Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

here’s my think-piece:

it’s getting tiring seeing people on the internet constantly criticize & bash lana for everything she does, i understand completely why people are weirded out by her boyfriend, honestly, i am too, but i think it would be foolish to completely judge lana’s character & diminish her artistry because of it, lana’s made mistakes & has done some questionable things, but the way people act towards her specifically is especially ridiculous, people bring up things which she did YEARS ago (headdress, feminism comment, etc.) without taking a second to think that these things occurred years ago, she’s likely changed, & it’s not like she can travel back in time & stop herself from doing these things, i know qftc was something very complicated for everybody, including the fans, but it’s almost frightening to see how many people nowawdays can’t seem to comprehend or even think beyond their ego & try to look at things with a balanced & sensible approach, lana might not be perfect, she may even be strange, but there are celebrities who have done equally/worse things & have basically gotten away with it, there are celebrities who have commited horrible crimes & still have careers & supporters, people are so selective with their outrage, it’s sad to see, lana’s mistakes & questionable actions just do not compare to other celebrities who are still mostly loved & praised by the general public, & at the end of the day, lana’s boyfriends or comments she made a decade ago really have nothing to do with my love for her art, & i rue the day that somebody thinks i’m wrong just for enjoying her music, i don’t even know her, it wouldn’t even be right for me to say i love her so much as a person because i don’t actually know her, i just know the art & what she has chosen to share with the world, her art means so, so much to me, & there’s nothing that she has done which has ruined that for me, at the end of the day, lana’s not perfect, she may be flawed, but most celebrities are probably really weird as well, & so is everybody else on this planet, nobody’s perfect, we’ve all made mistakes, we all have quirks & flaws, i think people need to start realizing this because clearly people are losing the ability to understand that people are complicated & it’s fucking stupid to judge somebody’s entire existence off of one thing, when they don’t even know the entire situation

WGe8ynS.gif

I can't describe how much i love the "This place is so Lana Del Rey vinyyyyl 💅🏻" meme. Those were basically my thoughts when I see an old fashioned home with a huge garden of roses. I can also be super cocky for using that sound/quote and being an owner of a Lana Del Rey vinyl. Tiktok is doing q service for this fan base, not ruining it like some people may think. 

Also if Doja Cat or Ariana Grande had a boyfriend like that people would be defending them with their life. People are so empathetic to attention seeking celebs like the Kardashians but pick on Lana probably for not being good at defending herself. Why would anyone care about someone's partner unless he's a pedo, Nazi, racist etc. Where's that energy for Nicki Minaj's husband? If Lana's bf is gay or bi it's Lana's business and why would people care if she's obviously okay with it. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 7/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, Surf Noir said:

here’s my think-piece:

it’s getting tiring seeing people on the internet constantly criticize & bash lana for everything she does, i understand completely why people are weirded out by her boyfriend, honestly, i am too, but i think it would be foolish to completely judge lana’s character & diminish her artistry because of it, lana’s made mistakes & has done some questionable things, but the way people act towards her specifically is especially ridiculous, people bring up things which she did YEARS ago (headdress, feminism comment, etc.) without taking a second to think that these things occurred years ago, she’s likely changed, & it’s not like she can travel back in time & stop herself from doing these things, i know qftc was something very complicated for everybody, including the fans, but it’s almost frightening to see how many people nowawdays can’t seem to comprehend or even think beyond their ego & try to look at things with a balanced & sensible approach, lana might not be perfect, she may even be strange, but there are celebrities who have done equally/worse things & have basically gotten away with it, there are celebrities who have commited horrible crimes & still have careers & supporters, people are so selective with their outrage, it’s sad to see, lana’s mistakes & questionable actions just do not conpare to other celebrities who are still mostly loved & praised by the general public, & at the end of the day, lana’s boyfriends or comments she made a decade ago really have nothing to do with my love for her art, & i rue the day that somebody thinks i’m wrong just for enjoying her music, i don’t even know her, it wouldn’t even be right for me to say i love her so much as a person because i don’t actually know her, i just know the art & what she has chosen to share with the world, her art means so, so much to me, & there’s nothing that she has done which has ruined that for me, at the end of the day, lana’s not perfect, she may be flawed, but most celebrities are probably really weird as well, & so is everybody else on this planet, nobody’s perfect, we’ve all made mistakes, we all have quirks & flaws, i think people need to start realizing this because clearly people are losing the ability to understand that people are complicated & it’s fucking stupid to judge somebody’s entire existence off of one thing, when they don’t even know the entire situation

Agreed! Lana is honestly so un-problematic overall, she's clearly got such a kind heart and some of her "controversies" were just misconstrued by the public and unfairly blown up. She's just been a target for hate since she first emerged and it seems like that will follow her forever to some degree. People are too dumb and lazy to take the time to understand certain things so they just jump on the bandwagon instead. :oprah3:

On 7/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, Surf Noir said:

here’s my think-piece:

it’s getting tiring seeing people on the internet constantly criticize & bash lana for everything she does, i understand completely why people are weirded out by her boyfriend, honestly, i am too, but i think it would be foolish to completely judge lana’s character & diminish her artistry because of it, lana’s made mistakes & has done some questionable things, but the way people act towards her specifically is especially ridiculous, people bring up things which she did YEARS ago (headdress, feminism comment, etc.) without taking a second to think that these things occurred years ago, she’s likely changed, & it’s not like she can travel back in time & stop herself from doing these things, i know qftc was something very complicated for everybody, including the fans, but it’s almost frightening to see how many people nowawdays can’t seem to comprehend or even think beyond their ego & try to look at things with a balanced & sensible approach, lana might not be perfect, she may even be strange, but there are celebrities who have done equally/worse things & have basically gotten away with it, there are celebrities who have commited horrible crimes & still have careers & supporters, people are so selective with their outrage, it’s sad to see, lana’s mistakes & questionable actions just do not conpare to other celebrities who are still mostly loved & praised by the general public, & at the end of the day, lana’s boyfriends or comments she made a decade ago really have nothing to do with my love for her art, & i rue the day that somebody thinks i’m wrong just for enjoying her music, i don’t even know her, it wouldn’t even be right for me to say i love her so much as a person because i don’t actually know her, i just know the art & what she has chosen to share with the world, her art means so, so much to me, & there’s nothing that she has done which has ruined that for me, at the end of the day, lana’s not perfect, she may be flawed, but most celebrities are probably really weird as well, & so is everybody else on this planet, nobody’s perfect, we’ve all made mistakes, we all have quirks & flaws, i think people need to start realizing this because clearly people are losing the ability to understand that people are complicated & it’s fucking stupid to judge somebody’s entire existence off of one thing, when they don’t even know the entire situation

People are projecting their self-hatred & overall anger issues on celebrities and it's tiring. Bringing up something someone said or did years ago for the sake of a viral tweet/moment, or in hopes to expose someone to appear virtuous and/or concerned about an issue is ridiculous and so overdone it comes across as disingenuous and creepy. 

There is a time and space to call someone's problematic behaviour out, but there should also be a place for atonement, otherwise the so called purity ring shrinks (news flash, no one is that pure or virtuous).

The entitlement and online saviour complex/keyboard warriorism is laughable, obnoxious & rude. 

4XBQYMX.gif

8 minutes ago, shady said:

Also if Doja Cat or Ariana Grande had a boyfriend like that people would be defending them with their life. People are so empathetic to attention seeking celebs like the Kardashians but pick on Lana probably for not being good at defending herself. Why would anyone care about someone's partner unless he's a pedo, Nazi, racist etc. Where's that energy for Nicki Minaj's husband? If Lana's bf is gay or bi it's Lana's business and why would people care if she's obviously okay with it. 

it's like i mentioned in my earlier post, people are selective with their outrage, people are attacking lana because people already hate her to begin with, she's an easy target, she's also not quite as famous as other celebrities, it's unfortunate that lana receives so much criticize & hate, even for how she looks, because of a few mistakes she's made, especially when some of those mistakes were so long ago, if we can forgive ariana grande for licking a doughnut that was being sold (regular people have gone to jail for this, rightfully so) & we can move past celebrities saying racial slurs, we can forgive lana saying that she didn't care for feminism 8 years ago

WGe8ynS.gif

On 3/21/2022 at 9:28 AM, keps2013 said:

:oprah4:

i didn’t know lana is a scorpio rising??????????

me and her have 2 of the same placements in our big 3 omg

I love a bitch with Scorpio rising.  I wanna see her Sidereal/Vedic chart

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

On 7/13/2022 at 8:40 AM, Bird World said:

It always cracks me up when people insult her body and then say "I'm just worried about her health!!!". Lol, who are you trying to fool? So, just because she put on weight, she should sit at home until she loses weight? :judgingu3:

lollll people who say it's about her health are LIARS. She used to tell interviewers about how all she eats is junk food, spaghetti, and does a "lemonade diet" but no one was concerned about her "health" because she was skinny. Sometimes people are actually healthier after gaining weight because they're finally getting the amount of food their body needs :true:

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

1 hour ago, sexyslutboy said:

lollll people who say it's about her health are LIARS. She used to tell interviewers about how all she eats is junk food, spaghetti, and does a "lemonade diet" but no one was concerned about her "health" because she was skinny. Sometimes people are actually healthier after gaining weight because they're finally getting the amount of food their body needs :true:

lmao they'd claim to be worried about her health but romanticize her chain smoking era in the same breath 

Does anybody know what she means by this in Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving? First one is the version in the book, second is the audiobook

"You say you want your hair long parted in the middle
Long in solidarity - Worn for all his women"

"You say you wear your hair long parted in the middle
Long in solidarity - Just like all his women"

52 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Does anybody know what she means by this in Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving? First one is the version in the book, second is the audiobook

well, in this line she's describing looking into a mirror and seeing her long hair parted in the middle, and she wears her hair like that because of the man she's seeing. she wants him to like her so bad that she parts her hair how he likes it. atleast that's how i interpret that line!

Just now, drugsdesire said:

well, in this line she's describing looking into a mirror and seeing her long hair parted in the middle, and she wears her hair like that because of the man she's seeing. she wants him to like her so bad that she parts her hair how he likes it. atleast that's how i interpret that line!

It's more the "worn for all his women" part I don't understand, I only just realised the line in the book is different

4 hours ago, Chemtrail said:

It made me think of how Ted Bundy would pick girls with long hair and a middle part. I have no idea if that's what she's referring to though. :brows3:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

10 hours ago, Cherriwinkle said:

I love a bitch with Scorpio rising.  I wanna see her Sidereal/Vedic chart

I was just wondering when I'd find someone into Vedic astro on here. A jyotisha on twt believes she's an Ardra sun (tho highly debated/speculated she's Mrigashira sun depending on the accuracy of her birthtime being 16:47), Ashlesha moon (so still a Cancer queen in sidereal<3), and Vishaka ascendant (in Libra rashi)

Tbh her sidereal chart reads as wayy more accurate than her tropical placements to me. Especially the Libra asc and the outcast, teardrop themes with Ardra. But I see the argument with Mrigashira a little bit.

tenor.gif?itemid=26222673

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ Life is just a bubble and it's filled with air ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

it’s honestly kinda interesting to me how lana’s perspective on her music has changed. when she was talking about norman, she would be aware that it was “stripped down, sad girl music, not accessible for radio”. but 2 years later, she released 2 albums that are even more like that, and it didn’t seem like a big deal. i wonder if the qftc controversy made her realise that it’s better for her to take more indie direction and do things for herself rather than for the public

Spoiler

and to clarify, it doesn’t mean that i think it’s bad that she doesn’t release ‘pop’ music anymore. the last 3 albums are actually my favourite stuff from her, lol. and i know she’d always experiment with her sound and she has a lot of slower, indie songs on some of her older albums aswell (honeymoon is a great example), but she’d always have at least one pop-ish sounding song as single. nfr has doin time, but i don’t think chem/bb have any

On 7/15/2022 at 5:06 PM, shady said:

Also if Doja Cat or Ariana Grande had a boyfriend like that people would be defending them with their life. 

Some of you truly can't criticise media's treatment of Lana without constantly mentioning other women, even though that's the reason why she got so much backlash for QFTC two years ago. Doja got criticised for dating an ugly white dude, Ariana is in the industry for years and got hate for many things (i.e having the audacity to break up with some addict and trying to find happiness after it). All of these ladies have faithful fans who will fiercely defend them even when they're in the wrong, but all of them also have devoted haters who will shit on them for smallest things. Stop bringing other girls down and quit acting like Lana is the one and only victim here, this industry is unfair and awful to women in general.

3 hours ago, fraulein said:

Some of you truly can't criticise media's treatment of Lana without constantly mentioning other women, even though that's the reason why she got so much backlash for QFTC two years ago. Doja got criticised for dating an ugly white dude, Ariana is in the industry for years and got hate for many things (i.e having the audacity to break up with some addict and trying to find happiness after it). All of these ladies have faithful fans who will fiercely defend them even when they're in the wrong, but all of them also have devoted haters who will shit on them for smallest things. Stop bringing other girls down and quit acting like Lana is the one and only victim here, this industry is unfair and awful to women in general.

The industry is full of double standards so comparing them is quite realistic. It's not like Ari and Doja will see this and be offended. Omg Doja and Ariana got criticized so much that I didn't even notice despite being a fan of both of them. Of course you'll find a small amount of people who will criticize celebs for stuff like that. Almost every female celeb that dates an average to ugly dude gets criticized tho. Babe, it's kind of toxic to defend celebs at every cost even when they're in the wrong. If you do this, please find a better hobby. I never said that Lana is the only victim, she's just a low hanging fruit when it comes to internet dragging. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

2 hours ago, shady said:

The industry is full of double standards so comparing them is quite realistic. It's not like Ari and Doja will see this and be offended. Omg Doja and Ariana got criticized so much that I didn't even notice despite being a fan of both of them. Of course you'll find a small amount of people who will criticize celebs for stuff like that. Almost every female celeb that dates an average to ugly dude gets criticized tho. Babe, it's kind of toxic to defend celebs at every cost even when they're in the wrong. If you do this, please find a better hobby. I never said that Lana is the only victim, she's just a low hanging fruit when it comes to internet dragging. 

Doja got dragged on Twitter recently for Noah Schnapp drama, not to mention the whole TinyChat affair. Ariana had the donut thing for years, even though it was in, idk, 2014? And her race changing and cultural appropriation is often discussed. The point was that while they may get away with some things (like most famous people), it’s not like they’re never criticised, more or less rightfully. 

I don’t defend celebs at every cost, quite the opposite actually (that’s why I was highly critical of QFTC post, despite being Lana’s fan for many years). Again, the point was that every pop star has hardcore stans who will defend them in every situation, and that includes the three of them, Lana, Doja and Ari. When I go to Lana stan spaces, I don’t see a lot of criticism of her, same with the other two; but it doesn’t mean that it does not happen, it’s just a certain echo chamber. 

I admit that Lana is a low-hanging fruit when it comes to internet dragging (for many different reasons – in the beginning of her career she was unfairly judged for being ‘fake’ or an ‘industry plant’, her relationship with feminism has always been difficult, she has been a mainstream star for a decade while singing about complicated topics and was easily misunderstood, she sometimes has a specific way with words), but I think that every female singer deals with misogyny and harsh criticism at some point. There’s no need to bring them up in conversations they have nothing to do with, it’s better to be critical of an industry and media that hate women, but have no problem with famous male abusers and rapists, as a whole. 

1 hour ago, Doll Harlow said:

I hate that it's 2022 and I still have to see random youtube comments about Lana's lips and how Lana isn't her real name. :bye2:

Lana Del Ray, the Summertime Sadness singer

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible