Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

I called the Honeymoon Hotline they tried to convert me to a Jehovah’s Witness

The artist from the Big Eyes movie was a Jehovah’s Witness; Big Eyes 2 with Lana producing the soundtrack confirmed

:ma:

A list of Lana songs, which are close to hitting 100M streams, so you can go stream them! (Spotify Streams)

Dealer - Blue Banisters

13 Beaches - Lust for Life

In My Feelings - Lust for Life

Freak - Honeymoon

Salvatore - Honeymoon

Without You - Born to Die (Paradise)

Lolita - Born to Die (Paradise)

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

last fm 

soundcloud

9 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I mean y’all go on about lyrics constantly but there’s no meats on the bones there-it has electric guitar but it’s by no more means even the best solo in her disco-it’s got length, that’s it. 

I get that VB is not for everyone. For me, it was a dream come true: I love trippy slowburners of a song, and this ticked all the boxes. Cruel World was the closest she had dwelled into that genre before VB, but those alt guitars Knocked it out of the park for me. Yes, the lyrics are bland on their own, but it’s a song about getting high: pretty normal they’re not Shakespearean. But again, I know that not everybody will love those vibes. 
but to read some Video Games slander is a bit surprising to say the least :lange: it’s not even my fave from her, I can spend many weeks without listening to it,  but I still love it anyways and when the feeling is right, VG hits hard. 
anyways, back to topics: I do hope that some of the trippy guitars from VB and the end of MAC will be on this album. 
anyone else feels like the « Honeymoon from hell » caption from Jack’s IG story was about them recording American Whore? :blush3:

9 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I mean y’all go on about lyrics constantly but there’s no meats on the bones there-it has electric guitar but it’s by no more means even the best solo in her disco-it’s got length, that’s it. 

Honestly, I’m guessing we’re not going to be seeing songs lyrically similar to something like Venice since the new songs on the album will most likely be wordy, but I do have an appreciation for songs with simple lyrics like it. Dream pop songs like it typically just have simple lyrics anyways, like Fade Into You by Mazzy Star, Milk by Sweet Trip, anything by Cocteau Twins, etc where the focus is a bit more of the atmosphere the song creates. I personally enjoy its lyrics despite its simplicity. But I also just like the song so it’s a subjective opinion and I don’t blame you for disliking them 

This talk really makes me wonder about the lyrical content/styling of her songs in TUOB! I wonder if all of them will be as wordy yet poetic like the title track 

sgopYhV.gif

https://nadaytona.org/2013/08/03/aa-cults-the-atlantic-group-the-pacific-group-the-midtown-group-and-aa-guru-clancy-i/

Thought Id share the above for everyone-It clarifies who "Bill" is so if anyone wants to update lananalysis-this may help correlate songs-The page is also called NA Daytona.

I believe some members have already picked up on this information before but it seems to have been lost.

https://archive.org/details/JimBAtTheAtlanticGroup

The above is "JIM"- see the reference to "off the races" being said verbatim and his obsession with Hawaii.

are we gonna continue on constantly discuss our own preferences and tastes and obligate other people to agree? I think it’s pretty well known that we all here appreciate different albums: some of us like her earlier work better, others love the new stuff. that’s why being a versatile artist is all about.

people here just must know that their tastes are not indestructible truths and all of the options are alright.

I guess it’s fun once in a while, when you do it in a funny way but it’s annoying when you really wanna make others like what you like.

just enjoy what u like and let others do the same.

with that being said, we all know that her best album is Ultraviolence but her magnum opus is Norman :thumb2:

0YnL0Kf.gif

2 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

are we gonna continue on constantly discuss our own preferences and tastes and obligate other people to agree? I think it’s pretty well known that we all here appreciate different albums: some of us like her earlier work better, others love the new stuff. that’s why being a versatile artist is all about.

people here just must know that their tastes are not indestructible truths and all of the options are alright.

I guess it’s fun once in a while, when you do it in a funny way but it’s annoying when you really wanna make others like what you like.

just enjoy what u like and let others do the same.

:thumb2:

I'm just messing with king @West Coast, but yes I agree it's very annoying :coffee:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm gonna start keeping tally marks for every time an argument that's been happening nonstop for the past three years gets rehashed again :oprah3:

imageproxy.jpg

5 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

the amount of people begging for “old lana” is exhausting :yawn: you really expect a 37 year old woman to sing about bad boys, old hollywood stars, drugs, etc.?? give it a rest 💀

redacteds before a woman turns 40 and she's not making the music they want her to make: omg this is so boring we want the old y/n back!!!!111!11!1

redacteds after a woman turns 40 regardless of whether she's making the music they want her to make or not: omg she's a literal grandma creaking bones going to the retirement home she's a flop we never liked her she's irrelevant she makes granny music she's a try hard stop trying to be hip you're not cool

edit: oh and not to mention that me putting it at 40 is very generous

Edited by the ocean

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I'm gonna start keeping tally marks for every time an argument that's been happening nonstop for the past three years gets rehashed again :oprah3:

You will notice that these arguments often happen during droughts. It's rocket science. :oprah3:

6 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

the amount of people begging for “old lana” is exhausting :yawn: you really expect a 37 year old woman to sing about bad boys, old hollywood stars, drugs, etc.?? give it a rest 💀

I just talked about this a few hours ago but I think her lyrics these last few albums, especially on Blue Banisters, have been her most interesting anyway. I will take songs about postpartum depression, politics, reflection about herself/her career, interpersonal relationships, etc over “Kiss me in the D-A-R-K dark tonight” any day

3 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

once again, everything is based on your opinion and your opinion only. 
and sometimes some people share the same opinion. but they are not unconditional truths. it’s just your point of view. 

Yeah it's all just opinions. LanaBoards posts, blog entries, album/song reviews in so-called prestigious media outlets, baldheaded pseudo self-proclaimed music connaiseur and edgelord extraordinaire, etc; it's all the same really. :true:

Just now, West Coast said:

Yeah it's all just opinions. LanaBoards posts, blog entries, album/song reviews in so-called prestigious media outlets, etc. :true:

the only unconditional truth in this thread is the fact that this album is 70 (or 71 idk) DAYS AWAY LEZZZ GOOOO

0YnL0Kf.gif