Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Did we ever figure out what this was?

(idk if I'm allowed to post this pls don't ban me)

It's giving MARINA's " Orange trees"

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

15 hours ago, DinahLee said:

Finally managed to listen to all these Yes To Heaven versions and that "Version 4 (Honeymoon Version) (3:31)" is actually good? These drums are definely a step-up from that anaemic production from some of the other versions. Lanapedia lists that it has been an outtake from every record since Ultraviolence, being reworked a lot. I wonder how she feels about it.

Version 4 -> 2 -> 1 -> 3 (which is hinted to be an outtake from Chemtrails??)

chemtrails version hasn’t leaked yet!

1 hour ago, takemetothegasstation said:

it’s called la who am i, we only have a snippet. don’t trust the titles that account posts because they just post snippets we already have and change the title

7 hours ago, takemetothegasstation said:

just because this popped out again i need to say that if you slow it down the synths in the instrumental sounds like ''california'' by lorde lol i guess this is jack's production

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

11 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

just because this popped out again i need to say that if you slow it down the synths in the instrumental sounds like ''california'' by lorde lol i guess this is jack's production

p sure an insider said this was a scrapped dj collab 

On 6/12/2022 at 2:51 PM, DinahLee said:

Finally managed to listen to all these Yes To Heaven versions and that "Version 4 (Honeymoon Version) (3:31)" is actually good? These drums are definely a step-up from that anaemic production from some of the other versions. Lanapedia lists that it has been an outtake from every record since Ultraviolence, being reworked a lot. I wonder how she feels about it.

Version 4 -> 2 -> 1 -> 3 (which is hinted to be an outtake from Chemtrails??)

Anaemic :toofunny: idk, there's something about Version 2 and 1 that fits so well with Fine China, especially Version 2, and it makes so much sense to me.

Plus i can't see the songs full potential without that distorted accordion sound (or whatever it is). It makes it sound like a historical love song. It also reminds me of the similar sound in Your Girl, and sort of also the demo of Young & Beautiful because of that harpsichord piano. 

All the speculation about Fine China being on the next album makes me think of Dan Auerbach’s alleged version of the song.

Production-wise, I imagine it to sound like The Other Woman, with those surging saxophones and choral mellotrons. I’d love to hear it some day :flutter:

I feel like Yes to Heaven & The Good Life could have replaced 2 tracks on Blue Banisters, I think their instrumentals fit the production of tracks such as Black Bathing Suit, IYLDWM, Dealer, Thunder, NOTG, Living Legend…

Any Yes to Heaven version would work, I think the drums and other percussion in some of the versions suit the chaotic ending of BBS, and the bagpipe thing in YTH fits with the country esque IYLDWM instrumental/lyrics :wub:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

51 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

didnt lana arrange the horns on IYLWM

I could be wrong, but I think you might be remembering Lana being credited as playing a horn on California!

edit: she also arranged the horns of IYLWM! Nice memory!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

What is up with her management omg :pls:

Lana's streams are at an all time career high, now is the perfect time to release a summery bop. Just release QoD or whatever...:pls:

That Gayle girl became world famous in a matter of days thx to clever management.

We all know Ben and Ed are very capable based on Dua's FN stardom.. I get that Lana doesnt want all the promo and whatnot. But from their pov, now that Lana is their biggest artist they should push her more

17 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

What is up with her management omg :pls:

Lana's streams are at an all time career high, now is the perfect time to release a summery bop. Just release QoD or whatever...:pls:

That Gayle girl became world famous in a matter of days thx to clever management.

We all know Ben and Ed are very capable based on Dua's FN stardom.. I get that Lana doesnt want all the promo and whatnot. But from their pov, now that Lana is their biggest artist they should push her more

Yeah I don’t get this either. BTD(album) could have easily gone #1 a few months ago, if they had done anything to release a 10th year anniversary version on streaming and a few new vinyl versions. They should be able to easily download some unreleased songs from SoundCloud or YouTube and just put them on streaming. They don’t even have to make her re-record them. 

5 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Yeah I don’t get this either. BTD(album) could have easily gone #1 a few months ago, if they had done anything to release a 10th year anniversary version on streaming and a few new vinyl versions. They should be able to easily download some unreleased songs from SoundCloud or YouTube and just put them on streaming. They don’t even have to make her re-record them. 

https://open.spotify.com/album/2wwCc6fcyhp1tfY3J6Javr?si=oPvXEAgJSAKs2OwPqB9SVQ

8 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

My only hope is that they are waiting to re release the whole BTD + Paradise in November but I don't think it's happening... the fact that she didn't even post a picture about BTD on its anniversary :thumb2:

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

My only hope is that they are waiting to re release the whole BTD + Paradise in November but I don't think it's happening... the fact that she didn't even post a picture about BTD on its anniversary :thumb2:

54 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

They could… but does she want to have a rerelease with bonus songs? Cause I don’t see them going against her will on the matter…