Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, BrokenBoy said:

Does Lana want kids?

At the end of Blue Banisters, Lana sings about Chuck‘s baby and her banisters go from blue to green and grey. Green is a color typically associated with renewal, resurrection and fertility. Grey symbolizes neutrality. 

I couldn’t help but wonder if the birth of her niece has made Lana want children herself, or solidified her feeling of wanting to have children. 

Lana sings “give me children and take away my pain”, which says that this is something she feels will heal her and ultimately make her happy. She then sings that there’s a hole in her heart, and I’ve heard many women express that same sentiment about aging and not having children. 

Lana also sings very touchingly about Chuck dealing with postpartum on Sweet Carolina and it just seems like this is something that’s had a profound impact on Lana.

Just wondering what you guys think about this I don’t know if it’s already been discussed but I would love to hear some thoughts.

I found some interviews where she mentions wanting kids and family, so I think nothing has changed since then, especially after we heard BB

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/18-things-you-learn-after-two-long-days-with-lana-del-rey-170579/

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I can’t believe this was over 5 years ago….I hope she does something like this for the next album tbh https://youtu.be/Gb1lte9uljI

In the IG live she did after BB release she mentioned wanting to do an album trailer with Rich Lee but she worded it so weirdly. She said something like "I want to make an album trailer of album trailers I did" or something like that :thumb3: I have to rewatch the live to hear the quote but if was weird

giphy.gif

Hawaiian Tropic vs. Every Man Gets His Wish. Which one is the final version of the song? On Our Way vs. Spin Me Round: which is the final version of that song?

My guess is that Hawaiian Tropic and On Our Way are the final versions of each song, but I could be persuaded otherwise if anybody knows for sure. Clearly Lana was playing around with some cut-and-paste verses and choruses to try and get the right combination of ingredients.

1 minute ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Hawaiian Tropic vs. Every Man Gets His Wish. Which one is the final version of the song? On Our Way vs. Spin Me Round: which is the final version of that song?

My guess is that Hawaiian Tropic and On Our Way are the final versions of each song, but I could be persuaded otherwise if anybody knows for sure. Clearly Lana was playing around with some cut-and-paste verses and choruses to try and get the right combination of ingredients.

I think EMGHW and Hawaiian Tropic are both "final" versions (even Spin Me Round and On Our Way). I guess she just loved those parts too much and made a thousand songs combining them in different ways (and still released none of them:hide:)

For me the demos of those are just the laptop acapella ones. I mean we could check the recording dates (if we have them all) to see the timeline 

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

i considered all 4 of them “final songs” they just happen to reference each other :wink:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, regattasinthewind said:

https://twitter.com/nfr_podcast/status/1511410102070349829?s=20&t=dim3ukQiuXO5OUQNj-2urA

According to a German website, Pusha T's album will be released on April 22nd... and the cover is the Lana coke picture :gasp:

I’m like what song is he doing coke to from that album other than summer bummer :thumb:

sgopYhV.gif

14 minutes ago, regattasinthewind said:

https://twitter.com/nfr_podcast/status/1511410102070349829?s=20&t=dim3ukQiuXO5OUQNj-2urA

According to a German website, Pusha T's album will be released on April 22nd... and the cover is the Lana coke picture :gasp:

don't know how to trust this website, look at the backcover for bb : https://www.cede.de/de/music/?view=detail&branch_sub=0&branch=1&aid=17457822

17457822_2_92.jpg?v=1

i’m just high but this brilliant mind of mine just came up with something… imagine if this ep (angels forever) was released in 2014

FA46492-F-BE2-F-42-D6-ADAC-F734-F439-E69

0-ADCC037-81-D4-472-B-803-B-35-B87-E441-

this is just a quick edit idgaf but i gagged. i feel like the tracklist tells a story and the songs back-to-back is just a beautiful experience :trisha: YES I’M A DREAMER!