Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I mean that’s fair enough but I still don’t get how any form of Christianity as written would condone any celebrity lifestyle- it’s never been the most progressive religion so I’ve always been puzzled why celebs like Lana and Mariah etc gravitate towards it so much.

I am completely against religions because they're the root of so much evil (and incredibly out of time) but anyway, religion is a sensitive topic so I usually don't discuss it with anybody. You don't agree on anything anyway.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

8 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

patently untrue, at least here in the u.s. (quakers and Black churches were some of the first to organize around abolition of slavery). not to say there aren't plenty of awful churches (there are) but there are also long traditions of liberation theology in diff christain denominations.

all that to say: churchome is NOT any of that lmao they are corny, classic white ppl prosperity gospel. lana obviously gets something from it but who knows what.

I mean I’m talking about actual scripture-not the churches around this.

3 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

I am completely against religions because they're the root of so much evil (and incredibly out of time) but anyway, religion is a sensitive topic so I usually don't discuss it with anybody. You don't agree on anything anyway.

That’s true and I’ll end it here-but it’s interesting when you see how much Christianity was inspired by Babylonia and other assorted paganism despite being very against some viewpoints in these religions.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:37 PM, rightofjupiter said:

It may seem like she moves on quickly and doesn’t get sad but we see SUCH small slivers of her non-music life- even tho it can feel like a lot based on frequency- I don’t think it’s possible to say that those are actually her experiences when it comes to love (and obvs the songs indicate deep wells of feeling about these relationships).

Nice analysis, it's true that her songs are deep and each relationship marks her a lot. We really don't know much.

Do any of you think K was real? I saw Honeymoun's latest posts and I didn't know his existence was actually accepted. I know that's what Lana has said about her life, but... I just can't believe it :omfg2:

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

15 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

Do any of you think K was real? I saw Honeymoun's latest posts and I didn't know his existence was actually accepted. I know that's what Lana has said about her life, but... I just can't believe it :omfg2:

i believe he was real

or, at least, there was somebody she met in mid-2005 that really impacted her, somehow, we may never know the whole story though, we just have to speculate 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i believe he was real

or, at least, there was somebody she met in mid-2005 that really impacted her, somehow, we may never know the whole story though, we just have to speculate 

Yeah, that might be true! It's the whole death row thing that makes me frown and doubt, but you never know... :judgingu3:

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

10 hours ago, niandra lades said:

Yeah, that might be true! It's the whole death row thing that makes me frown and doubt, but you never know... :judgingu3:

we’ve got the record exec confirmed, her friends Jim  and Bill too, I don’t know why she’d lie about k but she does have a pathological tendency so who knows.

What is the worst Lana song overall?

Edited by Nectar
Extra info

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

4 minutes ago, Nectar said:

What is the worst Lana song?

Released or overall? Even though it's kinda iconic at this point I'd say Boom Like That.

For officially released songs I don't think there's any bad one but Coachella could have been WAY better with nicer production (even though I really like the 2nd half of the song)

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

we’ve got the record exec confirmed, her friends Jim  and Bill too, I don’t know why she’d lie about k but she does have a pathological tendency so who knows.

she's not a pathological liar for wanting to create her own artistic world/story. It's not like she has a responsibility to tell her real life story to millions of strangers 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

2 hours ago, sexyslutboy said:

she's not a pathological liar for wanting to create her own artistic world/story. It's not like she has a responsibility to tell her real life story to millions of strangers 

She outright has lied and concocted stories in interviews, we’re not talking songs here- she can have an artistic world.

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Beauty Queen said:

Y'all it says she's performing on the 28th in London on Spotify, does anyone know what that's about?

Spoiler

From the event page:

'The singer-songwriter's Lana Del Rey's melancholic grandeur has made her one of the most enigmatic personalities of modern pop. The purveyor of glamorous and tragic Americana, apocalypse, utopia and breathless romance. Deeper Into Movies presents a rare screening of Lana's full concert from Camden Roundhouse, London in 2012 alongside a handpicked selection of other live gems.'

just a screening of her itunes festival performance that spotify flagged as a show

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

3 minutes ago, archiemm said:
  Hide contents

From the event page:

'The singer-songwriter's Lana Del Rey's melancholic grandeur has made her one of the most enigmatic personalities of modern pop. The purveyor of glamorous and tragic Americana, apocalypse, utopia and breathless romance. Deeper Into Movies presents a rare screening of Lana's full concert from Camden Roundhouse, London in 2012 alongside a handpicked selection of other live gems.'

just a screening of her itunes festival performance that spotify flagged as a show

Ouff watching her belt during million dollar man with other stans YAAAAASSSSSSSSS

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...