Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Posting this here because in the charts thread, nobody sees or comments it lol 

Lana is synonymous with summer indeed.  And thank goodness for Summertime Sadness.
Imagine if she had a mid-tempo summer « bop » sleeping somewhere in her hard drive… :oprah2: 

Who the fuck is Karol G? 

5 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Posting this here because in the charts thread, nobody sees or comments it lol 

Lana is synonymous with summer indeed.  And thank goodness for Summertime Sadness.
Imagine if she had a mid-tempo summer « bop » sleeping somewhere in her hard drive… :oprah2: 

Lana & SS should be the face of summer just like how Mariah is for Christmas. 

22 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

It says it’s a screening of her set at the Camden Roundhouse in London in 2012 and other “live gems”—so it seems this is simply a special viewing of her performance at the iTunes Festival in September 2012 and other previously recorded performances!

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

It says it’s a screening of her set at the Camden Roundhouse in London in 2012 and other “live gems”—so it seems this is simply a special viewing of her performance at the iTunes Festival in September 2012 and other previously recorded performances!

Thanks, I didn't know that it was the iTunes Festival performance. I wonder if they have other unseen live recordings of her.

I love how Lana's music goes viral on Tiktok every single month and how her older music is nowhere near irrelevant even years later. She doesn't need scandals nor marketing strategies for people to listen to her. There was also a trend among my IG friends to post a story with 6 favorite artists/bands and I swear that 9/10 people had Lana. 

She's already starting to become timeless. I feel like song like Ride came out 4 years ago while it was released the same year as Starships and Call Me Maybe. The other two songs are only listened for the sake of nostalgia by millennials and older gen z while Ride is regularly listened by new younger fans. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

43 minutes ago, shady said:

I love how Lana's music goes viral on Tiktok every single month and how her older music is nowhere near irrelevant even years later. She doesn't need scandals nor marketing strategies for people to listen to her. There was also a trend among my IG friends to post a story with 6 favorite artists/bands and I swear that 9/10 people had Lana. 

She's already starting to become timeless. I feel like song like Ride came out 4 years ago while it was released the same year as Starships and Call Me Maybe. The other two songs are only listened for the sake of nostalgia by millennials and older gen z while Ride is regularly listened by new younger fans. 

I think one of the reasons (other than of course being great music) is that it sounds so timeless that it doesn't feel dated at all even 10 years later. The perfect blend of pop and classic

Excluding some outliers her music is aging extremely well and it's showing :crying4:

I also love the fact that it's not only BTD getting popular again, NFR and UV are doing great too and even Chemtrails and BB had their moments with the title track and Dealer.

Lana's a living legend :icant:

giphy.gif

I've been so bored on winter break that I started reading a thesis on Lana's celebrity status. It's super interesting and made me want to take my Music subject at the teacher-training college I go to so I can write about her but like... I will be teaching English to elementary school children...  :awk:

Me to my students: when she says my pussy tastes like Pepsi cola she's referencing the American dream by putting herself in the light of consuming...

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

1 hour ago, niandra lades said:

I've been so bored on winter break that I started reading a thesis on Lana's celebrity status. It's super interesting and made me want to take my Music subject at the teacher-training college I go to so I can write about her but like... I will be teaching English to elementary school children...  :awk:

Me to my students: when she says my pussy tastes like Pepsi cola she's referencing the American dream by putting herself in the light of consuming...

This is giving me the same energy as Marina singing Teen Idle to those kids at a school :thumb2:

giphy.gif

On 8/6/2022 at 7:42 PM, baddisease said:

just because she inserted their names during performances doesn't mean that that's the lyric in the album version of the song.

I don’t know if I’m crazy or what but I’ve always heard “Amy” in the studio version. “For A-  …  -my and for…”

edit: I’m not crazy. She probably sang the lyric “forAmyand for Whitney” without pausing and they had to cut the vocals like that.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

35 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

This is giving me the same energy as Marina singing Teen Idle to those kids at a school :thumb2:

marina DID WHAT LMFAOOOOOO help I did not know about that I'm dyinggggg PSja12w.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 hours ago, niandra lades said:

no but you should save that idea for an another opportunity or project for sure, because that would be such a serve

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Guys. Is this one of her youtube channels besides Uhauljoe?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

23 minutes ago, jamesss said:

https://ibb.co/vLH1NJR okay so i did a thing 

so cute!

but just so you know the link you paste to embbed the image has to end in .jpg .png or .gif, so if you're on desktop you should be able to copy the right link by clicking with the right button on the image and then select the option "copy image link"

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg