Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 fuck off did she…this was Lana.  
44087676-5AC0-4048-A06A-939856C2C8B1.jpe

No hate to this girl but the way Olivia & Billie kind off gained all the credits & recognition in all sort of ways instead of Lana / Taylor does not sit right with me

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Title. 

This thread is to serve which celebrities, trends, phenomena are currently relevant. Hopefully more so about celebrities, musicians and public figures primarily, 
but feel free to share relevant things, places, media and so on. 

Who's currently relevant, public, and who's no longer relevant (when and why?)

Keep it classy. 
oU9eT9e.gif

UV/Honeymoon

So I did what any lana stan would do and looked through all of the photoshoots from the Ultraviolence and Honeymoon era. Our girl almost exclusively wore red nails for 2 years straight! Even 3 probably if we look back into the Paradise era, but I think she switched it up a bit more then

Absolutely iconic.

But funny how blue nails seems to be her preference in writing but I can only recall once or twice around that time that she wore those (that has been captured)

Not related to Lana, I just wanted to say that my 1 month old niece got named Lana and she's already being a bad bitch. As soon as they leave me alone with her I'll make sure she listens to UV and HM, better live up to her name. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

23 minutes ago, shady said:

Not related to Lana, I just wanted to say that my 1 month old niece got named Lana and she's already being a bad bitch. As soon as they leave me alone with her I'll make sure she listens to UV and HM, better live up to her name. 

My young cousin, who is now 4, is called Alana, but Lana for short (she was named for Lana Turner actually) and I will 100% do the same. 

57 minutes ago, shady said:

32 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

My young cousin, who is now 4, is called Alana, but Lana for short (she was named for Lana Turner actually) and I will 100% do the same. 

Saints, Both of you…

:pray2:

IMG-3521.jpg

On 5/13/2022 at 1:56 AM, Ultra Violet said:

I think that Lana Del Rey got inspiration for her stage name from Turner. Mine got named after a fictional character in a novel, she wasn't anything special but my cousin loved the name. Everytime I mention Lana Del Rey she is always like "I don't even like her and she's not named after her 😤". Idk sis Lana has to learn Born To Die by heart. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

24 minutes ago, shady said:

I think that Lana Del Rey got inspiration for her stage name from Turner. Mine got named after a fictional character in a novel, she wasn't anything special but my cousin loved the name. Everytime I mention Lana Del Rey she is always like "I don't even like her and she's not named after her 😤". Idk sis Lana has to learn Born To Die by heart. 

Yikes x 10, that is a shame! Hopefully Lana grows up to have taste :agree:

I wonder if Lana sometimes know that she isnt an anti-feminist like the media has been making her out to be, but more like one who reveal the true nature of the 'feminism' revolution they were portraying back then (and sometimes, still, these days) - the fakeness, the lack of inclusivity & the hollow performative of it all? 

When she said that she "did not care" about feminism, she was interested in Telsla, SpaceX, Science stuff, I always thought "Wow, what a weird way to answer that question but now i can feel that i understand her more than ever: she is either got tired of females being constantly asked about feminism everytime they popped up, its like a new form of "forcing a woman" into talking a certain subject that they want to write about or she is  just tired because she foresaw the true nature of "feminism" of back then: You are expected to be someone like i.e Beyoncé: rebelling against the system, singing women-empowering song instead of given a chance to be who you want to be, and feel what you want to feel. And back then, as we can see, female popstars are tend to sing either shiny pop hooks about being happy or being a strong female for most of the time - Lana came to the scene and broke that cycle - which they said she "setting women back in time" "antifeminism" & stuff. Through times, and really, thanks for Lana, because from stanning Lana - i can feel i was educated for about women & the truth about feminism of that particular time: Feminism only advocated for strong women who are ready to rebel against the tradition / the system, but did not treat the "fragile women"/"girly girl" very nice, why were stronger women putting them down for that? And why do fragile women / weak women not deserve to be respected? Really, Lana & her music got me questioning about this topic a lot & i cane to understand why she put on QFTC & why is she who she is today.

I believe because of people like Lana, society has now changed the thinking of feminism - im so happy that the masculinity, feminity talk in womenhood has entered the chat these days. But still, weak/fragile women like Lana are still targets to be picked on a lot. Because of their weak/fragile nature they are disrespected. People still dont understand that if a woman, or anyone chooses to be weak or fragile, let them be, why are we forcing ourselves to be empowering every single day? Thats why I see Lana is such ahead of her time without being too political, woke, performative but who how people treated her for her pressence alone is what we need to see about the truth of toxic empowering & toxic positivity. Which no one had yet to talk about back then.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

AKA, UV, and NFR are my favorite Lana albums to listen to in the summer. AKA feels like noon on a late May or early June day, UV is June/July mid summer heat in the middle of the afternoon, and NFR is the evening into dusk into nighttime of one of the last days of summer (late August/early September).

The perfect summer trifecta.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

16 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

AKA, UV, and NFR are my favorite Lana albums to listen to in the summer. AKA feels like noon on a late May or early June day, UV is June/July mid summer heat in the middle of the afternoon, and NFR is the evening into dusk into nighttime of one of the last days of summer (late August/early September).

The perfect summer trifecta.

wow it's the same to me, but a little bit different.

for me UV is for the hot nights in the begining of the summer while A.K.A is for last nights of summer when it's almost over. NFR really feels like summer mornings-noons for me

Lmao the coworking space I'm at, my fav place on Earth, is playing the weirdest and most random Hallucinogenics remix rn. I have never heard it before and have no idea what it is, it's not Lana's voice I think. I love this place, it's basically an hotel lobby and the employees are allowed to play their own playlists. Need to say hi to the girl at the counterrrr

ZKcaooE.png