Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

how do you know the info about the mtwbt demos are correct? especially if it seems like everything else was false

5 minutes ago, lanaswildflowers said:

i’ve had info about it before they showed up

I guess HD must've gotten their info just like lanaswilflowers, through a friend who actually turned up to be a real insider, a bear from grindr or something like that

8 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Do you know anything about other Honeymoon outtakes beside Crazy For You, any rework or even a new song?

dm please

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

how do you know the info about the mtwbt demos are correct? especially if it seems like everything else was false

I’m mostly banking on honesty here but I had the lyrics verified separately, i asked both people/friends without telling them what I already knew, and when I asked about other info what they knew seemed to align. The only issue was one said multiple demos had alt lyrics while the other said only one, and one mentioned a fifth demo. Honestly just take it with a grain of salt but i’m 85% confident in it.

Edited by lanaswildflowers
slight error

“I’m wild I’m free, no man can handle me”CWVPmao.jpgQMpCskZ.jpg

12 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Do we think Chemtrails has a chance to show up somewhere in the Grammy nominations this year? I just wish the Academy stopped switching her to the pop categories (aka the popularity contest) cause other genres seem more fair to the artists :wtf3:

i'm hoping since the recent pitchfork article (her setting the record of most no. 1 alternative albums), the grammys will be pushed to recognise her as an alternative artist

mUENGN9.png

Carmen is such a well-written song. There’s the obvious storytelling about its namesake, but there are also two extended metaphors related to addiction and actual substances that make it such a genius, layered piece of poetry. 

The interplay between —

1. The verses + bridge (that detail Carmen’s experiences, perhaps as a user)

2. The chorus (which analogizes Carmen — the user — into the actual substance, with lines about potential effects [“cartoon eyes”, “butterflies”, a “mind like a diamond”] and “white lightning” being a likely street name for a substance that Carmen gets compared to)

— is so enriching to listen to. It’s a tragically beautiful song and is just so eerily glamorous. It’s one of my favourites off of Born to Die and it’s so, so underrated.

I think there is so much more to this song than people give it credit for, and what I’ve just written here barely scratches the surface. I could write a whole dissertation on this! 

The live version she did for NPR in 2012 is probably my favourite version. The acoustic arrangement makes it more haunting and lonesome, and her vocals shine beautifully here. The “weaknesses” are the strengths. They convey the true depression and pain of this track that I find to be absolutely beautiful, real, and raw.

This fan-edited music video is perfect for this version too, and conveys its bone-chilling beauty. I recommend that everyone who comes across this post gives it a watch — I’ve seen this for years but it’s so worth revisiting. 

9 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Carmen is such a well-written song. There’s the obvious storytelling about its namesake, but there are also two extended metaphors related to addiction and actual substances that make it such a genius, layered piece of poetry. 

The interplay between —

2. The chorus (which analogizes Carmen — the user — into the actual substance, with lines about potential effects [“cartoon eyes”, “butterflies”, a “mind like a diamond”] and “white lightning” being a likely street name for a substance that Carmen gets compared to)

— is so enriching to listen to. It’s a tragically beautiful song and is just so eerily glamorous. It’s one of my favourites off of Born to Die and it’s so, so underrated.

I think there is so much more to this song than people give it credit for, and what I’ve just written here barely scratches the surface. I could write a whole dissertation on this! 

The live version she did for NPR in 2012 is probably my favourite version. The acoustic arrangement makes it more haunting and lonesome, and her vocals shine beautifully here. The “weaknesses” are the strengths. They convey the true depression and pain of this track that I find to be absolutely beautiful, real, and raw.

This fan-edited music video is perfect for this version too, and conveys its bone-chilling beauty. I recommend that everyone who comes across this post gives it a watch — I’ve seen this for years but it’s so worth revisiting. 

and that's why carmen is top 5 material

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

The interplay between —

i was JUST watching a live video of carmen from 2012 and thinking about how good it is. along with dark paradise it's the only song i listen to from BTD– in addition to all the things you noted, i also think we can hear so much of the artist lana would become in this particular song vs. the rest of the BTD (shades of honeymoon and the jazzier elements of UV)..

aOaIzH2.gif

In terms of sales, I feel bad that BTD was her most sold album and since then she was never able to surpass it. I think that's an extreme bummer for every artist. It can look like the quality of her music is on a downfall since then when it's quite the opposite. We're all aware that people first listen to the most popular songs by someone they're not familiar with. I'm not saying that BTD is bad, it's literally in my wishlist, but people might think it's her only good album. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Someone on TikTok recalls the time Lana “photobombed” their picture in LA :crazy: based on the image, setting, and story they shared, it seems that this was in February 2019 at Frieze LA (which Lana posted pictures from at the time), and I guess qualifies as an unseen image!

Two different parts — 
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8VTbrJ6/ 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8VTCtkY/

Here’s the image —

381707-E1-BE8-C-4802-BB8-A-C8655-B91-A5-

On 11/12/2021 at 6:50 AM, Doll Harlow said:

I wish that I liked the song Love more. The music video for it is so beautifully done. :bye2:

I really love the song. One of her most beautiful, best made pop songs. And the video is just jawdropping. Maybe my favourite from her.