Jump to content
Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

The only issue I have with Coachella is that the production gets a bit messy towards the end, which can make that last minute/minute and a half or so a bit hard to listen to. At the same time, though, I almost wonder if that was done of purpose to represent the franticness for Lana searching for meaning in the world after the 2016 election. But I love the chorus and the lyrics. I think it's one of Lana's most introspective songs. 


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dream lfl tracklist (no paper filter please)

 

1. Roses Bloom For You (Intro)

2. Lust for Life (Reworked Demo 1)

3. 13 Beaches

4. White Mustang (with more Honeymoonish production)

5. Cherry

6. Groupie Love (Solo)

7. (Random poetry interlude like Burnt Norton)

8. Architecture (with less repetitive chorus)

9. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Bon Iver - demo lyrics)

10. Yosemite

11. If I Die Young (On&On&On reworked with 80s production)

12. Love (with reworked demo intro and softer production)

13. Change

14. Get Free

 

Hip Hop In the Summer (EP)

1. So Good (Remastered with Lana rapping)

2. Ridin' (feat. A$AP Rocky - reworked)

3. In My Feelings (darker production)

4. Serene Queen (trap version)

5. Lust for Life (feat. The Weeknd - reworked Max Martin demo)

5. Hollywood (better production)

6. LSD (feat. A$AP Rocky - remix)

7. Heroin

 

- Coachella, God Bless and When The World scrapped

- Beautiful People is reworked and stays on Honeymoon (add SYTH)

- NFR is a non skip album

- smaller cocc 

- World peace

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm really connecting with lana's trajectory and evolution in terms of her music and aesthetic.

 

when BTD/ UV/ and HM came out i was dressing very flashy and vintage and i was almost living that lifestyle she sings about the partying the drugs the older men the pain the violence. 

 

i started feeling my soul change after lust for life and NFR.

 

NFR was her entry into this more simplistic life, filled with reflections and sorrows. She started realizing what means the most to her and what she loves about the way she lives.

 

COCC and Blue banisters really connect with who i am today. Fully trading in her persona for her real life. Analyzing her trauma and family and social life. It's these two albums that she fully committed to her most simplistic vision of life. Her home, her pets, clothes that are comfortable and make her feel good, family, friends.

 

I'm very much in a similar position.

 

When NFR came out i was in an emotionally abusive relationship. Then when chemtrails was happening i got engaged to someone else and it didnt last. I moved from place to place only to realize I needed to go back home. A place that's filled with old stories, nature, and small circles of friends. 

 

And now there's blue banisters. A full circle moment. I feel like i've really found more of myself. I'm seeing the people who matter most to me and focusing on what makes me happy and no longer trading my violets for roses. I'm starting to heal from past mistakes and trauma and I'm ready to move on to the next part of my life where i get to be the most authentic and real version of myself that i've ever been. That's all just a thing i was thinking about have a nice day! 

 

 


faSE.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To this day I'm still wondering why someone sabotaged Lana's chance to get an Oscar nom for 'Young & Beautiful'? Like genuinely curious why someone would do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, your dealer said:

don't know why everyone is bullying lust for life but it's a great album

 

13 Beaches

Cherry

White Mustang

In My Feelings

When the World was at War

Tomorrow Never Came

Heroin

Get Free

 

so many good songs on one album i can't imagine hating it and tomorrow never came is literally one of my favorite songs ever.

 

 

White Mustang, how could I forget that was on LFL?!? Wonderful song, gorgeous video, classic Lana. I enjoy playing it on the piano. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, West Coast said:

To this day I'm still wondering why someone sabotaged Lana's chance to get an Oscar nom for 'Young & Beautiful'? Like genuinely curious why someone would do that?

What do you mean? Is there any backstory or are you just talking about her being snubbed by the academy?


 zXzLCRU.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alexandro said:

What do you mean? Is there any backstory or are you just talking about her being snubbed by the academy?

If I remember correctly there was some kind of drama regarding a rule that said something along the lines of "if a song wasn't written and recorded specifically for a movie it can't be nominated". I mean it makes sense they require original songs and not ones taken from an already released album but Y&B was literally released for the film (even if maybe she didn't originally wrote it for the soundtrack)


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gasstationkween said:

Does I talk to Jesus sample look on down from the bridge by Mazzy Star

I was a huge Mazzy fan in the 90s and I have previously noticed similarities in their style. I checked out Bridge because i didn't remember it, and for sure the opening music and the tempo/mood of the song are comparable. I still love Jesus a bit more, partly because Lana is my queen forever and partly because the overall song is prettier and more profound in my opinion. Good ear for sure! 👍💙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not related to Lana but :

*Me playing music on full blast at a house party*

that person: can you tone it down?

me:

d4ca5d92a1cb385a3aac76be53f73b6d.gif

 

9 hours ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

Coachella was good. Y’all just hate world peace

 

Love that song but I can't stop thinking of this video whenever I listen to it lmao 

 

Literally what I expected when going to a music festival at 19 dressed in boho/cottage core only to be harassed by drugged up dudes :stareney:


I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, your dealer said:

i'm really connecting with lana's trajectory and evolution in terms of her music and aesthetic.

 

when BTD/ UV/ and HM came out i was dressing very flashy and vintage and i was almost living that lifestyle she sings about the partying the drugs the older men the pain the violence. 

 

i started feeling my soul change after lust for life and NFR.

 

NFR was her entry into this more simplistic life, filled with reflections and sorrows. She started realizing what means the most to her and what she loves about the way she lives.

 

COCC and Blue banisters really connect with who i am today. Fully trading in her persona for her real life. Analyzing her trauma and family and social life. It's these two albums that she fully committed to her most simplistic vision of life. Her home, her pets, clothes that are comfortable and make her feel good, family, friends.

 

I'm very much in a similar position.

 

When NFR came out i was in an emotionally abusive relationship. Then when chemtrails was happening i got engaged to someone else and it didnt last. I moved from place to place only to realize I needed to go back home. A place that's filled with old stories, nature, and small circles of friends. 

 

And now there's blue banisters. A full circle moment. I feel like i've really found more of myself. I'm seeing the people who matter most to me and focusing on what makes me happy and no longer trading my violets for roses. I'm starting to heal from past mistakes and trauma and I'm ready to move on to the next part of my life where i get to be the most authentic and real version of myself that i've ever been. That's all just a thing i was thinking about have a nice day! 

 

 

I relate to this so much!

 

For BTD/UV/HM/LFL I was using drugs and constantly in abusive relationships

 

during NFR i was settling into a healthy loving relationship with a new man and a new home

 

chemtrails the healthy bf and i were moving into another new home thats just for the two of us no roommates 

 

and blue banisters really does feel like a full circle moment. especially with the older songs being added. 

 

im so happy youre in a better place <3 thank you for sharing, I love hearing about how people first discovered Lana or where they were in life when the albums came out.. I could read little stories like this for hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, trailerparkdream said:

I relate to this so much!

 

For BTD/UV/HM/LFL I was using drugs and constantly in abusive relationships

 

during NFR i was settling into a healthy loving relationship with a new man and a new home

 

chemtrails the healthy bf and i were moving into another new home thats just for the two of us no roommates 

 

and blue banisters really does feel like a full circle moment. especially with the older songs being added. 

 

im so happy youre in a better place <3 thank you for sharing, I love hearing about how people first discovered Lana or where they were in life when the albums came out.. I could read little stories like this for hours

 

thanks for reading <3 it's true, lana is connected to the universe and uses it to influence us :ma:

 

sending you lots of love bby 


faSE.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...