Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, brandon said:

okay but, i’m pretty sure it.. actually wasn’t? rick nowels himself said that they wrote it during a session, the director heard it, and decided he wanted it for the movie - so it literally just, wasn’t written specifically for the movie and therefore not eligible 

I had heard something like this. That the song was originally intended for Paradise. 

10 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I had heard something like this. That the song was originally intended for Paradise. 

yeah i’m pretty sure it was during those sessions?  

but

the Academy's rules stipulate that "an original song consists of words and music, both of which are original and written specifically for the motion picture.”

and we know y+b wasn’t commissioned specifically for the film, rick kinda admitted that in an insta caption, soOoOo?? 

11 minutes ago, brandon said:

okay but, i’m pretty sure it.. actually wasn’t? rick nowels himself said that they wrote it during a session, the director heard it, and decided he wanted it for the movie - so it literally just, wasn’t written specifically for the movie and therefore not eligible 

It was originally intended for Paradise if I’m not wrong… I remember her talking about “In the Land of Gods and Monsters” and “Young & Beautiful” during an Apple Radio (or smth like that) interview shortly before Paradise came out.

Lanarat.png

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

I love the color in her eyes, adds to the Euphoria of it all :gasp:

she looks like she's high :toofunny:

also about the y&b topic - just because it wasn't written for the film that doesn't mean it's not a good song :teehee:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

she looks like she's high :toofunny:

also about the y&b topic - just because it wasn't written for the film that doesn't mean it's not a good song :teehee:

yas y+b the ultimate serve, tbh will forever be one of her best

but it literally just wasn’t eligible for the oscar so i just don’t understand ppl being mad abt it 😭 

ugh it really annoys the HELL outta me that she had to put "girl" to the already perfect title  :wub:Cinnamon:wub:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

There was an anonymous letter sent out to Academy members saying that Y+B was ineligible. Nobody knew who it came from nor was there reasoning behind it. It was literally an inside job :toofunny:

Once the nominations were announced, one of the nominations was revoked after some time because one old fuck cheated to get his movie’s song a nomination. it was some cheap ugly christian song from a movie nobody had ever heard of

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

How did this thread turn into a debate on Young & Beautiful's Oscar eligibility from 7/8 years ago :coffee:

imageproxy.jpg

20 minutes ago, brandon said:

it was perfectly eligible, i don’t think the academy would’ve shortlisted the song in the first place if it wasn’t. 

n ee ways watercolor eyes better have a bridge and a GEWD one too :oprah3:

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

no it was perfectly eligible, i don’t think the academy would’ve shortlisted the song in the first place if it wasn’t. 

the academy probably was under the assumption it was commissioned for the movie tbh, and i’m sure her team just let it happen bc ya know, who doesn’t want an oscar. because according to the rules for the category + our knowledge on the song being written independently from the film - no it wasn’t :toofloppy:

5 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

How did this thread turn into a debate on Young & Beautiful's Oscar eligibility from 7/8 years ago :coffee:

me when i open the thread to 15 pages of chicken gifs 😭 

25 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

There was an anonymous letter sent out to Academy members saying that Y+B was ineligible. Nobody knew who it came from nor was there reasoning behind it. It was literally an inside job :toofunny:

Once the nominations were announced, one of the nominations was revoked after some time because one old fuck cheated to get his movie’s song a nomination. it was some cheap ugly christian song from a movie nobody had ever heard of

Tbf Lana hadn't specifically wrote the song for the movie, it was already written. But it's kinda BS since it was not already released, she only found the right outlet for the song.
Whoever did that smear campaign was bitter asf. :read:

now lets talk about the best of her eye-makeup.

KcXAxLC.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

When she came out with that look FUCK and then to release ultra she really did that.

speaking of a look I hope there’s a video or at least a gorgeous art coverrrrrrrrr 

she better tease the song and promote it (in her own way)

edit: quoted the wrong person but this is about the raccoon eye makeup circa 2014

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

I think these are my favorite Lana eye makeup looks

EorEtDCW4AAXOi-?format=jpg&name=large EAKdXjuXsAEBEcQ.jpg 

And of course, this one, which is so iconic

EXCD6AAXsAIX6UA?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Looking at all of these got me thinking about what colors the song might reference and how it'll play into Euphoria aesthetically

imageproxy.jpg