was.

17 hours ago, Manson said:

I literally just realized the other day that it was never Lana who was roller-skating in White Dress MV :toofunny: Never noticed the girls is thinner, her hair different and that every time her face is shown they added a blur effect. All this time I believed she actually broke her arm while doing that on the set.

If she actually wasn't the skater, I wouldn't mind because she's telling about earlier times in the song. So we have to imagine how she looked when she was "down on Orlando when she was only 19".

55 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

If she actually wasn't the skater, I wouldn't mind because she's telling about earlier times in the song. So we have to imagine how she looked when she was "down on Orlando when she was only 19".

I don't mind her doing the "Illusion" for the video, but it's unusual that they would even put the stand-in in the same clothes and arm sling to keep up with that. Why would they need to give Lana credits for something she can't do or didn't do? It's normal for artists to have body doubles but I never saw Lana as someone who would do that.

2 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

I had a nightmare that Lana made a song with Lizzo. I was so scared, I will never allow myself to sleep again.

They don't know, I do it for the culture, goddamn 
They say I should watch the shit I post, oh goddamn

You probably read my status update from yesterday. I would be here for it :oopna:

I had a nightmare that Lana made a song with Lizzo. I was so scared, I will never allow myself to sleep again.

i would like it tbh, especially if it was a ballad where they both can fit in

4 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

that wouldn't be a bad thing. i would want lizzo on the hook only though

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, CmonDownToFL said:

No I didn't see it but please do not manifest something like that. I'm not kidding I think we've suffered enough and life has been hard enough as it is, mentally I don't think most people would be able to survive this. Millions of people are crying due to your manifestation

ok damn did lizzo kill your family?

3 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i would like it tbh, especially if it was a ballad where they both can fit in

3 minutes ago, baddisease said:

that wouldn't be a bad thing. i would want lizzo on the hook only though

I am speechless, deeply disturbed and beyond broken :bebe:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

4 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

No I didn't see it but please do not manifest something like that. I'm not kidding I think we've suffered enough and life has been hard enough as it is, mentally I don't think most people would be able to survive this. Millions of people are crying due to your manifestation

Sooner or later we all have to leave this place. Might as well do it with a Lana-Lizzo-banger :agree:

I am speechless, deeply disturbed and beyond broken :bebe:

how about a Lana feature on a Lizzo song?

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, baddisease said:

how about a Lana feature on a Lizzo song?

No sorry.

Also sorry people were being mean just cause u were worried about the album not coming out. It was funny but I do think it was mean for no reason. Don't worry it's definitely coming queen :party:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

6 hours ago, Manson said:

I don't mind her doing the "Illusion" for the video, but it's unusual that they would even put the stand-in in the same clothes and arm sling to keep up with that. Why would they need to give Lana credits for something she can't do or didn't do? It's normal for artists to have body doubles but I never saw Lana as someone who would do that.

I think they potentially recorded scenes with Lana skating, and wanted her to be in the video, so they used a body double for scenes so they could effectively blend them together.  Then they probably just looked back at the clips and maybe decided that the Lana scenes weren’t that great and that they should just stick with the body double for all scenes. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat