Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Shades of Cool will always be my favorite LDR song. 

My baby lives in shades of blue
Blue eyes and jazz and attitude
He lives in California too
He drives a Chevy Malibu
And when he calls, he calls for me and not for you
He lives for love, he loves his drugs, he loves his baby too

But I can't fix him, can't make him better
And I can't do nothing about his strange weather

But you are unfixable
I can't break through your world
'Cause you live in shades of cool
Your heart is unbreakable

You are unfixable
I can't break through your world
'Cause you live in shades of cool
Your heart is unbreakable

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

The music video for that song is the one of the highest moments in her career for me. It's just a masterpiece.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Listening to Ultraviolence on shuffle and it started with Shades of Cool - Black Beauty - Brooklyn Baby and now Money Power Glory... I am not okay. :lange: This album is a masterpiece

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm so so thankful for Lana & her music. And I'm so thankful we got two amazing albums this year..I still can't believe it:xcry:

Just wanted to say Chemtrails is one of my faves & I absolutely love it , it truly has a special place in my heart & also all the memories which are attached to it:wowcry: COCC era was a bit messy but full of iconic moments & the pre release thread on here was iconic  & it was so much fun being a part of it:oprah: Truly love Chemtrails with my whole heart, this album means so much to me:trisha:

Blue Banisters is such a masterpiece too, it truly is my favourite album of hers along with Honeymoon :oprah: Ultraviolence & Chemtrails are sitting next to them, BTD & P are timeless classics, NFR really was the soundtrack of my Summer &  LFL is such a good album too, the last three songs really hit me this year:xcry:

Also I think we should appreciate again that we got Yosemite & Dealer this year. Two absolutely stunning songs & the wait was truly worth it:justride2: We won big time this year :oprah4:

Pls this made me emotional, I love you all:kiss:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

I'm so so thankful for Lana & her music. And I'm so thankful we got to amazing albums this year..I still can't believe it:xcry:

Just wanted to say Chemtrails is one of my faves & I absolutely love it , it truly has a special place in my heart & also all the memories which are attached to it:wowcry: COCC era was a bit messy but full of iconic moments & the pre release thread on here was iconic  & it was so much fun being a part of it:oprah: Truly love Chemtrails with my whole heart, this album means so much to me:trisha:

Blue Banisters is such a masterpiece too, it truly is my favourite album of hers along with Honeymoon :oprah: Ultraviolence & Chemtrails are sitting next to them, BTD & P are timeless classics, NFR really was the soundtrack of my Summer &  LFL is such a good album too, the last three songs really hit me this year:xcry:

Also I think we should appreciate again that we got Yosemite & Dealer this year. Two absolutely stunning songs & the wait was truly worth it:justride2: We won big time this year :oprah4:

Pls this made me emotional, I love you all:kiss:

:mariah:omg!!

FI2g4rF.jpg

I’ve never really used makeup before, but I’ve always loved Lana’s eye makeup in photos like this one. @Honeyyoung ‘s post in the LDR9 thread reminded me of this!

Basically, how would I go about achieving this look shown around her eyes? I know practically nothing about makeup lol. Thank you in advance!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

11 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

FI2g4rF.jpg

I’ve never really used makeup before, but I’ve always loved Lana’s eye makeup in photos like this one. @Honeyyoung ‘s post in the LDR9 thread reminded me of this!

Basically, how would I go about achieving this look shown around her eyes? I know practically nothing about makeup lol. Thank you in advance!

it's just black shadow under the eye lol. just put it and blend it in a circular shape around the eye

12 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

FI2g4rF.jpg

Look at 60s inspired makeup tutorials and tone it down with the drama and use brown, beige and black eyeshadow. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I just remembered that this unknown italian artist released a song titled Lana Del Rey in 2018… the lyrics are pretty cringe and the song flopped, but the beat is nice 

He basically says to the girl he likes that she’s much more beautiful than Lana Del Rey naked, I think it is a compliment for Lana since he’s taking her as the maximum standard for beauty :oic:

Lanarat.png

2 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

it's just black shadow under the eye lol. just put it and blend it in a circular shape around the eye

1 hour ago, shady said:

Look at 60s inspired makeup tutorials and tone it down with the drama and use brown, beige and black eyeshadow. 

Thank you so much!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

On 12/11/2021 at 8:53 PM, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

FI2g4rF.jpg

one thing to note before anything when it comes to makeup is having a good idea of the difference between you and lana's (or whoevers look you are admiring) eyeshape and recognizing what features you like from her makeup and what you want to stand out on your own face and eyes (when i was younger and back in middle/high school id try to do this and various other lana looks, but then id get frustrated that it didnt look the same way it did on her as it did myself.. so embarrassing :eek:)

but the main focus of this look of course is the dark under eye makeup which you can achieve by smudging/lightly smoking out a dark brown or a black under your eye liner or shadow

- shadow will be more smokey looking and eyeliner/creamier eyeshadows can get a more smudged you just woke up in the skins uk universe kinda look, but yeah do that and focus on putting the most on the outer corner of your eye and slightly drooping it to get the puppy eye dog effect and dragging and lightly smudging the rest as you go to your inner corner

and depending on the show/look her eyelid would typically be neutral shade with the crease being a taupe brown/dark brown/sometimes black and blended out slightly and rounded

(keep in mind lana has pretty deepset eyelids naturally so sometimes the shadows give her a harsher contrast than what she might actually be wearing so if light/medium browns arent giving you the effect you want dont be afraid to go darker even if it seems mega intense)

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

8 hours ago, Escapism said:

(keep in mind lana has pretty deepset eyelids naturally so sometimes the shadows give her a harsher contrast than what she might actually be wearing so if light/medium browns arent giving you the effect you want dont be afraid to go darker even if it seems mega intense)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I thought about asking if I would even be able to do this look with my face/eyelid structure, but I felt a bit embarrassed because I seriously know nothing about makeup lol.

This is a photo of my eyes/eyelid when I’m not smiling. Do you have any specific advice/tips based off of this? I’m mostly trying to get that dark look under my eyes. Thank you so much in advance! I seriously wasn’t expecting that detailed of an answer but really appreciate it!0cwTaH6.jpg

Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I thought about asking if I would even be able to do this look with my face/eyelid structure, but I felt a bit embarrassed because I seriously know nothing about makeup lol.

This is a photo of my eyes/eyelid when I’m not smiling. Do you have any specific advice/tips based off of this? I’m mostly trying to get that dark look under my eyes. Thank you so much in advance! I seriously wasn’t expecting that detailed of an answer but really appreciate it!0cwTaH6.jpg

i don't know anything about make-up but you have beautiful eyes!

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't know anything about make-up but you have beautiful eyes!

Aw, thank you so much!!

Sylvia Plath