Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

wait now i wanna know what the other one that you two share is :mj:

im a scorpio sun with a cancer mooooon:grinds:

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

I remember that Born to Die (the album) sounded so depressing and sad to me when I first was listening to it. Now, I listen to it, and a lot of it seems rather upbeat or at least mid tempo and not really depressing to me. Like I used to go to the album when I was feeling very down and low energy, and now when I’m down/low energy, if I try to listen to BTD, I’m like, “this shit is too upbeat.”

I think this is either a reflection on how overly positive and upbeat pop music of the early 2010s/late 2000s was that Born to Die sounded super sad and slow in comparison (hello cultural shock/cultural reset that Lana introduced), or the fact that I’ve just become majorly used to sad music to the point where it doesn’t feel sad to me, just comforting. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

1 minute ago, Urbanney said:

I remember that Born to Die (the album) sounded so depressing and sad to me when I first was listening to it. Now, I listen to it, and a lot of it seems rather upbeat or at least mid tempo and not really depressing to me. Like I used to go to the album when I was feeling very down and low energy, and now when I’m down/low energy, if I try to listen to BTD, I’m like, “this shit is too upbeat.”

I think this is either a reflection on how overly positive and upbeat pop music of the early 2010s/late 2000s was that Born to Die sounded super sad and slow in comparison (hello cultural shock/cultural reset that Lana introduced), or the fact that I’ve just become majorly used to sad music to the point where it doesn’t feel sad to me, just comforting. 

I feel the same way. I think that BTD is Lana's most upbeat and classically fun (in terms of pop) album, but I remember seeing articles constantly about how her music was so depressing. It really doesn't feel that way anymore and I guess depending on what someone regularly listened to in 2012, it might not have back then

imageproxy.jpg

11 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I was thinking about it a few weeks ago. She, of course, sings about tough topics, but the sound makes it easy to listen. BTD is the album I think I listen to most on a daily basis because of its upbeat sound. The sadness feels so natural, it doesn't feel pushed. It just is. It doesn't make me feel numb

7 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

Bl5RFrZ.png

I saw this comment on the Blue Banisters music video. :rip: Why does she attract so many comments like this?

Well the speech pattern suggests not a very healthy individual. She attracts these types I think because she has always had an enigmatic quality to her so it fries up the brains of some I guess…

7 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

Bl5RFrZ.png

I saw this comment on the Blue Banisters music video. :rip: Why does she attract so many comments like this?

Let’s hope they seek help soon..they don’t sound well.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Seen this on Twitter. Apparently Lana requested to visit Pablo Escobar's former home while visiting Colombia.

Translated from the article:

Colombia, unfortunately, is an 'exotic' destination with a fame that goes beyond 'Enchantment'. And musicians, out of morbid curiosity or ignorance, make requests that can be considered somewhat 'politically incorrect'. Lana del Rey, on one of her visits, asked to see Pablo Escobar's former Hacienda Napoles.

So in The Blackest Day, which is obviously about Barrie, which song do we think was the one referenced in "holding your hand, listen to our song"?

Riverside? If You Lie Down Next to Me? They're the ones I could see as the reference, since they seem so personal to the two of them. 

And no, I will not accept discussion of the wrong lyric "listen to a song".

Does Lana want kids?

At the end of Blue Banisters, Lana sings about Chuck‘s baby and her banisters go from blue to green and grey. Green is a color typically associated with renewal, resurrection and fertility. Grey symbolizes neutrality. 

I couldn’t help but wonder if the birth of her niece has made Lana want children herself, or solidified her feeling of wanting to have children. 

Lana sings “give me children and take away my pain”, which says that this is something she feels will heal her and ultimately make her happy. She then sings that there’s a hole in her heart, and I’ve heard many women express that same sentiment about aging and not having children. 

Lana also sings very touchingly about Chuck dealing with postpartum on Sweet Carolina and it just seems like this is something that’s had a profound impact on Lana.

Just wondering what you guys think about this I don’t know if it’s already been discussed but I would love to hear some thoughts.