Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

I am manifesting Lana on MM3

I mean i hope not but you do you

I went to the doctor and he told me to stop being a slut so catholic psychedelic synth folk confirmed!

Edited by Pretty On The Indide
Dam post combining messing with me today

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

wonder if there are some born to die leaked outtakes with unleaked versions that have emile haynie's touch.... i mean in terms of sound i consider only TV in Black & White and French Restaurant as outtakes to released btd, i wonder how, for example, kinda outta luck or driving in cars with boys would sound with Emile Haynie.. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 9/14/2022 at 3:42 PM, lanaismamom said:

wonder if there are some born to die leaked outtakes with unleaked versions that have emile haynie's touch.... i mean in terms of sound i consider only TW in Black & White and French Restaurant as outtakes to released btd, i wonder how, for example, kinda outta luck or driving in cars with boys would sound with Emile Haynie.. 

There are Damn You and Hollywood's Dead finals that Emile worked on that just haven't leaked yet. I'm sure there are more too

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I guess someday I'll do a blog entry here about what happens to me with Lana, maybe just to put it in words - to do an exercise on my love for her, on the ways I see her, on the fact that I would never dare to let go of her music. I just want to say, and thanks to Honeymoon's anniversary today, that I'm super sensitive. She really did change my life in every way. Her music shaped my teenage years and keeps guiding me throughout adulthood. I love her music so much, I love her words and how she plays with them. I just hope I can get to be just a tiny bit as fierce and smart and playful as she is. :rollin:

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

I wondered for a long time how she could go from one guy to another, I mean I don't feel like she attaches much to people. She takes a guy, lives with him, leaves him a few months later, takes another one a month later... She's not sad and quickly moves on. I don't know how she does it lol

Slightly unrelated but I think it’s crazy how nigh all American singers including Lana seem to be in my opinion…crazy religious.

there’s no way you can go to hillsong and be sane surely? Not when you see the history of its members. 

even barring this-Abrahamic religions are highly routed in politics at times and scripture is reinterpreted and used for its own devices.

8 hours ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

I wondered for a long time how she could go from one guy to another, I mean I don't feel like she attaches much to people. She takes a guy, lives with him, leaves him a few months later, takes another one a month later... She's not sad and quickly moves on. I don't know how she does it lol

It may seem like she moves on quickly and doesn’t get sad but we see SUCH small slivers of her non-music life- even tho it can feel like a lot based on frequency- I don’t think it’s possible to say that those are actually her experiences when it comes to love (and obvs the songs indicate deep wells of feeling about these relationships).

aOaIzH2.gif

40 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Slightly unrelated but I think it’s crazy how nigh all American singers including Lana seem to be in my opinion…crazy religious.

there’s no way you can go to hillsong and be sane surely? Not when you see the history of its members. 

even barring this-Abrahamic religions are highly routed in politics at times and scripture is reinterpreted and used for its own devices.

Lana goes to Churchome, not Hillsong though. I heard there's a difference between the two. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

4 hours ago, BlueINK said:

Lana goes to Churchome, not Hillsong though. I heard there's a difference between the two. 

I mean that’s fair enough but I still don’t get how any form of Christianity as written would condone any celebrity lifestyle- it’s never been the most progressive religion so I’ve always been puzzled why celebs like Lana and Mariah etc gravitate towards it so much.

7 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

it’s never been the most progressive religion

patently untrue, at least here in the u.s. (quakers and Black churches were some of the first to organize around abolition of slavery). not to say there aren't plenty of awful churches (there are) but there are also long traditions of liberation theology in diff christain denominations.

all that to say: churchome is NOT any of that lmao they are corny, classic white ppl prosperity gospel. lana obviously gets something from it but who knows what.

aOaIzH2.gif