Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Interesting! If this is true, could it have been the video for Change that never got greenlit? She mentioned wanting to incorporate nuclear imagery and people around her shutting that down — perhaps this was part of it!

If it's true, it had to have been for Change. I can't think of any other song besides When The World Was At War that would've fit that type of video, and as far as I know, she never openly discussed any plans for that song to have a video. It would make sense if it was shut down not only because of the nuclear imagery, but also because of her not wanting to use the video for recruitment. 

imageproxy.jpg

I can imagine Lana sitting in a tank, but the “door” (top lid?) is open so she can look out.

This is really interesting, I wonder what it would’ve looked like if they had filmed it. I imagine the cool space-sky aesthetics Love had, but that MV was made by another director so I guess it might’ve been something completely different...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

I can imagine Lana sitting in a tank, but the “door” (top lid?) is open so she can look out.

This is really interesting, I wonder what it would’ve looked like if they had filmed it. I imagine the cool space-sky aesthetics Love had, but that MV was made by another director so I guess it might’ve been something completely different...

Maybe it was a huge big budget MV or maybe it was just her in the tank singing with army footage in every other scene like White Dress :hide:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

Spoiler

lana del rey - lust for cocaine

1. young and addicted

2. lust for cocaine

3. 13 dealers

4. cherry cocaine

5. cocaine mustang

6. cocaine love

7. cocaine - snorting in my mind

8. god bless cocaine - and all of the people snorting it

9. when the world was at war we kept snorting

10. beautiful cocaine beautiful problems

11. cocaine never came

12. heroin (the same song)

13. change (also the same song)

14. get clean

:bebe:

don't do drugs kids :mj2:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

all these random posts with lana and the military and now this one where her face is covered with coke :delicious:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

all these random posts with lana and the military and now this one where her face is covered with coke :delicious:

In the same week where we got a FJM snippet, new selfies, new songs with Nikki and a new song for one of the biggest TV shows 

pooh-soul.gif

if she gets rid of the paradise tat she should get a more iconic one maybe something more suiting for the times we live in maybe "Hell" would work :diva:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

31 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Interesting that she keeps the "trust no one" tattoo. Does she not even trust her family and closest friends?

tbh I always thought it was a reference to the x files but thinking about it, it probably has a more deep meaning

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

So Lana said she wants to get rid of the tattoo cause it makes her too recognizable... could that be about the "new ventures" she wants to explore? It was such a weird thing to say cause she's fucking Lana Del Rey... it's not like she's known just for that hand tattoo :thumb3:

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, the ocean said:
  Hide contents

lana del rey - lust for cocaine

1. young and addicted

2. lust for cocaine

3. 13 dealers

4. cherry cocaine

5. cocaine mustang

6. cocaine love

7. cocaine - snorting in my mind

8. god bless cocaine - and all of the people snorting it

9. when the world was at war we kept snorting

10. beautiful cocaine beautiful problems

11. cocaine never came

12. heroin (the same song)

13. change (also the same song)

14. get clean

:bebe:

don't do drugs kids :mj2:

I LOVE THIS STORYLINE THROUGH THE TRACKLIST LMAO

having a third eye opening moment about the K figure in Lana's music. he's everywhere in her storytelling. that's so scary and so beautiful.

'Cause there's a man that's in my past, there's a man that's still right here
He's real enough to touch and in my darkest nights
He's shinin'

Young love don't always last forever
Wild horses can't keep us together
So what if you taste just like heaven
That don't make it right

how long and how often has lana been singing about the same man?

21 hours ago, takemetothegasstation said:

having a third eye opening moment about the K figure in Lana's music. he's everywhere in her storytelling. that's so scary and so beautiful.

'Cause there's a man that's in my past, there's a man that's still right here
He's real enough to touch and in my darkest nights
He's shinin'

Young love don't always last forever
Wild horses can't keep us together
So what if you taste just like heaven
That don't make it right

how long and how often has lana been singing about the same man?

which lyric from watercolor eyes made you think she could be referencing "k"? is it the "young love don't always last forever" lyric (it probably is that, lol :toofunny:) i find it fascinating to think that after all of this time she still could be thinking about "k" & writing about him, it makes you wonder who he really was, because if she's still writing about him to this day, obviously the relationship they had must've been very, very significant to her, definitely one of her most intriguing mysteries

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

which lyric from watercolor eyes made you think she could be referencing "k"? is it the "young love don't always last forever" lyric (it probably is that, lol :toofunny:) i find it fascinating to think that after all of this time she still could be thinking about "k" & writing about him, it makes you wonder who he really was, because if she's still writing about him to this day, obviously the relationship they had must've been very, very significant to her, definitely one of her most intriguing mysteries

I've always thought the K relationship might have been one of, if not her first, serious relationships that she had in her life which is why it was so impactful. I honestly don't think the K mystery is ever gonna be solved and I'm okay with that for the sake of Lana's privacy. But it's interesting how prevalent he's been in her music since 2005/6

imageproxy.jpg

13 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I've always thought the K relationship might have been one of, if not her first, serious relationships that she had in her life which is why it was so impactful. I honestly don't think the K mystery is ever gonna be solved and I'm okay with that for the sake of Lana's privacy. But it's interesting how prevalent he's been in her music since 2005/6

yeah, i don't think we're ever going to find out who "k" really is, & that's fine because of lana's privacy, but i think the speculation surrounding him being referenced in her music & what songs/lyrics could be about him is quite interesting!

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!