Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Sometimes I feel like Lana really doesn't want to get popular or something like that... like, BTD is so successful and she won't even acknowledge it. She just wants to do her own thing the way she wants to and, honestly, good for her :true: I don't think she wants to get stupidly rich either

5 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

Sometimes I feel like Lana really doesn't want to get popular or something like that... like, BTD is so successful and she won't even acknowledge it. She just wants to do her own thing the way she wants to and, honestly, good for her :true: I don't think she wants to get stupidly rich either

Trust that Lana is and has been stupidly rich for a long time now. And good for her!

8V7Yvel.png

1 minute ago, Golden Hour said:

Trust that Lana is and has been stupidly rich for a long time now. And good for her!

i think that the reason why it doesn't look like she's super rich is because she lives very modestly and is very humble about her success but BTD alone has pretty much set her for life lol

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I think Lana wanted to become a star before BTD and discovered the ugly sides of it during 2012-14,  that’s why she no longer gives a fuck about being up on the charts or being a very known artist.

anyone know where lana’s old popcandies paparazzi videos from like 2011 went? i used to watch them all the time on youtube and now i can’t find any :pft:

giphy-downsized.gif

if i wasn’t so fucked up, i think i’d fuck you all the time 

someone did it again!

https://music.apple.com/us/album/secret-love-club-ep/1636840510

https://music.apple.com/us/album/my-best-days/1629017984?i=1629017985

https://music.apple.com/us/album/yes-to-heaven/1640066565?i=1640066716

Except, this time, it's covers of Yes To Heaven, Flipside, My Best Days, Wild One, and Backfire.... and the instrumentals all have lana's vocals badly filtered out, you can still hear Lana in the background at times lol.... :smokes3:

wait there's actually more covers of unreleased lana songs on apple music. how has this been allowed on apple music but some other bootlegged stuff that WAS on apple music keeps getting pulled? like Camel and a few other artists

interestingly enough, here's a "metal" pseudo grunge cover of yes to heaven lol

https://music.apple.com/us/album/yes-to-heaven/1658683192?i=1658683193

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

7 hours ago, honeymoonwhore said:

I agree and I think it's the reason why her vocals on many BTD TV performances are either shaky or very "experimental", more so than in other lives

I do hope she's not still in a "let the music speak for itself" kind of mood and actually releases MVs

For Norman she did so many, including the homemade ones and to me they all work with their songs

I'm so tired of this romanticized "fame treated her badly ;(" narrative both Lana and the fan culture are pushing.

Yeah, media was harsh during BTD/P and of course fame can be tough. But please, can we stop with that narrative of her being exposed to attention against her will? 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

28 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I'm so tired of this romanticized "fame treated her badly ;(" narrative both Lana and the fan culture are pushing.

Yeah, media was harsh during BTD/P and of course fame can be tough. But please, can we stop with that narrative of her being exposed to attention against her will? 

No

4 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I understand your point of view, it really gets tiring. But it's not like Lana was just criticized for her performance on SNL and that was it. She was criticized a while ago for a mask used in a clip, placements on Instagram, scandal of alleged racism, etc. In the Lust for life era, things were better, but it's amazing how everything got worse to the point where she deleted social media. I know it was very difficult for Lana to work through all this before and it is now again. Let's allow her to talk about it. I believe she still has a lot to talk about - and deserves it.

But it's true tho. She wanted fame and to get recognized in her early days and when she got it with BTD she realized it was not for her and that's why she tries to keep a lower profile now.

She's not 24/7 talking and crying about it in interviews. She mentions it every now and then and in some of her songs but that's what music is for, to express herself.

It's clear that all she wants now is to release music and if she wasn't signed to a major label I'm sure we wouldn't be getting anything other than the actual music as a ~ yearly digital drop.

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

But it's not like Lana was just criticized for her performance on SNL and that was it. She was criticized a while ago for a mask used in a clip, placements on Instagram, scandal of alleged racism, etc. In the Lust for life era, things were better, but it's amazing how everything got worse to the point where she deleted social media. I know it was very difficult for Lana to work through all this before and it is now again. Let's allow her to talk about it. I believe she still has a lot to talk about - and deserves it.

Exactly

The lazy Cancel culture tried to come for her, she was also body shamed and called a Karen for a while, was or has been criticized for being "fake" since BTD on top of having an actual stalker

i think a lot of it is that the negative attention she received wasn’t just tabloid stuff; it was unfair and irrelevant and not about the music at all. it was attacking her own sense of self. going back and re-reading things journalists would ask her early in her career today, it’s fucking gross and it was never about the music, and other artists, especially men, weren’t asked the kinds of questions she was. i didn’t think much of it when i was younger but it’s so weird and disgusting looking back on, Lana has every right to be pissed about how they treated her. nobody ever asks for that, no matter what kind of career they want

Spoiler

Then, really without warning, her mood shifts. It’s a powerful thing, palpable in the room, like a sudden mass of threatening clouds. Her eyes seem to turn a shade darker: Trust no one. I ask, perversely, about “Fucked My Way Up to the Top,” one of Ultraviolence‘s best songs, which attacks an unnamed imitator who didn’t have to go through the gauntlet Del Rey did. It may be about Lorde, who criticized Del Rey’s lyrics but has a not-dissimilar vocal style. She just released the song yesterday, but she doesn’t want to talk about it. “Now you are annoying me,” she says, half-trying to sound like she’s kidding. She lights a cigarette, looking miserable.

We begin an agonizing, endless meta-conversation about our interview and her relationship with the press. “I find the nature of the questions difficult,” she says. ”‘Cause it’s not like I’m a rock band and you’re asking how everything got made and what it’s like touring in arenas and what are the girls like. It’s about my father. It’s about my mental health. It’s fucking personal. And these questions all have negative inferences: It’s just like, ‘SNL. Do you actually want to kill yourself?’ … Maybe I’m sensitive. Do you think?”

That’s when she says she doesn’t want to be on the cover of Rolling Stone anymore. She also says, “What you write won’t matter” – meaning that nothing will change her detractors’ minds about her.

It goes on and on. “You hit all my more sensitive weaknesses, all my Achilles’ heels. You’re asking all the right questions. I just really don’t want to answer them.” Every attempt to talk her off this rhetorical ledge seems to make it worse. Del Rey stands up, in a distinct “time to go” gesture.

“I definitely presented myself well, and that’s all I’ve ever done,” she says, walking me downstairs. “And that’s never really gotten me anywhere. I’m just uncomfortable, and it has nothing to do with you.”

Stepping out, I try to convince her that her crisis of confidence over the interview is no big deal. It is, again, the wrong thing to say.

“It’s not a crisis of confidence, it’s not,” she says, standing in the doorway. “I am confident.” Her eyes are ablaze with hurt and pride. “I am.” She says goodbye, and shuts the door.