Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, COCC said:

Screenshot-20211024-112553-Chrome.jpg

Idk about you guys but for me the choking pic had kinky vibes rather than abusive lmao.

Based on describing her style as racist, the author of the article is probably the type of person who thinks that people in the 20th century lived in the dark ages because the mentality was different (basically your average tiktoker). The level of maturity and critical thought... 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

3 hours ago, COCC said:

interesting read. i agree that separating the art from the artist doesn’t really work since it’s an extension of the person and doing so would take away from its essence but still, this shouldn’t stop anyone from appreciating art made by « problematic » people (whatever that means). it’s entirely up to the consumer and no one should be pressed to feel one way or another. 

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but…

Is there a list/thread on here for all the official Lana instrumentals that have been leaked? I'm trying to see which instrumentals from her albums are publicly available and which aren't. :crai: 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

3 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

a year old billboard article about lana’s “problematic timeline” is going around on tiktok rn did any of y’all see that

imagine making a whole ass timeline about somebody's "problematic" actions... they are OBSESSED :oopna:

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

imagine making a whole ass timeline about somebody's "problematic" actions... they are OBSESSED :oopna:

truly! and from what i skimmed on the article it’s all relatively old news, which lana has acknowledged in the last TEN YEARS of her career. tired of seeing “lana del racist” on tiktok all the time. like get a life luvs xx

1 minute ago, peachlipgloss said:

truly! and from what i skimmed on the article it’s all relatively old news, which lana has acknowledged in the last TEN YEARS of her career. tired of seeing “lana del racist” on tiktok all the time. like get a life luvs xx

especially since there is PLENTY of artists & celebrities who have done a lot worse than what lana has "done" :bye: 

WGe8ynS.gif

If you were to make a Lana: Greatest Hits or compilation from AKA to Blue Banisters (try and include at least ONE from each album, even if an album isn't your favorite) of 14-20 songs, what would your track list be?

Down On the West Coast: A LDR Collection

1. West Coast

2. Born to Die

3. Kill Kill 

4. Ride

5. Off to the Races

6. Arcadia

7. Video Games

8. Shades of Cool

9. Change

10. The Greatest

11. Blue Banisters

12. High by the Beach

13. Love

14. Norman Fucking Rockwell

15. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

16. Pawn Shop Blues

17. Thunder

18. Honeymoon

19. Oh Say Can You See

20. White Dress

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm surprised that Lana and Grimes haven't made a song together yet. I know their music isn't super similar but they do tend to lean into ethereal voices, so I think it would work.

2 hours ago, peachlipgloss said:

a year old billboard article about lana’s “problematic timeline” is going around on tiktok rn did any of y’all see that

people on tiktok and twitter act like lana murdered someone, it's so ridiculous

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Just now, Doll Harlow said:

I'm surprised that Lana and Grimes haven't made a song together yet. I know their music isn't super similar but they do tend to lean into ethereal voices, so I think it would work.

Aurora would be a better fit imo

grimes tends to be very high pitched like a dying mouse (i do like her music ) i can imagine it being v difficult for lana to fit into a song like that

RVhKIwP.gif

33 minutes ago, Thunder said:

If you were to make a Lana: Greatest Hits or compilation from AKA to Blue Banisters (try and include at least ONE from each album, even if an album isn't your favorite) of 14-20 songs, what would your track list be?

Down On the West Coast: A LDR Collection

1. West Coast

2. Born to Die

3. Kill Kill 

4. Ride

5. Off to the Races

6. Arcadia

7. Video Games

8. Shades of Cool

9. Change

10. The Greatest

11. Blue Banisters

12. High by the Beach

13. Love

14. Norman Fucking Rockwell

15. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

16. Pawn Shop Blues

17. Thunder

18. Honeymoon

19. Oh Say Can You See

20. White Dress

I'm gonna go in order of album and do about two songs for each:

1. Pawn Shop Blues

2. Yayo (AKA Version)

3. Off to the Races

4. Video Games

5. Ride 

6. West Coast 

7. Brooklyn Baby

8. Terrance Loves You

9. Honeymoon

10. Love

11. Get Free

12. Mariners Apartment Complex

13. Hope is a Dangerous Thing 

14. The Greatest

15. White Dress

16. Chemtrails

17. Wildflower Wildfire

18. Arcadia

I picked three for NFR just because that album was so huge and influential, and this doesn't necessarily reflect my favorites, but rather what I think are Lana's most well known/iconic songs 

imageproxy.jpg

Randomly remembered a time when I got so high that I got scared, so I made a status about it here and half of you were recommending tips to help come down, while the other half were recommending Lana songs to vibe to instead :sideeye:

I love this fandom 😂 

The headlights from passing cars
They illuminate my face, and
Leave me in the dark
The voice of Nirvana says
"Come as you are"
And I will
The night time is almost ours

One of Lana's most haunting and evocative lyrics. :true:

Oh Say Can You See is a masterpiece, and I can see it being placed on Blue Banisters, right between Nectar of the Gods and Living Legend.

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Thunder said:

The headlights from passing cars
They illuminate my face, and
Leave me in the dark
The voice of Nirvana says
"Come as you are"
And I will
The night time is almost ours

One of Lana's most haunting and evocative lyrics. :true:

Oh Say Can You See is a masterpiece, and I can see it being placed on Blue Banisters, right between Nectar of the Gods and Living Legend.

as well as...

"the sway of the hips & arms

will cradle you from afar

they swing 'till you're tired

and send you to mars

nighttime is almost ours"

i completely cherish this work of art... <3

WGe8ynS.gif

calling all lana fans! please follow @lightsforlana on IG if you’re interested in helping out with the Lights For Lana Project 🌌 we need more help !! Everyone can participate 🤍

I have a feeling that the "batshit crazy" project that she's been wanting to do for years may be some sort of double/triple release :oprah3:

Imagine one of these extended versions being the official one and the actual version being a radio edit? It would've been perfect! Imagine listening the BTD vinyl with the monolog and the instrumental part. It would've been unreal. :godlaugh:    

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif